Padding a bulleted list

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mike_kallet

Padding a bulleted list

Post by mike_kallet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm working with layers, and I have text and hopefully bulleted lists within the same layer. I want everything to wrap as the browser size changes. I created a layer (floating). It seems the only way to get the text and bulleted items to wrap is the have the children float too. This works great. However, I wish to indent the bulleted items to look like the below. NOTE: In the example below in order to get this post to look like I'm describing I inserted a lot of ".......", pretend that these dots are just white space. The bullet is "-"

INSTEAD OF;
This is text
- This is bullet one
- This is bullet two
........................... Other text (with padding on left)

I'D LIKE IT TO LOOK LIKE THIS
This is text
........... - This is bullet one
........... - This is bullet two
........................... Other text (with padding on left)

I tried using padding for the bullets, and that does make for the indent, BUT it also uses the indent for the space between the lines. So an indent of 50 would ends up looking like ...
WHEN IT ADD PADDING TO THE BULLET OBJECT I GET THIS
. ........................... - This is bullet one

[Note this is extra space between the lines caused by adding padding to indent the bullet from the left margin]

............................... - This is bullet two

Is there a way to get the indent, but not the added space between the bulleted lines?

If I create multiple layers and have the bulleted items in their own layer, then I can make this work, but it's a lot of extra work to make a lot of layers when I have many bulleted lists embedded in text.

THanks
Mike

Pablo

Re: Padding a bulleted list

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 pm

I'm sorry I do not have a standard solution for this.
This will require custom code.

mike_kallet

Post by mike_kallet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Thanks the the quick response ... although my initial reaction is "Nuts!".

What is the value of the padding in bulleted lists? Is it a "feature" to have it used both for indenting AND line space between the bullets? Maybe a new feature request is to allow for padding (indenting) to work like regular text, and then have another field for space between the bulleted line items. This is the ONLY thing I haven't been able to do or work around with WYSIWYG (other than having a lot of layers and breaking up my text/bullets which is a big job).

Thanks
Mike

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm

A bulleted list is basically a table. The 'padding' property specifies the cell padding of the table.

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:51 pm

@Mike,

I created a bullet extension that may work for you. If interested in testing it, contact me at Ron @wizbangwebdesign dot com