Missing Pictures

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
hsvbooth

Missing Pictures

Post by hsvbooth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 pm

I began working on a new web project a couple of weeks ago. Everything went well until I changed some content and a picture on one page. Then all hell broke loose. The revamped page would't render correctly and would't display the picture on one page.... After hours of manipulaton that failed to produce the results i wanted, I decided to create a new site. Everything went well until I again changed some photos. Now two pages on the new site won't render the photos. I know the photos are on the server and properly named. I have again spent hours looking for minor issues, but am baffled as to why this is happening. Therefore I am asking if anyone might be able to help. The site name is www.bk3testsite.com

Pablo

Re: Missing Pictures

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 pm

What is the exact page with missing images?
What should the page look like?
Can you please be more specific so I can try to help you?

This may be helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3748

hsvbooth

Post by hsvbooth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Index and "maintousales" don't display. These pages should render like "manitousales", "slips", and "service"

hsvbooth

Post by hsvbooth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 pm

that should have read "index" and "manitourentals" need to render like "manitousales", "slips", and "store", and "services"

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm

I cannot see exactly what you have done based on the HTML code only.
But it looks like you have added breakpoints but did not update the layout in these breakpoints, so the images are outside the viewport.
It does look ok on my computer but you may have a smaller screen.

Open the breakpoints and make sure all content inside the viewport.
There are several tools to help you with this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817

If you need further assistance then please share your project so I can see what you have done.

hsvbooth

Post by hsvbooth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks for your time.....have developed more than two dozen websites with the software and never had this type of problem. I am slightly discouraged because this current project is due later this month and it looks like I'll need to start all over again. The first rendition you actually helped me with a poorly scripted html widget which I got deleted from the site. Then I ran into problems with it. I had the complete design done, then made changed some pics on one page that page refused to display properly. So I cloned a "clean" page, changed the pictures and voila.....nothing worked. So I decided to recreate the project from scratch, new name, and different menu, trying to make sure everything would work as it should. Ended up with what I described earlier. I would like to share the project, but not sure how to attach. Thanks for you patience!

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:43 pm

I would like to share the project, but not sure how to attach.
Two ways to do this:
1) Upload to your host/server or one of the many file sharing services and provide a download link.
2) Send to the following email and provide a detailed description of what you have done. Before doing so in both ways remove all third party extensions, scripts you may have added as this makes it easier to see what is wrong. Note if using the latter then it will be tomorrow before Pablo will reply.
support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com

hsvbooth

Post by hsvbooth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks, BaconFries...Will send files to Pablo. Not critical to have an answer tonight. Just frustrated on two levels: my inability to find the cause and the software acting this way, because in the past I have probably done some pretty stupid things, but Webbuilder always seems to correct MY mistakes. I like this program, have been using since v.9, and have no intention of discontinuing its use. Thanks again...I am sure it's a problem I have created. Glad that you guys are around to help sinners out.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:10 am

Thank you for sending the project file.
There are multiple images with invalid file names.
manitouslide (1).jpg
manitouslide (2).jpg
manitouslide (4).jpg
Most browsers will not display these images because they contain parentheses.

Please rename the images to:
manitouslide1.jpg
manitouslide2.jpg
manitouslide4.jpg

Also the logo 'Image1' and text 'Text2' on PicLayer are outside the viewport in the breakpoints.
- open the object manager
- select the breakpoint in the workspace
- right click the object and select 'Reset position', this will move the object inside the viewport.
- do this for all 'missing' objects.

See also the FAQ articles I referred to in my previous replies.

hsvbooth

Post by hsvbooth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you! for taking the time to review the files. I appreciate the help. Will remember the () in the future. Won't try to batch name photos.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm