Logging In

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
flyrc

Logging In

Post by flyrc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 am

We have a portion of the website that users get authenticated to get to using the Login Form against a SQL Database. We have had a few users who could not log in after using their log in for some time. Is there anyway their password could change automatically in the MySQL database. I do give users a way to change their password on the web site. When this happens I normally delete the user and add them back with the password they were originally using as I keep a record of them. When I compare the new encrypted password in MySQL to the old password in MySQL that wasn't working they are different. Any thoughts?

Pablo

Re: Logging In

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:52 am

The password will not automatically change in the database.

How do you keep track of the password?
Note that the passwords in the database are encoded/hashed. So you cannot copy the hashed value and re-enter it later.

flyrc

Re: Logging In

Post by flyrc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 pm

When someone signs up for our member's only area I have it send the owner of the website an email with their user info and the password they chose. He has to make their account active but first he checks that they are part of his email blast list that he puts out each day which is a requirement for the user only section.

It appears that when the password is encrypted if they use the same password it is encrypted the same each time according to what I see in the MySQL database. But I do know you cannot copy the encrypted that you see there into the password field.