Please and "None" option in Table Cell Alignment

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
tkharper

Please and "None" option in Table Cell Alignment

Post by tkharper » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 am

WYSIWYG 11 had no Cell Alignment options for Tables. You could put text and images anywhere on a table and use the Table as background - easy! Text and images would stay where you put them.

Now there is a system of location choices that nobody uses. But there is no "None" choice. See link "https://www.tysaustralia.com/images/cel ... nmment.jpg".

Please bring back the default option of no choice as in WYSIWYG Webbuilder 11.

Pablo

Re: Please and "None" option in Table Cell Alignment

Post by Pablo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:51 am

The table has the same alignment options as in WB11, only now they are also available via the context menu.
There never was a 'none' alignment option. So, this option has not been removed.

I think you previously placed the objects on top of the table, instead of inside a table cell.
A table is a container, so if you drag objects inside a table cell then it will become a child element of the table.
If you do not want that then you can 'lock' the table.

tkharper

Post by tkharper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:38 am

Hi,

I will disagree with you. The ability to put images and text in any position onto a new Table was the Default in version 11. It was an easy way to make a background with any color and border. Locking the Table in version 12.5 is extra work and unnecessary. Forget to lock, move an image, and it is forced into top left alignment. This is annoying. Do a survey and you will find no one uses the Cell Alignment function. Why would you want all your images and text gathered in the top left or center right of a cell? You want to put them in any place as you do in the whole webpage. Give us back something we valued and used a lot. The default is now top left alignment.

At least I now know how to override the faulty program template created.

Thank you.
Ty

P.S. I would also like to thank you for correcting the justified text in Table cell problem. In version 11 when a page was published with text in a cell it would display right across the webpage in one line to infinity. In version 12.5 it displays at it is created in the software.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 am

I will disagree with you. The ability to put images and text in any position onto a new Table was the Default in version 11.
I'm sorry, but in previous version the images and text were not placed inside the table. The objects were placed on top of the table. These objects had no relation to the table.
Do a survey and you will find no one uses the Cell Alignment function.
This has nothing to do with cell alignment. The cell alignment options have not changed.
What has changed is that you can now use a table as a object container. This was a frequently requested feature.
Why would you want all your images and text gathered in the top left or center right of a cell?
Because then they are then part of the table, so when you move the table all child elements will move with the table. This is standard HTML behavior.
HTML tables were not designed to be used as a background for other objects. Tables are meant to nbe used for text (and image) alignment.
https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/tables.html
Give us back something we valued and used a lot. The default is now top left alignment.
The table alignment has not changed compared to previous versions.
However, tables are now object containers, so objects placed on top of a cell will become part of the table. This is the way it should always have worked (according to the HTML specs).