Before and After converting a signup form to standard form: a little tutorial

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
Aris

Before and After converting a signup form to standard form: a little tutorial

Post by Aris »

Hi.

I know that: "after I have converted the signup form to a standard form I cannot use the built-in form processor.
The 'convert to form' option creates a dedicated HTML object with the custom code for the signup form.
So any changes have to made there." This is for me a BASIC RULE, because I am not an advanced user

Let me present my questions.

I have a MySQL database (I give to you this information, because I think that probably be helpful for my questions).

1. In order to receive the visitors of my site a verification email, is it enough (before convert to standard form) to choose Email verification in Signup form > Account activation?
Please take in to consideration that in the same form I have choose links to Destination Page and Verificated Page.

2. After converting the signup to a standard form may I make changes to the properties of the editboxes?
For example:
2.1. Editbox > fullname > validate > Data length .... May I click the option "Data required"?
2.2. If your answer is YES, I must specify the "Minimum" and the "Maximum", OR I may left them blank?

2.3. Based on your answer to 2.1 and 2.2, may I do the same for the Editboxes "Username" and "Email"?

2.4. In Editbox "confirmpassword" > Validate > Match, I must choose "password or I may left it blank?

Here I violate my BASIC RULE.
3. After converting Signup to standard form, I double clicked on the layout grid in which I have put the Signup standard form: Layout grid > Form > Settings > Form Processing > Use build-in form processor script > here I made a link to "Success page" which (as I see) is the same as "Destination page".

Also, I wrote my email address in the "Email address" .

Are all the 3 a wrong choices?
Do you believe that I violate my "BASIC RULE"?
I must delete all of these?

Thank you for your passion.
Pablo

Re: Before and After converting a signup form to standard form: a little tutorial

Post by Pablo »

1. In order to receive the visitors of my site a verification email, is it enough (before convert to standard form) to choose Email verification in Signup form > Account activation?
Yes, all selected properties will be converted to the code.
2. After converting the signup to a standard form may I make changes to the properties of the editboxes?
Yes
3. After converting Signup to standard form, I double clicked on the layout grid in which I have put the Signup standard form: Layout grid > Form > Settings > Form Processing > Use build-in form processor script > here I made a link to "Success page" which (as I see) is the same as "Destination page".
This is not correct. The built-in form processor should be OFF.
Aris

Re: Before and After converting a signup form to standard form: a little tutorial

Post by Aris »

Pablo, thank you!

You are very helpful.

Aris
Jorus

Post by Jorus »

I know that: "after I have converted the signup form to a standard form I cannot use the built-in form processor.
Is that true?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Is that true?
Yes, because the signup form has its own processing script.