Client login area in WWB 14

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
Bluesman

Client login area in WWB 14

Post by Bluesman »

Hi guys :D I am about to build a client area for one of my customers. For the first time I have decided to use the tools in WWB rather than using a extension. I will be very happy if some one experienced in this field can advice me (point in the right direction).

What I shall do:
My customer (admin) shall be able to set up client accounts where each customer shall be able to login and upload documents that are restricted for just that customer. The accounts (customer pages) shall be similar but they shall have their own protected space. The client shall only be able to download/print the documents that shall be sorted in year areas/lists.

The admin (my client) shall be able to set up clients with usernames and passwords, set up year areas/lists and upload the documents (pdf) to them.
And would be very handy if the admin can manage all the customer pages from the same admin login.

The advice I wish from start is... if I shall use the the tools from "Login" section or from the "Content Management System"?

I have looked at some tutorials and can't find any that point me in the right direction for making this. :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Re: Client login area in WWB 14

Post by Pablo »

You can create a restricted areas for users, but the restricted upload/download section is not party of the standard tools. So that will require custom code.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Hey Bluesman,

If you ever figure out how to do it, I would be interested in how you did it.

As Pablo stated, I would think it would require a bit of programming for this to work.

I'm not of much help in this but I've found this script which may be what you are looking for. I've used several of their scripts.

https://www.phpjabbers.com/file-sharing-script/
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Thanks Pablo and Crispy… Crispy, I will look into that script. Maybe I have to do it the hard way this time. One page for each company to manage... :D
I have 2 weeks to figure out and produce. I will write if something better comes up.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

crispy68 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 am Hey Bluesman,

If you ever figure out how to do it, I would be interested in how you did it.

As Pablo stated, I would think it would require a bit of programming for this to work.

I'm not of much help in this but I've found this script which may be what you are looking for. I've used several of their scripts.

https://www.phpjabbers.com/file-sharing-script/
Hi again Crispy. I have looked at the script you suggested, though it is not supporting the functions I neaded... (just for the client/user to download and for the admin to upload). I have communicated with the "phpjabbers" and asked them if they have something more suitable… so we will see.
But for the WWB consern... What do you or anyone else think is the best option to continue with? The Login tools or the CMS tools??
"Make My Day"

See my Website