Login object data file

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
alex4orly

Login object data file

Post by alex4orly »

I am trying to use the Login Object and the Edit Profile object and point both to the same flat file.

The problem I have that the Loin details remain with the same information as was created initially, but when a member logs into the Edit profile page, the script inserts a new record into the flat file - userdb.php instead of updating the original record.

I thought the whole idea of a member updating their record - is exactly that - to update it?
Otherwise - what is the point of this object?

Any ideas?

Cheers
maxime

Re: Login object data file

Post by maxime »

I thought the whole idea of a member updating their record - is exactly that - to update it
yes the purpose of the Update profil object is to update the database not to add.

Maybe you have made some change at the script and then you change the behavior of the script !

can we see an exemple of login ? when we log we go to another page to update the profil ? And on the update profil we can seel all the details of the user who as log or you see nothing ?
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

maxime wrote:
I thought the whole idea of a member updating their record - is exactly that - to update it
yes the purpose of the Update profil object is to update the database not to add.

Maybe you have made some change at the script and then you change the behavior of the script !

can we see an exemple of login ? when we log we go to another page to update the profil ? And on the update profil we can seel all the details of the user who as log or you see nothing ?
Yes - please visit : http://www.nmaa-rc.org.au/
On the top right hand side is Members Login. Use 61178 / 61178 fir MAAA / Password
On the form you see my details, then click on the left bottom - Update my profile to see the Edit form

Cheers
maxime

Post by maxime »

login do not work

what kind of password is that 61178 fir MAAA

usually we do not use space in a password !
PLease do not give your login and password change your password immediatly.

Create instead a new fake user and a new password and fake details.

ok i have connect to your site. You have made some modification to the update profile object because i see there is more field, did you do it manually i mean you have convert to a form and then make some change in it ?

i did not see your php code but i already know that your update profile is wrong, look at the field in the update field the info are not the same of the other page just before. Are you retrieving the info on the edit profile from the same database . How did you create it ?

i see that you have also an admin page , did you create the database with the admin object ? are the name of the field the same in each object ? the database is the same for each object ?
on the second page after the login Annual Subscription Renewal For name of the field are not the same for the update field.

need to see what you have done with those 3 page: the login, Annual Subscription Renewal page and finally the update profil page. I do not need your database

the admin page is it to manage the membership or it is for a cms ? if it is for managing the membership then i need to see this page also.

i repeat i do not need the database

After receiving those page ( you can create WWB project with only those page see the import page option) then i will make on my server a demo with the exact field you need.
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

maxime wrote:login do not work

what kind of password is that 61178 fir MAAA

usually we do not use space in a password !
PLease do not give your login and password change your password immediatly.

Create instead a new fake user and a new password and fake details.

ok i have connect to your site. You have made some modification to the update profile object because i see there is more field, did you do it manually i mean you have convert to a form and then make some change in it ?

i did not see your php code but i already know that your update profile is wrong, look at the field in the update field the info are not the same of the other page just before. Are you retrieving the info on the edit profile from the same database . How did you create it ?

i see that you have also an admin page , did you create the database with the admin object ? are the name of the field the same in each object ? the database is the same for each object ?
on the second page after the login Annual Subscription Renewal For name of the field are not the same for the update field.

need to see what you have done with those 3 page: the login, Annual Subscription Renewal page and finally the update profil page. I do not need your database

the admin page is it to manage the membership or it is for a cms ? if it is for managing the membership then i need to see this page also.

i repeat i do not need the database

After receiving those page ( you can create WWB project with only those page see the import page option) then i will make on my server a demo with the exact field you need.
OK, I Sorted this out - the problem was the extra field labelled $code on the list() loading function which I removed thinking - what is that?
It is all working fine now, thanks for your help again

Cheers