Email Marketing Campaign Software?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
lummis

Re: Email Marketing Campaign Software?

Post by lummis » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:11 pm

I know what you mean, Colin but just look at it like any other software - you could say that WWB is a one time payment (rather than subscription). I think that they have used that terminology just to differentiate themselves from those that charge a monthly fee. But in the end you have to go with what suits the client.

Brian

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:27 pm

lummis wrote:I know what you mean, Colin but just look at it like any other software - you could say that WWB is a one time payment (rather than subscription). I think that they have used that terminology just to differentiate themselves from those that charge a monthly fee. But in the end you have to go with what suits the client.

Brian
All very true Brian, although Pablo has an ongoing revenue stream with new versions and paid for extensions :D - thank you again for your input 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
Please think before you post, be polite, don't hijack threads and above all please respect Pablo's huge effort!
My Website

alex4orly

Post by alex4orly » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi Colin,

Just looking for creating an email template to send from within WB
Did you manage to do it? How?
The contact form is just plain...

All the best for 2018

Alex

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:59 pm

I have been providing HTML emails for clients for about 10 years now. Truth is I hate them and try to avoid them by hoping to convince the client to use an email service like Mailchimp. They are often more of a pain than they are worth. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

I do not recommend using WB for creating emails. That is not a slam on WB - just the opposite. WB is too sophisticated and HTML emails must be written as primitive as possible to increase the chances they will view properly and get past most spam filters. I use an HTML editor and start and end the document with <html> </html> tags. I keep the emails at 600px wide or less.

If you think dealing with all the different browsers and their unique ways of displaying code is a pain, wait till you have to consider all the different email programs and whether or not they can read various tags common in web page design. Browsers are way more sophisticated than email programs so what looks good in a browser will not necessarily look good in an email display. Email programs are essentially very unsophisticated browsers for the most part.

Some things I have learned: I keep all styles inline. There are pluses and minuses to this. Here is a great article explaining these https://emails.hteumeuleu.com/should-we ... 3b64f0d407

It is also best practice to post all images used in the email to your server, then use full paths to call on them in the email. (ex: http://www.yoururl.com/images/house.jpg). I use tables for the email structure. This will give you the best chance your email will display as intended in the all-too-many email programs out there. I try to keep everything old school. I suppose you could try using WB by setting the page properties for table layout instead of CSS layout in Miscellaneous and avoid external sheets. I have never tried this so if you do try this and it works please share the project.

Once I get the html finished I publish it as a web page, then provide a link to it at the top of the email. Even the big boys like Mailchomp and Constant Contact still do this. No matter what I do there are still some people using email programs that cannot read the email as intended. I usually expect between 5 and 10 percent, so providing this link is highly recommended. Mobile email apps are notorious for not reading HTML emails well.

Here is an email I built for a client recently: http://www.oldcapitalmuseum.org/depot_email2.html
Feel free to look at the source code. Simple table layout - nothing sophisticated. Funny thing is they use Mailchimp for their campaigns so we load the html into their Mailchimp acct to create the custom campaign. They maintain their list with Mailchimp.

I hope some of this helps.

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 am

alex4orly wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:18 pm
Hi Colin,

Just looking for creating an email template to send from within WB
Did you manage to do it? How?
The contact form is just plain...

All the best for 2018

Alex
Hi Alex,
Sorry haven't been in here for a while due to other calls on my time and the impact of the Festive Season - and happy new year to you too :)
So, no not yet, but the input from protect... is great.
Mailchimp is very popular - but of course you have to accept that you are putting your Client contact list in the database of a very large hacking target.
Always a trade off.
Totally agree with Protect... on trying to use WB.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
Please think before you post, be polite, don't hijack threads and above all please respect Pablo's huge effort!
My Website