Passwords are not saving

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
kirbykirk

Passwords are not saving

Post by kirbykirk »

I have set up a login and password protecting pages. But the passwords for the users are not saving.

I have added a user by downloading the database as well as through the administrator tool. Both show the users but when I go into edit them the password field is blank.

When I try to login using the credentials created it redirects to the page I have set up for a bad username/password.

I have tried multiple passwords. Even 1234 to make sure it wasn't being mistyped. Suggestions?
kirbykirk

Re: Passwords are not saving

Post by kirbykirk »

OK. Still need help but I am able to double check the password inside control panel and file management. It seems like the password is being changed. but for testing purposes I have a simple user name and a password of 1234# changed inside the file.

Now when I try to login I get the following error message:

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /consultantusers.php in /home/paulak5/public_html/consultanteducationlogin.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/paulak5/public_html/consultanteducationlogin.php:11) in /home/paulak5/public_html/consultanteducationlogin.php on line 26

---- Where consultantusers.php is the database name.

Can't seem to get the form to redirect to either the success page or the failure page.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You cannot directly edit the database to change the password, the password is encrypted.
You will need to use the admin tool for this.

The error seems to indicate that there is a syntax error in the file.
It may be read only or in the wrong folder.
kirbykirk

Post by kirbykirk »

Problems Solved.

New Question: The pages are successfully being protected but I have set up links to documents on these pages. For example, I have a link to a pdf document. When that pdf document opens in a new browser it has a url like: www.yourwebsite.com/document.pdf.

This Url can be copied and pasted into a new browser that is not logged in and successfully accessed. I am assuming that the google (Yahoo, etc) crawlers will find these documents and make them public.

How do I make sure these are also password protected?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Maybe the following will be useful.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 44&t=20970