Responsive bullet extension - free

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
crispy68

Responsive bullet extension - free

Post by crispy68 »

Description
Create a bulleted list that is responsive in breakpoints

Download Package
Includes extension, .pdf instructions, original extension project file & bitmap image. Any savvy extension maker out there that can improve the extension is welcome to. This is my first real attempt at an extension and hopefully somebody else finds it useful.

It is free of charge and provided 'as is'. No 3rd party script/code was used.

Download here: http://www.wizbangwebdesign.com/demo/ex ... Bullet.zip
Last edited by crispy68 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Re: Responsive bullet extension - free

Post by BaconFries »

@crispy68 Thanks for this. Now it needs to be asked is the code/script used your own? If not then please post provide a URL to the original script/author showing any term's of it use such is it a MIT license etc. Also please read the forum rules regarding this before posting.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@bacon, yes the code is my own. No 3rd party script/code was used and I did read the forum rules before posting.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Nice one Ron. A very useful tool. Well done.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Good one Ron - thanks for the free share 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@crispy68

Thanks for the great extension...

The only thing that would enhance this further, would be the ability to make the bullet list 'clickable'. I have a web page where a list of PDF documents are stored in Archives, and it would be a great feature to display this document list, and be able to click to download, or view, these documents.

Any chance you might be considering enhancements?

Thanks!!
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@MGD4me,

Are you wanting the entire bullet point text to be clickable or just a portion of the text to be clickable? Initially my thoughts is it will be easier to make all of the text clickable versus the other.

I could certainly look into seeing what I could do although I don't have a time frame I could give you. Possibly within the next week or two. :wink: Send me your email and I will send you a copy for testing! you can email me at ron at wizbangwebdesign dot com
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@crispy68

Wow... very quick response !!

I am the webmaster for a small non-profit hobby club. We keep a number of reference documents on-line in PDF format, which a member can download whenever needed.

My hope, was to create a short bullet list of Titles, or Topics, so that a member could click on any one item individually, and view that document. Something like:

* Member List
* Policies
* Upcoming Events

Okay, so I just made up those topics, but it is an example of the style I think I was hoping for. Any underlined topic could be clicked on to retrieve it's corresponding document. Similar to creating a link while writing an email. The 'link' could be either a file on the host server, or to an external URL. I don't need the URL option myself.

Hopefully I've described my thoughts well enough to be decoded!!

Thanks for listening...
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@MGD4me,

I actually had some time today and believe I may have it working. If you send me your email, I will send you a copy to test out. If everything is working, I will post a link here for others to download.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@crispy68...

That would be great!!

I would be more than happy to see what you came up with... (email deleted)

Many thanks.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@crispy68

I'm delighted to say that I've received a test copy of the updated extension, and it works perfectly!!

Many thanks for your continued work, and accepting the challenge.

Norm
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@crispy68

I've now had a few days to use the new and improved extension, and as stated earlier... it works like a champ!

My only observation, and it is noted in the documentation, is that the style of font cannot be changed in the final web page, although it does appear to have an effect in the construction page. I'm finding the font size to be a bit too small, when the published page is viewed in a browser.

Any chance either the font style could 'stick' when changed, or hard-coded to a size of 14, say?

Thanks again!
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@MGD4me,

Thought I had this in the help docs but will double check later today. The font size, color, etc. is controlled using the style manager. Simply create a style in the style manager using the 'class' name in the extension (default = 'bullet') and adjust your settings in the style manager. This will allow you to have different size text in breakpoints.
My only observation, and it is noted in the documentation, is that the style of font cannot be changed in the final web page, although it does appear to have an effect in the construction page.
Within the extension you can change the size, font, color, etc. so you can visually see, during construction, what it will look like when published. This doesn't affect the final published page...the style in the style manager does. I know it's sorta an odd workaround but it does work.

Unfortunately, within the ext. builder, I don't see a way of controlling different size fonts in breakpoints within the extension itself so it uses the style manager for this. Ultimately, I would love to be able to control the size, color, font, etc. within the extension itself for each breakpoint.

Anyone that wants to improve it is welcome. Just email me. :D
gtripodi

Post by gtripodi »

Does anyone have a copy of this extension that you can send to me? I need it to open a project
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

you can get it for Free from Crispys site here, note if this was a paid extesion you should not be asking for people to send it to you however in this case its free.

https://www.webbuildertemplates.com/web ... on-20.html

Graham