Publish Failed after update

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
dogbender

Publish Failed after update

Post by dogbender »

I have just updated to version 11.6, release date27/12/2016 and I am getting the error message "Publish Failed"
I had done a partial update to my website using the previous version about 15 minutes before updating the software without any problem.
Is there a glitch in the latest update?
Pete
dogbender

Re: Publish Failed after update

Post by dogbender »

I have now downloaded the zip file, extracted and installed as Administrator but I am still getting the "Publish Failed" error message.
Normally, after an update there is a warning that the site was created in a previous version but this has not happened this time.
Could this be the problem?
I have now updated 3 times and the problem is still there.
Pete
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The only thing that has changed in the latest update compared to previous versions is that now the software displays a message when you publish locally and something goes wrong.
In previous versions WWB always displayed a message 'published successful' even if there was an error (which obviously was not the correct behavior).

So the error may have always existed, but you never knew about it until now. To get rid of the error you will need to check out the publish log and solve the issue that is causing the error.

See also this related topic:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 20&t=75021
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

I have published to a new local folder with no problems.
I have never had this before with an update and its going to be a nuisance if I have to publish to a new local folder every time.
Pete
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Of course you do not have to publish to a new folder every time. You will need to find out why there is an error, not why WWB displays the error.

Note that this has nothing to do with the update. The error probably has always existed but only you never knew about it, because WWB did not display the message.
Please let me know what the exact message is in the publish log so we can focus on solving it.

I assume you want to fix the error instead of me removing the message and ignore that something is not right?
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

The error says that one of the images is being used by another process so cannot be published.
This is not true as the image in question was created in 2013 and has only been used for my website.
Pete
Last edited by dogbender on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

The log shows this error:

Failed to copy file: C:\Users\Pete\Desktop\TVBR\images\huey.jpg -> The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This image is definitely NOT being used by another process.
Strange that I notice that someone else has the same problem after this update.
Pete
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is a system error message, I'm sure there is something wrong. The software is not making up random error messages!

Is it possible that you are publishing to the same folder as where your project is? So while publishing the software will try to overwrite an image that the project has in use?
In other words, is the file C:\Users\Pete\Desktop\TVBR\images\huey.jpg (in the same path) used in your project?
Strange that I notice that someone else has the same problem after this update.
Correct, but the problem is not in the software!

Once again, please note that this error has always existed. This is not a new error that was caused by the latest update. The only thing that is new is that now you know about it.
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

If the error had always been there I would not have been able to publish any of my websites since I purchased the software!
Pete
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Can you please answer my question so I can try to help you?
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

I have only been able to publish into a new folder. If I open the program from the original folder, I am still getting the Publish Failed error.
Pete
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

I have deleted the image that is causing the problem, published successfully, saved the project and closed the program.
When I reopen the project, the image does not appear but I am still getting the publish failed error. when I close the publish box, the image has returned even though it had previously been deleted. The same thing occurs even after a reboot.
Because I have numerous PC programs, I have Windows7 running on my Mac but would like to try the Mac version of the software again but having already tried it once, I am unable to install it.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

the image has returned even though it had previously been deleted
Are you sure you have complete removed it from the page?
Maybe there are other references to the same image?
I can ensure you that WWB will not re-add removed objects automatically.

Please try to focus on why this is happening. This is not because there is an error in WWB, but because there is a conflict in your configuration.

Are you publishing the website to the same folder as where you keep your project? If yes, then that is issue. If no, then please provide more details about how you have configured your folders so I can try to help you figure out the source of the problem.
dogbender

Post by dogbender »

I don't know if you can open the zipped file below but if you can, you will see that the image called "huey" is not in the file but it returns after a successful publish.
Pete
Last edited by dogbender on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

If you wish us to be able to try and open the rar file then please provide a working url (upload to your host/server) and give a link and not a path that is local to your machine.
lummis

Post by lummis »

Pete, Attachments are not permitted on this forum so no one will be able to look at your zip file!

You will help yourself and Pablo if you just answer his questions. You have already said that it works if you use a new local folder so that is why there is a suspicion that you may be using the same folder as your project. So please for everyone's sake can you answer the following:
Are you publishing the website to the same folder as where you keep your project? If yes, then that is issue. If no, then please provide more details about how you have configured your folders so I can try to help you figure out the source of the problem.
Brian
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ lummis although a attachment can't be added directly you simply upload the file to say mediafire then provide the link generated by them then post the link here so that it can be downloaded or simply upload the rar to your own host/server and provide a link for download.
lummis

Post by lummis »

I hear what you say BF but that is not what is normally meant as adding attachments to a forum :)

My worry is that the file will not move us forward whereas answering the direct question will!

Brian
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

I am having a similar problem. When I publish my page and change the form page file type to php, I get the form but when I send it (http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/%3C?php%2 ... _);%20?%3E), I get a 404 error, page not found. the site is http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Membership.html. I have looked for conflicts but unable to find any. Help please.

Ken
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The code seems to be valid.

It looks like you have enabled PHP mailer so did you also published these files?
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

Yes, I republished the index, membership and registration. Tried it again and it still gives me the 404 file not found screen.

Ken
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have just viewed your site and can reach all the pages you mentioned. Note the index page url extension should be http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/index.html and not http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Index.html also the url for the registration is incorrect as well it should be http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Registration.php and not
http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Registration.html
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

I can reach the pages, but when I fill in the information if gives me the 404 error instead of the e-mail program.

Ken
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

When I click on http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Registration.php , I get Internal Server error. Why?

Ken
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

When I click on http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Registration.php , I get Internal Server error. Why?
Why? This is because there is no page on the server named/called registration.php! there is a page named registration.html Please see my previous reply regarding this.... Note the page in question uses php so for it to work then the page extension needs to end with .php and not .html as you have used. Also your server must support php for it to work.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you also publish/upload the 'php mailer' folder?
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

Where do I find the "php mailer folder"?

Ken
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

The server has a file registration.php and a file registration.html. It seems to only use the html one.

Ken
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The php mailer files will be generated when you publish the page.
All generated files need to be published to the server.
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

Hi Ken.
At your web you use WWB11 and WWB14 and 90second web builder for MAC. so first you must first decide which app you use for build whole web, when decide after that convert in that app, example WWB 14, republish whole web, and linked in menu at that page for new user, php, and after that is work ok.
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

I republished every page in my website and I still get the 404 error.

Ken
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you sure the php mailer files are on the server?
Why did you enable 'php mailer'?
Does it work when you use standard php mail?
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

yes, I have a copy of the page but it will not let me paste it.

It has;
PHPMailer.php
Registration.html
Registration.php

Ken
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

When I hover over the New Member Registration, at the bottom of the screen it says it is going to Registration.html.

How can I change that?

Ken
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Registration.html

This is the link that shows when I hover over the New Member Registration link.

Ken
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

If I change the Registration page to html, I still get the 404 error when I submit.

Ken
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

How can I change that?
First you will need to set/change the Registration.html to Registration.php Then you will need to highlight the text "New Member Registration" select the 'New' page Registration.php and republish once published you will also need to remove the 'Old' page Registration.html from the server once you have done all this it should be ok.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It seems to work now, although it looks like you have set the document type of the page to 'none'. This should be HTML5 (or HTML4)
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

I had to delete the form and rebuild it. It works now only if no checkkbox is checked. When boxes are checked, it appears to work and gives the success screen but the email with the information doesn't come through although it did one time. Why would check boxes cause it not to be relayed to me?

Ken
kenknotts

Post by kenknotts »

Disregard, it appears to be working after resting overnight.

Ken