*** SOLVED *** Starting WWB has very slow to respond pgm menus

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
dave@thielemail.com

*** SOLVED *** Starting WWB has very slow to respond pgm menus

Post by dave@thielemail.com » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:28 am

I am on Windows 10, updated, and all seems to be running ok.
Norton AV program has the WYSIWYG program listed as OK to Run.
Using Samsung SSD for Drive C and computer seems to be pretty fast.

So I start the program and it loads fully in about 16 seconds. Then I go to a menu like "Tools" and click.
Here is what happens then:
Menu is unresponsive and clicking other menus fail. Just stuck on "Tools" menu now.
Now wait 5 seconds, screen gets a little fuzzy.
Wait 3 more seconds and screen gets clear and the menu works.
Now I have to click all the menus and wait the 8 seconds till I can access each menu, then I can start using the program.

So does anyone have an idea why this is happening.... the menus being slow to respond on first time access, and then ok after I access them all 1 time?

This occurs on demo and after I purchased and registered program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pablo

Re: Starting WYSIWYG Web Builder has very slow to respond pgm menus

Post by Pablo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:01 am

I do not think this is direct related to the software.
As a developer I have no control over the speed or behavior of menus. Menus are rendered and processed by the system, this is not application functionality.

dave@thielemail.com

Post by dave@thielemail.com » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:24 am

Seems to get fuzzy screen when menus faile on click at beginning of Pgm use. Tonight the screen froze several times when the application was starting to fail then encountered error and program shuts off.

So seems as Pgm has problem is when I get a fuzzy screen. By fuzzy I mean the actual screen size increases by maybe 6 pixles and goes slightly blurry.

This is really a strange problem.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 am

I have never heard about this behavior before.
Do you have another computer to try it on so we can be sure this is not a computer related issue?

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:09 am

If Windows runs ok with all other programs... rapid and secure? Then I propose turning the Norton completely off and reinstall WWB.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

dave@thielemail.com

Post by dave@thielemail.com » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:14 am

Fixed finally.

Thank you everyone for the replies. You think I may have known better being a former IT Admin and IT Director. Now retired so give me a little on this problem....

I can't remember how long ago, but probably over a year... I remember seeing the screen get fuzzy followed by a program shutting off due to an error.
Note the screen not only gets fuzzy but increases in size about 5 pixels before program stops and exits automatically. So I am thinking a windows problem, but could not remember what the fix was back then.

Email, Outlook, Office, all Browsers and most other programs I use all seemed to be working ok. Off and on for the past several days I have been learning how the WYSIWYG Web Builder program works and putting it through some tests. So when it was acting funny, taking a little long to start, menus acting funny with 8 second delays on first access.... I'll bet everyone thought I might be crazy on this.... but I have to admit the symptoms were unusual.

Here is what the fix was.
In the lower right corner of the Windows 10 screen there is a notification Icon that I did not look at for a day or so... as I was so busy learning the new program. If I would have gone to notifications and read the messages... I would have seen that 2 updates had been installed and I needed to do a reboot.
So today after noticing this and before doing any re-installs and other things... I did the reboot.

Wow. Now the program loads in 3-4 seconds. The menus worked on first click and no wait after clicking on menus. The program is working so fast now I guess I have to get back to learning how the program works.

Thanks Again Everyone.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks for clearing that up!