jQuery Slide Show v2***07/10/2013***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Steve D

Re: jQuery Slide Show v2***07/10/2013***

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

I have a website http://www.steve-davison.co.uk that uses the Jquery Slide Show v2 (website built in WB8) on the home page, this all works fine in Firefox and Google Chrome, however, when using Internet Explorer 8 the slide images are shown below the window border - what am I doing wrong ?

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have viewed the page with the extension on and it looks like many of all the images that you have used in the extension have invalid naming. The image naming contains spaces in them, when naming images they must not contain spaces or use any special characters or other non alpha numeric characters. To give you idea to what you can and cant use. anything on your keyboard that is not a picture or symbol.
These ARE alphanumeric: qwertyuiopoasdfghjklzxcvbnm1234567890
These are NOT alphanumeric: !@#$%^&*()_+<>?,./;':" or ☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙

I did also test the extension myself and it works for me tested in IE9/10, saying this I am using WB9 and the latest version of the extension which is only available for WB9 but again this should not make any difference as all files used are the same. Please try renaming your images and try again as not all browsers will display the same and repost here.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

OK, I've been through the images on that page only (I will have to modify the other pages when I can) and all are now web compatible names (hopefully) and uploaded to the web http://www.steve-davison.co.uk/index.html, I also corrected a dual Text ID and Shape ID, however, I still have the same problem when viewing in IE8 or 9, still works in Firefox and Google Chrome.

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Can I ask you to please upload a copy of the extension that you are using, as the current version I have has been updated and does not give me any issues, gaving the version of the extension will allow me to test. thanks

Also I have to ask have you modified any of the css or javascripts manually outside of the program as this have a impact on how the extension works and displays.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

The only modification I did to the css file was change the border width (padding) from 8 to 2, everything else has not been altered - I did try using it without any alteration and the same problem occurs in IE.

I tried attaching the JQuery Slide Show extension (version 1.1.0.1, 12/27/2013) to this post, however, the file was not allowed - how do I upload the extension ?

Many thanks

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can upload the file in a zip file to your server then provide a url for me to download. I only ask so I can check the extension in my copy of WB. Please note I do not recommend that make any changes to any of the files generated by the extension as I cannot offer any assitance on this if it breaks how the extension works. I would also ask that you remove the Noright click script and the Google Analystics code just to ensure that they are not conflicting with the extension.
Example of how to write the url
http://www.steve-davison.co.uk/extensionfile.zip
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

OK the extension file is available from here:http://www.steve.davison.co.uk

I tried removing the 'right click' javascript - still does not work in IE

I did try the JQuery Slide Show with caption extension (V 1.0.0) - this does work in IE8, but does not have the buttons that show the number of slides or where in the series which I think is quite a handy feature on v2.

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Downloaded and installed. Drag&Drop to page open the extensions properties add images (Copies of your images) Preview in IE9/10 extension displays as it should (No code manually modified).
I dont have access to PC with IE8 so cant test. I have also noticed that you are using the following "Emulate IE8" why use this when you are trying to view with IE8?. I would try the following remove the "Emulate IE8" remove extension from page, reinstall extension, add the images and preview. If all is ok then I would publish as is (No modified code). As already mentioned I cannot offer assistance with the extension if you manually modify any of the CSS/javascript yourself as this defeats the purpose of what the extension is for.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Firstly thanks for all your help - I think I'm slowly learning a few things about making a website with WB - regards 'Emulate IE' took me a while to find that, but seems like a WB default value so I left it alone...

However, I noticed that my page HTML was set to 'XHTML 1.0 Transitional' - but when I changed this to 'HTML5' the extension worked perfectly in IE8 without any other modifications, since I know very little about how HTML works I have no idea what the difference is between XHTML 1.0 and HTML5, but since the extension works with HML5 I will change the website over to that (hopefully that is a sensible thing to do)...?

Once again thanks for your help and for making the great extension available.

Best regards

Steve D
pflournoy

Post by pflournoy »

I have always used the Jquery slide show for the past 3-4 versions, including 9. My computer crashed and I lost everything. As a result, I downloaded nine into my new laptop. However, I am searching up and down and can't find version 1 or 2. Please help me not lose my mind. Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@pflournoy I Am sorry but both extensiobns are no longer available to download from the extension manager as I have removed all my extensions from use this was due ti a issue back in may I can only say sorry for any inconvience thisay cause...
pflournoy

Post by pflournoy »

Can I buy the extension from you?