Back Stretch (FREE)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Adendum

Back Stretch (FREE)

Post by Adendum »

A simple extension that makes it easy to add either a single image or a slideshow to the background of a web page AND/OR to add a single image or slideshow to a LAYER or TEXT OBJECT.

Demo

NOTE:
This extension is pretty straight forward and very easy to use however you should make every effort to fully read the help file.
This extension uses images therefore you should learn to optimise your images - read this article.

Have fun!

And no - you cannot have pagination on the slideshow, so don't ask. You get what you get :)
Last edited by Adendum on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
haakoo

Re: Back Stretch (FREE)

Post by haakoo »

Nice one (Again) Paul
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Thanks Haakoo.

There are plenty of page background scripts out there and several WWB extensions that do this (I have one - Background Resize) but I suspect the most useful application of this will be to do something extra with layers and/or text elements.

Maybe a few users can post some examples of it's use here so we can see how they like to use it.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
zinc

Post by zinc »

Well Paul you know my thoughts on this baby, I a few weeks I will be sending you a link to clients site that will use this ext. As you know I don't t post my work on this forum.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Hi Paul
very usefull this one once again....
Thanks
Joe
jordan

Post by jordan »

I thank-a you for the update mail Paul:) . :cool: .
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

No problems when installing through Extension Manager. But are you using WWB9.2?

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Then it will work correctly if you install it correctly.

Try using it on a new project so you can eliminate any jQuery conflict issues.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Currently I cannot have an image as a fixed / repeating texture page background (via WB9 page properties) AND have an image as a layer background (when layer is set to relative horizontal position / sizing and the image is repeating horizontally) and have it render correctly in the default android browser as only the background image shows. Renders fine in all other browsers / devices.

See my question to Pablo here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60223&p=300389#p300389

Does your extension fix this issue? Just curious. Thank you in advance.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Rob,

No idea mate. Install it, stick an image in a test page and see what happens. Should take you about as long as it took me to respond. :)

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

v1.0.0.2 released.

Increased images allowed from 9 to 12.

panaira

Post by panaira »

Great extension, especially the object feature where you can add a slider to a layer, text object etc. Many thanks
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

You need to use the BREAKOUT exetension with BACKSTRETCH to achieve that...if I am understanding your question. Take a look at the Breakout demo page to see if that is what you are trying to do.

mustafa.gramocelji

Post by mustafa.gramocelji »

After some time this extension stop work, I mean script not loop images and not show any image in background. Why this happened ?

Thank you
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

The code must have worn out.

donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

Adendum wrote:The code must have worn out.
Ho! Ho! Ho! - made my day! :D :D :D

Later . . . . . although it IS weird - being rather old (75) and remembering the days of valve heaters failing and resistors burning out, I do have a built-in hesitation to run 'preview' too many times as I have this - silly - feeling that the software WILL wear out. Irrational, I know, but nevertheless . . . . .
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

:)

mustafa.gramocelji

Adendum wrote:The code must have worn out.
And what is solution for this? Please don't say that I every few days ( 15 - 20 days ) need to upload extension again?
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

mustafa.gramocelji wrote:And what is solution for this? Please don't say that I every few days ( 15 - 20 days ) need to upload extension again?
The Backstretch extension has be active on my demo site for almost 18 months and no extension or code is going to wear out or need to re-uploaded ... I was joking! The solution is to look at what changes you have made to the page or website as it is probably one or more changes you have made - by adding another extension somewhere, changing the page settings or something along those lines.

It's not the Backstretch extension it can ony be something you have done to your website or settings, so back track and see what you did.

And to prove that simply make a new project, add Backstretch and set it up like you already have and publish just that page to a folder on your server. It will work for ever.

mustafa.gramocelji

Adendum wrote:
mustafa.gramocelji wrote:And what is solution for this? Please don't say that I every few days ( 15 - 20 days ) need to upload extension again?
The Backstretch extension has be active on my demo site for almost 18 months and no extension or code is going to wear out or need to re-uploaded ... I was joking! The solution is to look at what changes you have made to the page or website as it is probably one or more changes you have made - by adding another extension somewhere, changing the page settings or something along those lines.

It's not the Backstretch extension it can ony be something you have done to your website or settings, so back track and see what you did.

And to prove that simply make a new project, add Backstretch and set it up like you already have and publish just that page to a folder on your server. It will work for ever.
I didn't make any change I was make site with extension all was looks and work normally, that was work idk maybe one month or so and few days ago I wished to show one friend of mine and I found there is no more background and that slideshow not work anymore, extension was work as background slideshow for pages.

So none of any changes or non of any new upload on site or any was do, I am amateur and maybe it is stupid but those any new JAVA update can do change that script not work normally as before?

And how can I sand you project and site so you can see what I was made.

site ---------------------------- http://mujanovici.com.ba/
Last edited by mustafa.gramocelji on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Post the URL of the site or the page with the problem.

mustafa.gramocelji

Adendum wrote:Post the URL of the site or the page with the problem.

site ---------------------------- http://mujanovici.com.ba/
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Easy to see what the problem is...

You are using WWB10 and that uses jQuery 1.11.1 and Backstretch was built 2 years ago and will work with 1.9.2 as that is what was supplied with it. So if it was working a few days ago you were either using WWB9 or a version of WWB 10 that uses an older version of jQuery.

Code: Select all

<link href="mujanmujan.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="index.css" rel="stylesheet">
<script src="jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script src="wb.rotate.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/jquery.backstretch.js"></script><script src="wwb10.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function()
{
$.backstretch(["images/landscape.jpg","images/382140-svetik.jpg","images/Milk-splash-blue.jpg","images/mlijeko_krava_pasnjak.jpg","images/slika-jagnjeta-sa-majkom-na-travi.jpg"], {centeredX: true, centeredY: true, fade: 2500, duration: 5000});
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
All the extensions I produced are WWB 9, or 8 or 7. There are none that were built and tested to work with WWB 10.

mustafa.gramocelji

Adendum wrote:Easy to see what the problem is...

You are using WWB10 and that uses jQuery 1.11.1 and Backstretch was built 2 years ago and will work with 1.9.2 as that is what was supplied with it. So if it was working a few days ago you were either using WWB9 or a version of WWB 10 that uses an older version of jQuery.

Code: Select all

<link href="mujanmujan.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="index.css" rel="stylesheet">
<script src="jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script src="wb.rotate.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/jquery.backstretch.js"></script><script src="wwb10.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function()
{
$.backstretch(["images/landscape.jpg","images/382140-svetik.jpg","images/Milk-splash-blue.jpg","images/mlijeko_krava_pasnjak.jpg","images/slika-jagnjeta-sa-majkom-na-travi.jpg"], {centeredX: true, centeredY: true, fade: 2500, duration: 5000});

});
</script>
</head>
<body>
All the extensions I produced are WWB 9, or 8 or 7. There are none that were built and tested to work with WWB 10.

Thanks for your time and support, so what is my solution for this?
By the way I have WWB10 since last year and site was made it by WWB10 in all from beginning till the end.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

You are likely to experience similar issues with any extension that is a year old or older. Several of my extensions are 3 or 4 years old and require much older versions of jQuery to work. As programs evolve and develop code changes and some is deprecated (made redundant) and new code introduced. So it is enevitable that trying to mix old and new will result in problems.

I don't know what version of jQuery Backstretch can work with. I believe it was good up to and including 1.8.3 but it does work perfectly well with 1.9.2 as that is the last version WWB9 was using at the time I last updated the demo site. I can only summise that WWB 10 shipped with a version of jQuery that allowed Backstretch to work but as WWB10 has been updated the jQuery version has probably increased. So what did work in WWB10 wont work now.

Time to look for an alternative WWB 10 compatible background extension or change the design of the site to use a static background image (no extension required) or plain colour (no extension required) and then adopt a different slideshow extension - start with using the WWB supplied slideshow options. The less extensions you use the less you expose yourself to risks like this.

mustafa.gramocelji

Adendum wrote:You are likely to experience similar issues with any extension that is a year old or older. Several of my extensions are 3 or 4 years old and require much older versions of jQuery to work. As programs evolve and develop code changes and some is deprecated (made redundant) and new code introduced. So it is enevitable that trying to mix old and new will result in problems.

I don't know what version of jQuery Backstretch can work with. I believe it was good up to and including 1.8.3 but it does work perfectly well with 1.9.2 as that is the last version WWB9 was using at the time I last updated the demo site. I can only summise that WWB 10 shipped with a version of jQuery that allowed Backstretch to work but as WWB10 has been updated the jQuery version has probably increased. So what did work in WWB10 wont work now.

Time to look for an alternative WWB 10 compatible background extension or change the design of the site to use a static background image (no extension required) or plain colour (no extension required) and then adopt a different slideshow extension - start with using the WWB supplied slideshow options. The less extensions you use the less you expose yourself to risks like this.

Thank you very much mate on great support and explanation. And yes I should probably change design again, anyway thank you a lot for time.
Best regards :)
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Adendum wrote: This extension uses images therefore you should learn to optimise your images - read this article.[/b][/color]
Thanx, great instruction Abendum on optimising images. I've already tested couple of image resizers and compressors both online and computer based software. However, Google advises against placing too many key words (eg. bucket) in Alt="" descriptions. But it's hard to avoid them when you sell buckets for instance. :)
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Adendum wrote: This extension uses images therefore you should learn to optimise your images - read this article.[/b][/color]
Thanx, great instruction Abendum on optimising images. I've already tested couple of image resizers and compressors both online and computer based software. However, Google advises against placing too many key words (eg. bucket) in Alt="" descriptions. But it's hard to avoid them when you sell buckets for instance. :)

It's a good practice to enable gzip or zlib compression on your server if you are allowed to and add .htaccess file in a website folder. It truly helps to get a better Google Page Speed Insight, Yahoo YSLow - 12-13 points. Great source to check your page score and find possibe improvements:
http://gtmetrix.com/enable-gzip-compression.html