Links corrupted on website

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
adrian5750

Links corrupted on website

Post by adrian5750 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:16 pm

HI Folks

One of my web clients does most of here day-to-day updates herself, very successfully.

She's just told me
--quote--
I made changes to the website and when I published the Whats On page the links are bringing me to the wrong site, i.e. if you click on the email address ******** in Antrim, June, it goes to the site for &&&&&. If you go to July. It's happening throughout the site and. I tried everything I could think of, I deleted entries and re-did them, took out information just in case I was clogging the page, no luck.
--unquote--

She was running an earlier version of WYSIWYG (one before WYSIWYG included jquery Mobile pages - possibly V9?), but was in the process of upgrading to the latest WB12, so she could make some jquery mobile pages)

She now says
--quote--
I've got the latest version which I downloaded this morning. I had the problem before I downloaded, then published with the new version but the problem remained.
--unquote--

I know about the forum post http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... =1&t=73558
- does that information apply to this situation?

Thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Re: Links corrupted on website

Post by Pablo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Do you mean all links go to the same location?
In that case it is definitively related to this:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... =1&t=73558

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 pm

HI Pablo
Thanks for rthe quick reply

----
Do you mean all links go to the same location?
In that case it is definitively related to this:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... =1&t=73558
----

I don't know if all of the links go to the same location - but I can ask, if you'd like...?

So assuming that it is the issue mentioned in the forum link, and given that the client's installed WB12,
shouldn't that have fixed the problem? - or has the source file containing the links been corrupted, and she'll need to go through and re-do the faulty links?

Thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:14 pm

shouldn't that have fixed the problem?
Not if the project is already corrupt. Then the links need to be re-applied.

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 pm

HI Pablo

Ah - OK - thanks....
So it's a matter of going back through recently-edited pages, in WB12, and double-checking / reinstating the links.

I'll tell her.
Thanks
Adrian

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I corrected the link and when I published the page I was working on reverted to the wrong links - again. So that doesn't work. What else can I try?
Thanks
Alicia

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Pablo -
Alicia is the client in question - I asked her to join in the discussion so you can help her direct,
rather than through me <g>
Thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Are you using Windows 10?
Are you using version 12?
Did you remove the fix for version 12?

Can you please describe the exact steps, that cause this behavior?

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Folks
This time last year Adrian messaged you re our website. We're having the same problem again with the What's On page in that we add the links, check that they're ok, publish and they appear to be fine on the site. Within a couple of hours some of the the links have changed to other links within the same page on the site. I've re-done the complete page, re-added and checked all the links, everything was fine - went for a walk with the dog, came home and the links have changed again. I don't know what to do. We're using Windows 10 and yesterday upgraded to WYSIWYG 14 under order number *** removed***. Are we limited to the number of links we can use on a page? Should I re-format the page? Can you help? Many thanks. Alicia.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Please never post any details about your licence/order number in a open forum. If you need to quote this you should contact Pablo via email. I have removed or modified it to not show.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Within a couple of hours some of the the links have changed to other links within the same page on the site.
Once you have published the website, the software has no longer control over the files.
So, if the links change after you have published them, then something on the server is doing this.
I've re-done the complete page, re-added and checked all the links, everything was fine - went for a walk with the dog, came home and the links have changed again.
I'm 100% sure this is unrelated to the application.

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:50 am

Hi. Is it possible that when I add a new link within the body of the page, i.e. with other links before and after the new link, that this corrupts the links following the new one? Thanks. Alicia

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 am

it possible that when I add a new link within the body of the page, i.e. with other links before and after the new link, that this corrupts the links following the new one?
No this is not normal behavior.
Maybe you have added too many links in single text object? The maximum number of links per text object is 255