jor_gridRip 3.0

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
BaconFries

Re: jor_gridRip 2.0__**NEW**__3.0 EXTENDED

Post by BaconFries » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Great to see you can still take the time to put extensions out. Have a great Christmas jordan.

giula

Post by giula » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:39 am

Hello Jordan, congratulations on all your accomplishments! I am especially fascinated by the mousewheel scroll smoothness that you're able to get many of your pages, for example www.jorextensions.com/extensions.
How can we achieve this effect? Thank you very much

jordan

Post by jordan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

giula wrote:Hello Jordan, congratulations on all your accomplishments! I am especially fascinated by the mousewheel scroll smoothness that you're able to get many of your pages, for example http://www.jorextensions.com/extensions.
How can we achieve this effect? Thank you very much
hi giula,

great to hear you like:)

that is done with my - JMPv3.0
this momentum scroll function however is not documented - you can not find it in my JMPv3.0 online manual - :wink: .
I created the function but never completely finished it - (still needs improved integration with some other JMP modules)
the function itself works fine tho, I use it myself all the time, it just needs tweaking

you can easily enable the function ... steps ...

1. add JMPv3.0 (=jor_aniMateTEMPLATE) to your project
2. open - EASY TOOLS > easy tools | javascript | after
3. inside add - jormomentum();
4. close - done!

additionally you can pass 2 parameters - jormomentum(speed,easing) - exmp: jormomentum(2000,'easeOutBack')
(recommended: use default setting)

crunch crunch crunch [pacman] ding - "congratulations you unlocked a hidden egg" - :mrgreen: .

NOTE: this function is not official released and may be changed/removed/etc in the future !

giula

Post by giula » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Done! Simple and easy! You're a magician! I think one nice scrolling like this much values ​​the parallax effect. Many thanks

jordan

Post by jordan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 pm

giula wrote:Done! Simple and easy! You're a magician! I think one nice scrolling like this much values ​​the parallax effect. Many thanks
goOd it works!:)
yup, exactly why I wrote it, without it you might as well not parallax:/

pajadt

Question for jordan if see this post :D

Post by pajadt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi Jordan
I rebuild web site from verion 10 to version 11,
and i used your great extension jor_gridRip 1.0, and work perfect, but where is problem,
when open website first time he show grid which i use, in extesion, which disappears after a half-second, maybe 1 sec, but he visible when open website first time, second time is all OK. Is any way or idea how to solve this. If not, no problem but it be much nicer when open web, specailly if have contrast in color as i have in this web / black - white /.
here is web
http://boutiquedellafotografia.it/chi_sono.html

jordan

Re: Question for jordan if see this post :D

Post by jordan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 am

pajadt wrote:Hi Jordan
I rebuild web site from verion 10 to version 11,
and i used your great extension jor_gridRip 1.0, and work perfect, but where is problem,
when open website first time he show grid which i use, in extesion, which disappears after a half-second, maybe 1 sec, but he visible when open website first time, second time is all OK. Is any way or idea how to solve this. If not, no problem but it be much nicer when open web, specailly if have contrast in color as i have in this web / black - white /.
here is web
http://boutiquedellafotografia.it/chi_sono.html
hi pajadt,

I can't see a 0.5-1s delay on your site for jor_gridRip to set in, that would be very long ?

some browsers may display a blink (0.1s?-a millisecond) before the script sets in, yes - (varies by browser)
it also varies on whether you have enabled - Move Javascript to the end of the page - (I see you have enabled)
this function is also the reason I can not create a solid fix for that
if script is placed in the <HEAD> it executes before page render - (fix is possible)
if script is placed in the <BODY/end> it executes after page render - (fix is not possible)

so an all in all fix I can not give, just a - disable - Move Javascript to the end of the page

- would be great if WB would permit script to be placed at the head or bottom manual:)

pajadt

Post by pajadt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Thank u Friend :D

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi Jordan,

I downloaded your extension and loaded the sample provide but when I try to preview, nothing is working. The hidden panels are not hidden. I can't figure out why its not working. I've tried changing settings but nothing seems to work.

This is how it looks:

Any ideas?

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 am

UPDATE:

I happened to go back thru all the posts and found a small post about having a .js folder set up and to remove it. When I did this, it is now working.

I really like having a .js folder. Is there any workaround for this?

jordan

Post by jordan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:25 pm

crispy68 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 am
I really like having a .js folder. Is there any workaround for this?
hi crispy68,

not a clean workaround, no
- you can do it manual by copy/paste the jor_gridRip folder into your .js folder - (important: copy don't move)
- or automatic by using WB File Publisher to do that for you - (important: File Publisher must be last to publish - ie. create a last page)
you can try these options to see if that fits your needs, other then that, nope nothing I can do:\

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Jordan,

Copying it into the .js folder worked perfect.

The extension is awesome.

I do have one additional question. I'm currently have image links for larger layouts set up to open the layout grids and it works perfect. However, when the site gets to a certain point, I switch to using the panel menu for mobile. What I would like to do is have the text link within the panel menu trigger the grids just like the image links do.

I see there are 2 triggers. I used trigger 1 for the image links (ex: trigger1). I gave a different id for trigger 2 (ex: trigger2) within the extension. Since the panel menu creates links using <ul> I tried manually adding the id to the <li> in the code but nothing is happening. If I assign anything else on the page this unique id seems to work.

For example, if the panel menu code looks like this, I simply added the id:

<ul class="sub-menu">
<li><a href="#">Link 1</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Link 2</a></li>
<li id="trigger2"><a href="#">Link 3</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Link 4</a></li>
</ul>

Any thoughts on how to get the text link in the panel menu to fire?

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:30 am

UPDATE:

In messing with it, I found out you need to add the 'wb_' to the id to make it work.

So the ID would be: wb_trigger2

Hey Jordan, I noticed that Trigger 2 toggle can be disabled. How exactly would I accomplish this? I read the instructions but still a bit confused. Does this make it act just like Trigger1 with toggle set to false?

jordan

Post by jordan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:12 pm

crispy68 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:30 am
UPDATE:

In messing with it, I found out you need to add the 'wb_' to the id to make it work.

So the ID would be: wb_trigger2

Hey Jordan, I noticed that Trigger 2 toggle can be disabled. How exactly would I accomplish this? I read the instructions but still a bit confused. Does this make it act just like Trigger1 with toggle set to false?
hi crispy68,

normally you want to use trigger1 to open and trigger2 to close, that's how I designed it
so, each trigger for a specific task ...

what you want to do instead is trigger multiple links by the "same" trigger
you can do that by using the trigger input as a selector input (by design it will auto switch)
- input trigger1 like this ---- #wb_myFirstTrigger, #wb_mySecondTrigger
now trigger1 will execute on both triggers

---
as far as disabling trigger2 toggle goes, yes it can be disabled
but that is more used in an advanced callback kind of situation
they above is more suited for what you want I think

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:15 pm

What you said I believe is correct.
- input trigger1 like this ---- #wb_myFirstTrigger, #wb_mySecondTrigger
now trigger1 will execute on both triggers
Sorry for the stupidity, but exactly where do I put this? Am I putting this in the extension somewhere and, if so, where exactly?

I tried this but it didn't work.

EntreeBtn is the id of an image to open the grid. I want EntreeBtn2 to be the id associated with the <li> in the panel menu to open the grid as well. Setting EntreeBtn2 as trigger 2 in your extension does work but it allows for the grid to be closed as well (toggled) which I don't want. By your explanation above, I understand why it works this way. So yes, I want to have 2 different links be able to open the same grid.

UPDATE: after messing with it for a while and re-reading what you said, I have figured it out. Using my example, I would type on trigger1 the following: #wb_EntreesBtn,#wb_EntreeBtn2

and once I added the 2nd id to the <li> lines of the panel menu, it is now working.

Thanks Jordan for your help and an excellent extension!