WYSIWYG 12: link colors

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
davidflash

WYSIWYG 12: link colors

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Initially I had 5 links inside of one text box. I set the link colors in the page properties for normal, Visited,Active and Hover.
Initially when I did a preview it looked as expected. On the next time, I change a word on the page, then the colors default to blue for visited and some other color for Hover.... I tried all kind of ways to fixed this.... The next time I access the WYSIWYG 12, the links looks ok in the preview mode... but the next time I access the WYSIWYG 12 , the links are back to this blue colors...

I read that someone in , I think, WYSIWYG 10, was having the same issues... I think the recommended solution was to try to create individual text boxes for each link instead of having , like I did 5 links inside of one text box... I tried that but same results. The selected colors are not being displayed in the preview mode.

Question, when I am in the design mode, creating the links, the default colors is always blue for Visited. No matter what I select color I select in the page properties under the Style Tab. Is that the way it supposed to be?? Sometimes when I do a Preview, it shows correctly, then at other times, it default to the Blue Visited color... I never know how it will Preview until I Preview... If it shows correctly, then I publish right away... If it shows incorrectly , I either keep making changes my adding a space or a period any where on the page in hoping that those changes will somehow make it Preview correctly... Sometimes I just give up... Then go back into WYSIWYG 12 hoping that somehow it will display correctly (the links).

Any solution will be appreciated.

David.

Pablo

Re: WYSIWYG 12: link colors

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:43 pm

I do not think this has anything to do with WWB12.
There is most likely a conflict with other settings on the page.
What is the URL of the page so I can see what you have done?

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 pm

this is the current page that is displaying correctly in the browser (https://salvantfamily.com/WelcomPackage.html)

However, I when I tried to edited the page on yesterday, by changing out an image, when I did a preview, it defaulted back to the blue Visited link color.... I do not want to take a chance and publish it not knowing what link color will show.... Then I will be forced to pull the page until I get the link colors corrected...

Thanks for the swift feedback.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 pm

The links on this page have the default colors. The color of all links is blue.
Are you sure you have changed the colors in the page properties?

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Well in my browser it is showing correctly.... So if I do a ctrl F5, to recache the page, it will probably show the blue as you currently see it..... If there is someway I can send you a screen shot of the page before I refresh the browser cache????
in the design mode, the Style colors I selected are indicated correctly under the Style page, yet the design mode continue to show the blue color....

Can I send to a screen shot of the design view style setting and a screen shot of the browser???

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:46 pm

The text (Microsoft) editor used by default makes the links blue in 'design' mode it is only after you apply a style and publish will it take affect and display correctly.
How do I change the color of my links?

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 pm

The only way I know how to change the hyperlinks color is by going to the page properties on the page selecting Style, then changing the hyperlink colors there.

I do not see any Format menu on the main menu bar at the top, I when through all of the menu items, and did not see any tab that says "Format"

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 pm

'Format' can clearly be seen between Insert and Table in the menubar.

Change the color or style of a hyperlink

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm

You didn't tell me that I had to highlight the text in order to see the Format menu item. Once I highlighted the text, I did see the Format Menu Item, then I was able to see the Hyperlink Icon as well

However, prior to that, I did see the Sytle Manager Menu Item, where I created a new Hyperlink Style.

So when I went I highlighted the text, and selected the Hyperlink Icon on the top Menu, I THEN selected the new style, "Style 1" in the dropdown for the Hyperlink.

Now when I do a preview, the Hyperlink shows correctly.

Question, so the Hyperlink setting when I right click on the page to go to the page properties , then select Style, those setting for the hyperlink does not work?????

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:49 pm

And by the way, I sincerely thank WYSIWG forum for its quick responses... It really got me on track again.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:25 pm

when I right click on the page to go to the page properties , then select Style, those setting for the hyperlink does not work?????
If there were any known issues with this option then it would have already been fixed.
Based on the HTML code it looks like you have used the default settings.
I need to see your project file to be able to tell you what is wrong.

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:47 am

How do I send the project file to you???

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 am

- upload the project file to your website or another public server
- share the link

davidflash

Post by davidflash » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:13 am

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

let me know when you take the look, so I can close the access.

thanks.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:59 am

The link colors are setup correct for the page 'WelcomPackage', however for most other pages you have used the default colors.

In Tool->Options->HTML you have configured 'Generate single CSS style sheet for global style', that will generate one file for links style, so you will need to make sure the links styles are setup the same for all pages.
Or uncheck this option.