Finding & Restoring Website

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
dorains

Finding & Restoring Website

Post by dorains » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm

I am in terrible shape, folks, and I need help badly.

My computer crashed, and I have lost my entire website from WWB. I have had to re-install WYSIWYG Web Builder but cannot find a way of restoring my site to WWB. I had fortunately saved all my data to Dropbox, and so I have all my WWB files on my computer. I thought I had backed up everything, but I cannot find the backup folder. I understand that I can also restore from Documents>WYSIWIG, but I have not found a way of doing it. The appropriate data are in this folder. I also thought I had saved a backup copy on my server, but I don't know how to retrieve it. Please help.

Bluesman

Re: Finding & Restoring Website

Post by Bluesman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:51 pm

All you nead is your project file for the site "sitename.wbs" and the regarding folder "sitename" where all the assets for the site is saved, graphics, photos etc. Make sure if you used any extensions for the project... the extension (s) must be installed before you open the project in the new installed WWB.
The project and asset folder shall be saved in the place you asigned for saving projects. If you must retriev the backup files from the server you must use a ftp program as WinSCP, FileZilla .... You can also retriev by using the publish tool in WWB. In the "Publish" window add the correct publish profile as you had before (the ftp settings) then click the "Explore" button at the right pane, now you can manage the files and folders on the server as with a ftp program.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

dorains

Post by dorains » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:22 am

But how do you retrieve from this: ""sitename.wbs" and the regarding folder "sitename" where all the assets for the site is saved, graphics, photos etc."? I have this, but how do I get it all back into my new WBS? Thanks.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:07 am

If you do not have a backup of the .wbs file then you can use the import feature this will bring the HTML files
Importing an existing HTML page in to Web Builder
How to backup (and restore) projects.
Backup and Restore