Error Report on a Page

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jrudasill

Error Report on a Page

Post by jrudasill » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:56 pm

I am getting the following errors on a page concerning the image file name.

I had to change a number of image file names to not use "(" or ")", but unless WB does not like a space as part of the filename I don't see anything wrong with any of these file names.

Could someone please tell me what is wrong with these filenames

Thanks for your assistance.

John

HS-HeritagePark,Invalid filename,Historic Park2-small.jpg: Names must contain only ASCII letters (a-z,A-Z), digits (0-9), underscore, dot and dash.
HS-Depot,Invalid filename,Train Depot2-small.jpg: Names must contain only ASCII letters (a-z,A-Z), digits (0-9), underscore, dot and dash.
HS-CherryBlossoms,Invalid filename,Cherry Tree-1717-small.jpg: Names must contain only ASCII letters (a-z,A-Z), digits (0-9), underscore, dot and dash.
HS-TruckMuseum,Invalid filename,Beam Truck Museum2-small.jpg: Names must contain only ASCII letters (a-z,A-Z), digits (0-9), underscore, dot and dash.
HS-CarolinaTriples,Invalid filename,CFCC Triples-small.jpg: Names must contain only ASCII letters (a-z,A-Z), digits (0-9), underscore, dot and dash.

BaconFries

Re: Error Report on a Page

Post by BaconFries » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Images should not contain any spaces in them. It has nothing to do with the program not liking them at all it is how this work. Please read the following carefully:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64868

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:51 am

Note that WWB does not care about how you name your images. However web browsers and web servers do. That is why WWB displays the warning.
Many web servers will see a space as a separate (the end of the file name) and then fail to load the image. That is why it's better not to use spaces in file names.

TimmyLee

Post by TimmyLee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm

I had errors like this, bad file names for images, so I deleted them, renamed them and added them back to the page with the new names but am still getting the errors based on the old file names. How can I fix this?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:36 pm

@TimmyLee please provide a copy of your project then so we can view to see what you have done!. Did you delete the old images from your project? also when viewing in the browser did you clear the cache?.

TimmyLee

Post by TimmyLee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 pm

I'll have to research how to post a copy of project file first, but yes, I deleted the images, renamed them and re-added them with the new names, but the old names keep showing up in the error report. Also cleared the browser cache but not sure why. The new images show up fine, I was just concerned about the error log. It added the newly named images as additional images and I can't get rid of the old names except to just click on UNVIEW them, make them not visible. I also find it very difficult to resize the images to proportion as the instructions I read said that they would resize to fit the box automatically, which they don't. I realize this is only my 2nd or 3rd day with this program, but it's overwhelming, not quite so WYSIWYG.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

I'll have to research how to post a copy of project file first
Simply zip or rar with the likes of Winzip or Winrar upload to your host/server then provide a url so it is possible to download or upload to one of the many free file sharing sites and again provide a url to download.
I also find it very difficult to resize the images to proportion as the instructions I read said that they would resize to fit the box automatically, which they don't.
From the tutorial
"The size of the box does not matter; Web Builder automatically adjusts the box to fit the image after you place it. The Image File Open dialog appears so you can locate the image you want to place in the image box. Select the image you want to add and click Open to add it to the page."
What this is saying is when you drag'n'drop the Image Object (box) to the workspace the size of it doesn't matter! as it will accommodate the image, so if the image used is 600x600 it will fit, if you then wish to resize to say 150x150 then you use the handles as shown. It does not work as maybe you may think ie drag'n'drop the Image Object (box) resize, add image and the image used will match the size of (box)... it works as mentioned. I would simply take the time to read all relevant tutorials before saying it doesn't work, with that said you are free to still post/ask, but I can assure you it does work as intended as I have been using the software for eleven years with how it is shown in the tutorial.

TimmyLee

Post by TimmyLee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Thanks for the input, what I meant to express was is that it is NOT as simple as first implied. Takes a lot of learning, but I did manage to figure out through trial and error that you apparently can't just right-click and delete an image. You have to remove it from the properties box. Works great now, no errors. I just needed to get a simple site up for now, so I can spend some time learning the software and create a more elaborate site.
Thanks for all the patience and help, it's rare these days.
Tim

TimmyLee

Post by TimmyLee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:43 pm

I was curious though, I've subscribed to these topics but do not receive email notifications as I have it configured, I must be missing something here too.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks for all the patience and help, it's rare these days.
Your welcome... now this is meant to be humorous...when learning anything 'New' we need to learn to walk before we can run....
I was curious though, I've subscribed to these topics but do not receive email notifications as I have it configured, I must be missing something here too.
It's possible that they may have been blocked by your email provider or they are simply being sent to your spam folder.