Preview Mode + Best page dimensions

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hobbyist

Preview Mode + Best page dimensions

Post by Hobbyist » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

More noob questions.

When I preview a page, the background color goes all the way across the page. I have all pages set to 900 width and 1000 length. When I upload the website will the page look like it does in preview mode? Will the uploaded page only show the 900x1000 or show exactly what the preview page shows? I will have to start from scratch if the color goes all the way across the web page while displaying my images in the page properties of 900x1000.

Can anyone tell me their opinion on what the page sizes should be for 1080p? I would guess that most people run their computer or laptop in 1080p.

Hobbyist

Re: Preview Mode + Best page dimensions

Post by Hobbyist » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

I published the website to a folder. The background color does go all the way across the page. What am I doing wrong with the page properties page size presets? Can this be fixed so all you see is the preset page size when viewing the website? Did I misunderstand the use of the page properties page size presets?

So what I would like is for the page to fill the browser when being viewed and not have the background color go past the horizontal length of the preset page size. So the page fills the browser but does not show more than the 900x1000. Can you lock the view to the page properties page size presets?

I viewed a tutorial online. Perhaps when he gave his page size it was for smartphone viewing. So can anyone give suggestions on what to do so I do not have to start the main page layout over?

It is not a big issue to start the layout over. If anyone can help or add some suggestions here it would be nice.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:52 pm

When I preview a page, the background color goes all the way across the page.
Correct
When I upload the website will the page look like it does in preview mode?
Yes

The page size only affects the work space size (see the help) , the actual size of the page is determined by the content on the page.
What am I doing wrong with the page properties page size presets?
You are not doing anything wrong. This is how it is suppose to work.
So what I would like is for the page to fill the browser when being viewed and not have the background color go past the horizontal length of the preset page size.
In that case you will need to add a layer or shape with a different color.

Example templates:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates7.html

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:36 pm

In that case you will need to add a layer or shape with a different color.
So what I should do is;

1)Remove the background color.
2)Add a layer to cover the page size desired.
3)Set it to move to the back and/or put the content upon the solid colored layer.
4)Then try preview.

Thanks again Pablo. Correct me if my steps are wrong or my deductions are incorrect.

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 pm

1)Remove the background color.
2)Add a layer to cover the page size desired.
3)Set it to move to the back and/or put the content upon the solid colored layer.
4)Then try preview.
That does not seem to work. So you have to use the full page size format? I read the help menu. There does not seem to be any way to limit the size of your page. Webdesign is intrinsically set for a full webpage view. I will have to rethink my overall design. Not a difficult issue as a noob.

I also saw the target size. It seemed clear enough how to set your webpage for a target of 1080p and the instructions were simple for doing it. Any idea how that will affect a viewers view? If their screen resolution is lower than your target how will that look? If your target resolution is lower than their resolution?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:02 am

It sounds like you are trying to implement an 'old fashioned' (non-flexible) layout?
In that case you will need to add breakpoints to optimize the layout for different screen sizes.

If you use Layout Grids then the layout will automatically scale.

Related FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=76722

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:59 pm

I centered the images. They look good with a black or dark background color. It is an opportunity to embellish further rather than try and fit one main image in a browser.

I looked for breakpoints. I did not find them in page properties. I will play around with the program and will post some images but not for a while. I am still photographing items. Where do you find grid layouts in the program.

Another question that has probably been covered a million times. Can you break the program down to a format as if you designed the website from scratch from wordpad etc?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:17 pm

I looked for breakpoints. I did not find them in page properties.
Did you read the FAQ article I referred to in my previous reply?
Where do you find grid layouts in the program.
Please read the FAQ. It includes links to all suggestions I gave you.
Can you break the program down to a format as if you designed the website from scratch from wordpad etc?
If you publish the pages then the they will be in standard HTML format.

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:29 pm

f you publish the pages then the they will be in standard HTML format.
Great!

So this program is a collection of standard website html to make life much easier with the option to use it as a regular scratch built website.