Emailing Designs or USB

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hobbyist

Emailing Designs or USB

Post by Hobbyist » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Yet another noob question.

I am curious. Do you have to have WYSIWYG software installed on a pc or can you email just the saved website design to a recipient (or bring it physically on a USB drive)? For them to view at a different location other than your work pc.

So my question is to show a prototype website design to someone do they have to have the WYSIWYG program installed on their pc to view your saved WYSIWYG file?

BaconFries

Re: Emailing Designs or USB

Post by BaconFries » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Do you have to have WYSIWYG software installed on a pc or can you email just the saved website design to a recipient (or bring it physically on a USB drive)?
1)Yes see following answer below.
2) Yes you can save the raw HTML files plus all scripts on a USB and then take to show on another PC. Note if any of the pages have a 'Forms' then you will not be able to open/show these locally (PC) due to PHP requiring to be uploaded first to a Web server that supports PHP. to view.
do they have to have the WYSIWYG program installed on their pc to view your saved WYSIWYG file?
Yes, if they wish to open the .wbs file. Note that if the project has any extensions then they must have a legal/licenced copy installed which they are required to purchase.

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Yes, if they wish to open the .wbs file. Note that if the project has any extensions then they must have a legal/licenced copy installed which they are required to purchase.
The program has a maximum of 3 pc installs I believe. Or can it be installed infinitely but on a maximum of 3 computers? It may be best to put it on a laptop then transport. Thanks.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:59 pm

The program has a maximum of 3 pc installs I believe.
Correct, but the License is for 'Personal' use only and 'Cannot' be shared with others.

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 am

In terms of showing a client a "live" website, I think some upload it to a temporary url (a subdomain of your own website) and send them the link to view on their computer. Just be sure to keep the robots off the website so it is not indexed by mistake.
Small Business Website Design - BTWSB.net