Extension $Z_INDEX$ variable is not replaced in "Between Head Tag" in extension builder"

This section can be used to submit suggestions for Extension Builder.
Note that this section is not monitored for support.
Forum rules
This forum section can be used to submit suggestions for Extension Builder.
Note that this section is not monitored for support.
xavier@cribelier.fr

Extension $Z_INDEX$ variable is not replaced in "Between Head Tag" in extension builder"

Post by xavier@cribelier.fr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Hello,
$Z_INDEX$ is not replaced when i put it in the "Between Header Tag" tab in extension builder
Thanks for your help
Best regards
Xavier

Pablo

Re: Extension $Z_INDEX$ variable is not replaced in "Between Head Tag" in extension builder"

Post by Pablo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Correct, the $Z_INDEX$ variable is only valid inside the body.
Please understand that WWB does not 'understand' your code, so it cannot link the code between the head tags the a visual part of the object.

xavier@cribelier.fr

Re: Extension $Z_INDEX$ variable is not replaced in "Between Head Tag" in extension builder"

Post by xavier@cribelier.fr » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:01 am

Hello,
ok i can understand, but i suppose that if wwb can replace $ID$,$WIDTH$ etc.. Why can't it replace $Z_INDEX$?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:23 am

Why can't it replace $Z_INDEX$?
Because the z-index is applied to the objects as one of the last things after all other code has been generated.
The reason for this is that page can contain master pages, master frames, layers etc, so the final structure is only known at the end of the build process. By that time the style sheets have already been generated, so there is no way to match z-index of an object with code between the head tags.