I'm back

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
DrTeeth

I'm back

Post by DrTeeth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:44 am

Hi,

I'm back to WYSIWYG WB after trying another program for a while. I got it almost for free as I found quite a few bugs.

The thing is last night I had an issue, similar to one I had with the other program.

I created a style with red type and a very fine drop shadow. I was going crazy, thinking I was doing something wrong*, as I could not see it. That is until I previewed the page in my browser. Why is this? I am not criticising WYSIWYG WB at all, after all I'm back. I would just like to know why it is not possible to show these effects in our program. Knowing why will help me understand how things work going forward.

*I was, I modified the <h1> style. If that was a bad thing to do I would be gratefulk if some kind soul could let me know what it should be so I can reset ti.

Cheers

DrTeeth
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Pablo

Re: I'm back

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:59 am

For performance reasons, the application will not render text shadow. This is behavior by design, because recalculating shadows during design time would make the software extremely slow.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:10 am

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for answering. Do I need to worry that I messed with the <hi> style?

Cheers

DrTeeth
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:05 pm

I would not make too much changes to these styles unless you know what you are doing.
For example, removing the margin or display:inline will affect the behavior of text with headings.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi,

I did some of those things that you say I shouldn't.

How can I reset the settings?

Cheers

DrTeeth

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Either import the styles from another (new) project or manually verify the settings of the styles within those from a new project.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:09 pm

>>For performance reasons, the application will not render text shadow. This is behavior by design, because recalculating shadows during design time would make the software extremely slow<<

Could rendering text shadows be made an option for those that may have suitably powerful computers or graphics cards?

I am not being disrespectful at all even though this may come across that way, but by not doing so seems to go against the ethos of WYSIWYG. If a computer can handle modern games, as a non programmer, I cannot understand why a shadow should be a performance hit.

Have a grand weekend,

DrTeeth

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm sorry, but at the moment that will not be easy to implement. It will require a complete redesign of the software because currently all drawing is using standard GDI/Gdipus (instead of DirectX which is used by games).
Not only will this be a lot of work (probably a few months of work or more, only to add text shadow), but it will also make the software incompatible with older computers.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Pablo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain that to me.

Have a great weekend,

DrTeeth