jor_magnificManipulation 1.0

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
kris33

Re: jor_magnificManipulation 1.0

Post by kris33 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Bonjour,

Je ne sais pas ou poser ma question alors j'essaye ici puisque ça parle des extensions Jor.
Je viens de découvrir ces extensions très pratiques, j'en ai téléchargé quelques unes comme jor_fonteffect mais ça ne fonctionne pas. Est ce que ces extensions sont compatibles avec la version 14 de wysiwyg web builder?

Merci d'avance

Hello,

I do not know or ask my question so I'm trying here since it's about Jor extensions.
I just discovered these extensions very practical, I downloaded some like jor_fonteffect but it does not work. Are these extensions compatible with version 14 of wysiwyg web builder?

thank you in advance

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 pm

@kris33 This is the incorrect place to ask please repost all questions at the following
jor_fonteffect 3.0

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:09 am

Hi Jordon,
Have been trying to tidy up how the magnific popups appear in mobile phones. Have made some progress in that by using this code in settings:

Code: Select all

fixedBgPos:true,
fixedContentPos:true
The overlay, iframe and contents now centre and cover the whole screen whereas before they covered only part of the screen.
My remaining problem is the iframe itself. On desktop it appears per its sizing of 950 x 600 but on mobiles the frame is squished in landscape mode and the image inside is reduced in size to stay within the frame.
Can you suggest a way around this that we could incorporate into your extension? I was thinking something like a media query that dealt with the height in landscape mode.
An example is here:
https://www.whiteshepherdsnz.com/memtzarPuppies.html
If you click on the Dam or Sire buttons.
Regards
Roger

jordan

Post by jordan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:34 pm

rogerl wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:09 am
Hi Jordon,
Have been trying to tidy up how the magnific popups appear in mobile phones. Have made some progress in that by using this code in settings:

The overlay, iframe and contents now centre and cover the whole screen whereas before they covered only part of the screen.
My remaining problem is the iframe itself. On desktop it appears per its sizing of 950 x 600 but on mobiles the frame is squished in landscape mode and the image inside is reduced in size to stay within the frame.
Can you suggest a way around this that we could incorporate into your extension? I was thinking something like a media query that dealt with the height in landscape mode.
An example is here:
If you click on the Dam or Sire buttons.
Regards
Roger
hi roger1,

sorr-aye for a late reaction, I did not get a mail notification for this quest?:\

I don't see/understand the problem ?
you say the content (image) of the iframe is reduced in size ?
I have never seen content automatically resize inside an iframe (except a background image)
if the content is not RWD then an iframe will create scrollbars containing it's content (if enabled)
so, I don't understand your query ???

NOTE:
note that I have not been building any web site for more then a year now
a year not web building can be a life span change, I am very rusty on code :roll:

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 am

Hi Jordon,
I gather there are a couple of problems with iframes and mobile OS.
1 - don't like "fixed"
2 - presentation of iframe gets distorted and needs scaling. Something to do with height and our phones and being able to switch dimensions from portrait to landscape.
Since posting last I came across some more code which works quite well in that it retains desktop appearance and tidies up the mobile appearance. So removed width & height settings from lightbox selection and added this code to page html under Head tag:

<style>
.mfp-iframe-holder .mfp-content {
line-height: 0;
width: 100%;
max-width: 850px;
max-height: 680px;
}

.mfp-iframe-scaler {
width: 100%;
height: 0px;
padding-bottom: 75%;
}
</style>
There is quite a lot of discussion on Google and Magnific sites on the subject. I came across this in a reply from the originator of the software.
I'm still not sure I've got it right yet and there looks to be duplication of stuff already covered in your extension ( i.e. max-width, max height).
I have amended the code in the url given above so you can see the difference now.
One thing I noticed is that Chrome doesn't handle the embedded border well while Firefox has no problem. Haven't checked it out on apple yet. (My future Daughter in law has disappeared to USA with both her Apple Mobiles for a week or so. The only time you want or need an Apple and there not available!)
Regards
Roger

jordan

Post by jordan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm

rogerl wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 am
(My future Daughter in law has disappeared to USA with both her Apple Mobiles for a week or so. The only time you want or need an Apple and there not available!)
:lol:

I don't have access to an ios either so it's hard for me to test anything
I actually still don't know what the problem is that you have, cause I don't see it

all I can do, maybe, is create a customized version of jor_magnificManipulation
IF - you can tell me what to add - (as YOU tested)

nothing more I can do :roll:

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:40 am

I do most of my testing for mobiles using Chrome on my android (Samsung) as Chrome is the most fussy along with Apple. Firefox never seems to give much trouble.
Have a look at this page on mobile (chrome):
https://www.whiteshepherdsnz.com/mwsPuppies.html
When you click on the Dam & Sire buttons you will see the frame is pretty good in portrait but in landscape its squished out horizontally and the contents have to scroll. Also positioning in viewport not correct.
Now have a look at:
Here I have added the changes outlined above, positioning is sorted and recover the proportionality in Landscape but somehow I have managed to knock out the embedded border. This same url in Firefox and the border is ok.
This is what I'm trying to sort out.
Regards
Roger

jordan

Post by jordan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 pm

hi rogerl,

aah ok, now I see your problem, thanks for the demo's ...

but, jor_magnificManipulation AFAICS already solves that problem !?
here is my easystart project online - jor_magnificManipulation DEMO
you can see jor_magnificManipulation already scales/positions the overlay full into place

I don't know how you have setup jor_magnificManipulation
take a look at my DEMO project in the download and see what happens when you match those settings
- look at the GLOBAL and Group SCALE options

- on your page I see you have set the Global scale "max-width/height" option in the extension to 680/850
- try setting both settings to - DEFAULT

does that solve the problem ?

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:32 am

If my link settings are:
Then my centring issues are fixed. No amount of playing with your extension could solve this for me.
If I set the global scaling to default I then got a pretty good presentation with a little scrolling. If I set anything other than default then the old presentation issues surfaced:
https://www.whiteshepherdsnz.com/mwsPuppies.html
Also with this fix the desktop version now has a scroll bar

jordan

Post by jordan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 am

hi rogerl,

if you want me to help with jor_magnificManipulation then please first remove your custom code
I don't know what that code is doing, - it might work against jor_magnificManipualtion working correct !

and again I don't understand the problem now :|
because when I look at your last demo (scale set to default) it displays correct for me now
- the whole screen is covered (overlay/lightbox)
- the content of the iframe is in overflow so it creates scrollbars, which is correct behaviour

then what is the problem ?

ie.
if the height is the problem, then increase the global scale height in jor_magnificManipulation
set it to ? - 2000 or whatever height you want

does that solve the problem ?

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:02 am

Per your suggestion, have made global height 700
This fixed the desktop version but now the mobile version in landscape is squished.:

jordan

Post by jordan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am

rogerl wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:02 am
Per your suggestion, have made global height 700
This fixed the desktop version but now the mobile version in landscape is squished.:
sorry, I do not understand what you mean by squished
I don't see anything out of they ordinary, landscape nor portrait ?
to me it displays just fine :?: - can you maybe post an image of what you see as squished?

note:
please remove custom code if you want me to help you with a problem you experience with my extensions!

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am

I'll send something to my test site soon. in meantime here is link to screenshot of squished iframe:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pz7ygn
You'll need to scroll down a bit to see it as pdf created large page.

rogerl

Post by rogerl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 am

OK I have taken out all my extras i.e. embedded border, placement of close button, height, width, max-width, max-height, opacity and overlay colour, also the code to rectify"fixed" position of overlay and iframe. I have left the callback code you did for me.
https://www.whiteshepherdsnz.com/NewSit ... ppies.html

jordan

Post by jordan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:18 am

rogerl wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am
I'll send something to my test site soon. in meantime here is link to screenshot of squished iframe:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pz7ygn
You'll need to scroll down a bit to see it as pdf created large page.
pfff, that is not how it displays for me ?!
there are so many strange things I see in that image
not only the lightbox height is strangely cut, but it's iframe content width is cut in half ????
how does an image automatically gets cut in half, that's not squished, that's magic:/

it will be hard for me to find a solution for this if I can't see/test it myself:\

btw is that pdf image taken in landscape, that looks like portrait to me ?

- (no guts no glory try)
can you take another image of the page, now without your custom code
- 1 x landscape and 1 x portrait
- also set the Global scale height in jor_magnificManipulation to 700 as you did before
just to be sure the same occurs without it