Phone Number showing up on Desktop/Laptop, not iPad

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

Phone Number showing up on Desktop/Laptop, not iPad

Post by etcbbu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Hello,

If you go to my page, here,

https://www.ktravisj.com/index.php

You will notice on the top-right of the screen, that the phone number shows just fine, on a Laptop/Desktop device and browser.

But if you go to this same address on an iPad, you will notice that the phone number will not show up.

I do not understand why. Can someone help me figure this out?

--etcbbu
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Re: Phone Number showing up on Desktop/Laptop, not iPad

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 pm

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 pm

I do not know if that is it, because I have not set that phone-number as a "tel", or with any sort of linking properties.

To my knowledge, all I can see is that it is *literally* just a text-box.

I mean, I may lose out on some SEO on this, but, should I maybe just make a .PNG image of the phone number and simply that, there, instead of text..?

--etcbbu
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:25 pm

It looks like the iphone/ipad automatically recognized the number as a phone number and that is why I suggested to add the meta tag.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:47 am

So do I put this *exact* thing:

Code: Select all

<meta name = "format-detection" content = "telephone=no">
Is that the only one I need to use?

in the "Site HTML" or, do it page-by-page, with that "Page HTML" option, at the top ribbon in WB?

And do I need to do it in the "Start of Page" tab? Or "Between <head></head> tags"? Or one of the other tabs?

--etcbbu
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 am

@etcbbu I really am sorry and don't want to sound rude.... but how long have you been using WB for...1yr maybe 2yrs more? and you need to ask this... :? :shock: anyway there is two ways to add meta tags see the following:
Page Properties and inserting into Meta Tags>Meta Tags>User Defined or Page HTML-> between <head></head>tags*

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:02 am

Hahaha, I know, I know....I figured that's how I executed it, but then I had two thoughts that I thought *MIGHT complicate it, and that's why I wanted to ask:

1) is it safe to do it, one-time in the "SITE HTML" button, and not even have to worry about doing it beyond just that spot?

2) Making sure it goes in the <head></head> ones and not some other one (Which, yes, I am seeing how nearly every time we add custom code in a WB project, this is the tab in which it goes, but I just wanted to make sure)

And the reason I wondered about these two things is because I didn't know how/if it would interface with any *other* custom code that I may/may not have put in "Between <head></head> tags", in various project(s).
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 am

I think you first need to try it on one page only. If it does not work then you can easily remove it again.