Automating the process of creating pages for every new user

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:40 pm

Well, a simple way to create a user specific page from a template page would be to use file_get_contents() , which reads the page code, and then use str_replace () to replace a specific text (i.e. ##username##) with the value of $username, then write the entire code using the $newpage.

However, this is meaningless: what i mean is that if the pages are to be the same, why should one redirect each user to his own page ?
If, instead, the pages are different, then actually there is a meaning in using separate pages for each user, but this method is not applicable anymore.

In my professional scripts I do use only 1 page, but the page content is dynamically retrieved from the info that is stored either in a database or in a file, so actually each user sees content that is related to him only.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Oshunweb

Re:

Post by Oshunweb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 am

Navaldesign wrote:Well, a simple way to create a user specific page from a template page would be to use file_get_contents() , which reads the page code, and then use str_replace () to replace a specific text (i.e. ##username##) with the value of $username, then write the entire code using the $newpage.

However, this is meaningless: what i mean is that if the pages are to be the same, why should one redirect each user to his own page ?
If, instead, the pages are different, then actually there is a meaning in using separate pages for each user, but this method is not applicable anymore.

In my professional scripts I do use only 1 page, but the page content is dynamically retrieved from the info that is stored either in a database or in a file, so actually each user sees content that is related to him only.
Hi Navaldesign,
I am quite happy you guys are discussing this. I was about starting a forum to explain creating a dynamic page per user like you'd have in a social network or online banking site etc. when I came across this.

Can you kindly explain here as you said "In my professional scripts I do use only 1 page, but the page content is dynamically retrieved from the info that is stored either in a database or in a file, so actually each user sees content that is related to him only."

This will be most appreciated.

Regards,

Alex.
Web: http://www.tenddeapact.com - SEO - Digital Marketing - Web design
Web: https://www.surejobz.com - Online Freelance Job Portal (No Bidding)
Yahoo IM: oshunalex
MSN: oshunalex@yahoo.com

Navaldesign

Re: Automating the process of creating pages for every new u

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 am

I use a template that contains PHP code that uses variables like $username, $firstname, $lastname, etc.

When the page is displayed, these get the actual values for the specific user that come from the database.

To build such a page you need to have extended kowledge of PHP and MySQL.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kfi4all

Post by kfi4all » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:19 am

Greetings dear Navaldesign
I have read your post on creating an automated new user page for every registered user wanting to access their own page, and this is my challenge right now.
I have an average knowledge of mysql database and forms; please, will you kindly give me a tutorial on this subject, and provide demo download to ease my burden?

Thanks a million!
regards,
kfi4all!

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm sorry, I don't have a template.

However this post is very old. You can simply use the DBTS login extensions, and create the template as explained above,
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kfi4all

Post by kfi4all » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks for your response.
I will give it a trial. If there is any help i may need, i will let you know.

Thanks so vary much.
regards,
kfi4all!