CMS Menu standalone - 17/09/2013

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
supersonictt

CMS Menu standalone - 17/09/2013

Post by supersonictt »

CMS Menu standalone
With this extension, you can place a CMS Menu "Clone" to a page that doesn't contain the CMS View object.
The code is taken from the generated code of the built-in CMS Menu object and the database connect code of the CMS View object.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?uz4065ty67gnq6a

Installation
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you install the extension manually through the Extension Manager. This will make sure that the help file will be available when you click "Help" in the extension properties as there is one category in the extension requires reading this help file.

Notes
1. The page where you add the extension to MUST have php extension.
2. The extension MUST have the same width, height and position of the built-in CMS Menu object, that is if you want it to look exactly like the built-in CMS Menu.

Extension properties
Most of them are straight forward. You must read the help file to properly setup the "Menu style" section.

Enjoy :)
supersonictt

Re: CMS Menu standalone - 17/09/2013

Post by supersonictt »

Am building a site with this extension, should be published in a few days.
I will also provide some sample projects on how this extension can be used on pages that do not contain the CMS View object. Will do that in a couple of days :)
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Do you have any samples of this yet?

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

jeff11214 wrote:Do you have any samples of this yet?

Yes, have a look at http://www.ibstable.com
The menu in the home page is this very extension, in the inner pages the menu is the build-in CMS menu.
Cheers ;)
electrochrisso

Post by electrochrisso »

supersonictt wrote:

The menu in the home page is this very extension, in the inner pages the menu is the build-in CMS menu.
Cheers ;)
It might be a good idea to reduce the file size of your photos, WB does not re-sample image sizes, this must be done manually, when I looked at the About page the picture was small but the page load was huge, there are still a lot of people who have slow web services, and the other pictures did not load at all, probably because my service can be too slow at times.
Otherwise your site looks quite good. :)
WYSIWYG THE GREATEST Web Builder EVER
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

electrochrisso wrote:
supersonictt wrote:

Cheers ;)
It might be a good idea to reduce the file size of your photos, WB does not re-sample image sizes, this must be done manually, when I looked at the About page the picture was small but the page load was huge, there are still a lot of people who have slow web services, and the other pictures did not load at all, probably because my service can be too slow at times.
Otherwise your site looks quite good. :)
Thanks for your comment.
I know about the image size, but as you can see, it is a CMS site I made for a friend of mine, he is not so familiar with images sizes and so, and I didn't have the time to explain all these little details to him, but yes of course, images must be reduced by him with another software.
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

supersonictt wrote:Am building a site with this extension, should be published in a few days.
I will also provide some sample projects on how this extension can be used on pages that do not contain the CMS View object. Will do that in a couple of days :)
Awesome work! Can you also provide some sample projects?

Thanks
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

jeff11214 wrote:
supersonictt wrote:Am building a site with this extension, should be published in a few days.
Awesome work! Can you also provide some sample projects?

Thanks
Sample projects won't be useful as you won't see the project in the preview mode because it should be published to a server with PHP and MySQL, plus you need to modify the details of the database.
In the site I mentioned in my previous post, the home page is a normal page (php) with this extension in it. The other pages (About us, ...) are all CMS built with the usual CMS tools.
adex1

Post by adex1 »

supersonictt wrote:

Cheers ;)
Hi,

I am not sure about the import of this extension. You said CMS Menu without CMS View, then how do you view pages created for menu?
Or does this extension create pages on-fly or how does it work?
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
adex1

Post by adex1 »

Has anybody try this extension?
How do you display text without CMS view?
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.