Transferring a website for editing - how?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
adrian5750

Transferring a website for editing - how?

Post by adrian5750 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:20 pm

HI
I have a client who does most of the day-to-day updates themselves.
Just now - there's a need for a rather more extensive update - so I'm going to do it for them.
I asked them to make sure that they had the 'make a copy of project file on server' box ticked.

When I log in, explore, and download thier WBS file, it's missing all the images.
Is that how it should be - or is there something that they can do to include the images with the wbs file?
In the past, they've done a 'save as template', and then I or they have done a 'new project from template'.
Is that the only recommended way to ensure that images are included?

I'll have the same problem, in reverse, in a few days - as I've created a set of 'mobile-friendly' pages based on their 'desktop' pages - and will want to get them to incorporate these mobile pages in their main project.

What's the right way to do this?

Thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Re: Transferring a website for editing - how?

Post by Pablo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Is that how it should be - or is there something that they can do to include the images with the wbs file?
The project file does not include images, otherwise it would a 1000 times bigger...
Only the project file is back-upped, because all the images are already on the server. Usually in the sub folder 'images'.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44024

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

HI Pablo
OK - thanks for that.

So - just to make sure I understand it...

Client publishes their version of the site, with 'make backup on server' enabled.

I download the wbs file from the server.

I then edit the pages in the wbs file, and re-publish (with 'save backup...' ticked), even though, in my local copy of the file, I cannot see the original images.

Client can then download my updated wbs file - and they will be able to see the images when they edit it in wysiwyg.

Have I got that right?
Or is it better to 'transfer' the website between us as a template..?

All I really need to do is ament one or two pages of thier site - but I guess it'll complicate the issue if I import pages from their project into my own project, as they'd have to unravel it all again later..?

Thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I think for the best results you will need to download the images to your computer.
As long as you both have the same images, all you will need to do is exchanged the project file.

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

HI Pablo. That's an excellent idea! (wish I'd thought of it <g>)
Thanks
Adrian