jQuery Slide Show v2***07/10/2013***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***07/10/2013***
Extension has been re-added to the externsion manager. I have added a couple of new of new features to extension that I hope may be useful.
***Update***
Added a new property to allow the border to be shown or hidden as required.
Added a new property that allows more than one extension to be used at the same time. This will allow the use of each extension to have its own set of images.
Example: Extension 1 can use images the size of 800x300, Extension 2 can use images the size of 650x450. (Note you cannot mix image sizes)

jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions ***24/07/13***
jqueryslideshowv2.jpg
***Update****
Extension has been updated with extension builder 4.1.0
Added a CSS frame border to the slideshow content area.
Added variable to allow the cursor to be removed on mouseover image.
Include some extra buttons for you to play around with. if you require more then you can make more with Photoshop yourself.

***Update***
jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions ***21/10/12***
Fixed width and height of the caption body
Fixed "Font Family" hould have read "Font Size"
Added
jQuery Slideshow Caption SlideUp Speed
jQuery Slideshow Caption Slide Down Speed
jQuery Slideshow Image Opacity
jQuery Slideshow First Image Opacity
jQuery Slideshow Image Fade Opacity
jQuery Slideshow Image Animate Opacity
jQuery Slideshow Image Fade Speed
jQuery Slideshow Hide Image Opacity
jQuery Slideshow Hide Image Speed
jQuery Slideshow Arrow Animate Opacity(Visiable)
jQuery Slideshow Arrow Animate Opacity(Hidden)
jQuery Slideshow Arrow Timer

jQuery Photo Slide Show with Captions is a all new version of the original jquery slideshow with captions viewtopic.php?f=42&t=34566 that allows you to insert a selection of images of your choice add a title and description for each image and display in a slide-show with a fade-in fadeout effect at a set interval The extension has been updated to include navigation tabs and pagination menu for user interaction with the slideshow.

Extension Built using Extension Builder 4.1.0

The extension is only available to download via the extension manager for users of WB9.x.x

Please read the enclosed PDF file included with the extension to view open the extension properties and click on Help

Original Author
Kevin Liew
Website
http://www.queness.com/post/1450/jquery ... -revisited
BaconFries

Re: jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions 20/10/12

Post by BaconFries »

jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions ***20/10/12***
madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo »

once again........Excellent work BF! Thanks! this will come in very usefull! :)

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

www.madebyibloo.com - a creative design studio.
haakoo

Post by haakoo »

Looking great,BF

But;

-caption height only works on first image
-caption width doesn't work at all(if one wants a smaller caption)
If you want this to be allways the same as the image width,why not lose the option alltogether?
-as setting you use the text "font family" for font-size.
thought you might look into this.

Hans
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks Hans points duely noted, the height and width in the new version use jquery and css to adjust both of these, as where old script simply just used css. The text agin I have now resolved it was down to me using the old code but using new variable names in the properties...I am also just going to add another couple of effectsonce complete I will re-release. Again thanks... :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thx SUB (Scott)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry the extension/s are only available to registered users of WWB. In the past I gave Support permission to use some of my extensions to be used for Q&E. If he wishes to use/add this to the list in Q&E then he may if he wishes. :-) Other than that they are only available to WWB users from the extdnsion manager. Please note that I cannot offer assistance for use in Q&E as I do not use so any extension is used "ASIS"
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Usual question first, are you using a registered (legal) version of the program?. Do you have the latest version of the program installed?. I have just installed the extension and it works ok for me. See screenshot
extensionjqssv2.gif
Please read the following url regarding extensions that use jQuery as there may me a conflict. In WB9 you can select whether to use 1.9.1 or 1.7.2
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56227
BaconFries

Re: jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions 24/07/13

Post by BaconFries »

Extension Updated
Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio »

Thanks for the update, although there is now the # the slide itself is still clickable and will restart it when you do, but don't want to keep bitchin about it so will use a different slider for my current project nevertheless still find it a awesome slider and will use it for sure in future projects.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi thanks for this, I will make a change later today to this, and reupload.
BaconFries

Re: jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions 21/08/13

Post by BaconFries »

Update jQuery Slide Show v2 with Captions 21/08/13
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

HI Bacon Fries,
I've updated to the latest version of jQuery Slide Show v2 and when I change the size namely width to bigger in fact it remains the same. In a preview it's fine and it fits the size but when uploaded to a server it's getting smaller. What would you advise?

testing domain: http://english4you.zz.mu (it's smaller than set)
main domain: http://english4matura.pl (proper size, earlier version, size ok)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Looking at both urls they are both using the old version of the extension. I can tell this by the files that are used. Another way to tell this is that the latest version of the extension has a frame around the images, in both urls this isnt present and from the css file the code for this isnt missing. Please remove all files previously used that are on the server then use the updated version and see how this looks.
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Ok. I'll follow your advice and remove all file extensions referring to JQuery Slide Show and then intall the latest.
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

I have reinstal the JQuery Slide Show for the latest and in preview the size is fine, but on the server it doesn't fit. What's wrong.

http://english4you.zz.mu/index.html#sth ... YWjbT.dpbs

Thanx
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok this is because there is now a border surrounding the images. The border doesnt display in the design area/mode, it is only when it is pre viewed or after you have uploded to your server that it will display. I can only suggest that you reposition any objects below the slideshow a couple of pixels so that they do not sit ontop of the border as they are now. I will try and add a fix for this so that it will display the order before preview or uploaded.
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Great thanks. Look forward to it. Excellent job BaconFries and useful slider. :D
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Hi BaconFries,

I've notced that the slide show maintains the right size both hight and with in a preview mode. When on a server it comes back to a predifined fixed size.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi if possible please provide a url so that I can view the page with the extension workiong or not. I have tried the extension using images with height of 300 and width of 500 and it seems to display as it is ment. Note that all images must be the same size so if you have some that are say 700x400 and then 500x 300 and yu set the height to 500x300 then it will only display at this height it will not respond in size to the various images sizes used. This has always been the case.
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Hi BaconFries,

I use a size 550 X 350. In preview mode the size fits perfectly but on serever it is reduced and covers some areas it shouldn't be. If It is possible I would also appreciate if you could make an option without a frame. By the way excellent work worth recommendation.

Links:

http://english4you.zz.mu/#sthash.9dDZ6Rc0.dpbs
http://english4you.zz.mu/miejsca_barcel ... I0IEq.dpbs
http://english4you.zz.mu/ludzie_nicolas ... bFF8Q.dpbs
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok I have viewed the pages in question and I have to ask are you using the extension more than once?. If so then this will be the issue, this is because there is only one instance of the css file used in the extension. What this means is there will only be one Height and Width no matter how many times used.

So if on one page you set it to use say 500x300 and then on another you set it to 550x350 the this will override the first. I have also viewed the css file used that is on your server and looking at it the height and width used do not match the size of the images used see the image below.

As you can see the images used are 500x300 but the height and width in the css doesnt match as they are 490px in width and 370px in height. So if you are using more than one instance of the extension then this will explain why the sizes will vary and display as they are.

I will look at a way to see if the border can be an option, but if it cant I will leave as it is as I do not want to be supporting two versions of the same extension at onetime.

Oh and I believe Congratulations are in order today "Happy Birthday" :D wishing I was 35 again....
tommy.jpg
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Thanx Bacon Fries,

Indeed I use more than one instance of JQ Slide Show and images aren't the size I declare in the extension.
To conclude, I can only use one size for all slideshows and photos should match the declared size. Is that true?
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Thank you for your wishes Bacon Fries. :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yes when using more than once each instance the image must all have the same height and width.
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

It sems to me that WB9 remember the very last settings of JQ slideshow. I have altered some data in show.css and I am capable of resizing pictures. Unfortunately, The caption still remains the smaller size. Border can be also removed implementing changes in the file.

Another question refers to Java Animated Slide Show. I'm thinking of using it on the main page instead of JQ v2. The problem is similar. The picture with a caption is of a proper size but thumbnails menu below is smaller.

BAcon Fries what should I do? I guess Every slide should have a unique ID in CSS. How to do this? Is it possible?

I'd like to use both JQ SLideshow v2 and Animated Java Slideshow in my project.

THanx for your advice. :)
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Do the pictures necessarily have to be the same size in all slideshows? Both slide shows are capable of stretching the pictures to the declared size of the slide show. What's the best way to fix the issue and keep going with my project :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can use mixed images with any size if you wish, say 500x300, 750x350 in the extension. But because for the purpose you set the container size to say 700x350 then all images will be held in this, meaning that images smaller than this size may gets distorted and stretched to fit the container. As mentioned in another post by yourself you want "Professionalism" (No pointer on hover) so I would take it you want the same "Professionalism" to the look of images displayed so to achieve this is where you should only use images of the same height and width.
On another note I cannot assist you on how to modify the javascript or the css of the extension as this is not the purpose of what the extension is for. If you are unhappy as to how the extension does not work for your personal needs, then I would suggest that you do not use it anymore and find an external script that can do everything that you require for your needs. Maybe you should suggest that the extension is of no use and should be removed or should I remove it....Now if there is any other of my extensions that do not meets your requirements please let me know, as I will remove them also as they seem not worthy to be used.
BaconFries

Re: jQuery Slide Show v2***07/10/2013***

Post by BaconFries »

tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Thanks Bacon Fries. :)
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

I have a website http://www.steve-davison.co.uk that uses the Jquery Slide Show v2 (website built in WB8) on the home page, this all works fine in Firefox and Google Chrome, however, when using Internet Explorer 8 the slide images are shown below the window border - what am I doing wrong ?

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have viewed the page with the extension on and it looks like many of all the images that you have used in the extension have invalid naming. The image naming contains spaces in them, when naming images they must not contain spaces or use any special characters or other non alpha numeric characters. To give you idea to what you can and cant use. anything on your keyboard that is not a picture or symbol.
These ARE alphanumeric: qwertyuiopoasdfghjklzxcvbnm1234567890
These are NOT alphanumeric: !@#$%^&*()_+<>?,./;':" or ☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙

I did also test the extension myself and it works for me tested in IE9/10, saying this I am using WB9 and the latest version of the extension which is only available for WB9 but again this should not make any difference as all files used are the same. Please try renaming your images and try again as not all browsers will display the same and repost here.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

OK, I've been through the images on that page only (I will have to modify the other pages when I can) and all are now web compatible names (hopefully) and uploaded to the web http://www.steve-davison.co.uk/index.html, I also corrected a dual Text ID and Shape ID, however, I still have the same problem when viewing in IE8 or 9, still works in Firefox and Google Chrome.

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Can I ask you to please upload a copy of the extension that you are using, as the current version I have has been updated and does not give me any issues, gaving the version of the extension will allow me to test. thanks

Also I have to ask have you modified any of the css or javascripts manually outside of the program as this have a impact on how the extension works and displays.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

The only modification I did to the css file was change the border width (padding) from 8 to 2, everything else has not been altered - I did try using it without any alteration and the same problem occurs in IE.

I tried attaching the JQuery Slide Show extension (version 1.1.0.1, 12/27/2013) to this post, however, the file was not allowed - how do I upload the extension ?

Many thanks

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can upload the file in a zip file to your server then provide a url for me to download. I only ask so I can check the extension in my copy of WB. Please note I do not recommend that make any changes to any of the files generated by the extension as I cannot offer any assitance on this if it breaks how the extension works. I would also ask that you remove the Noright click script and the Google Analystics code just to ensure that they are not conflicting with the extension.
Example of how to write the url
http://www.steve-davison.co.uk/extensionfile.zip
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

OK the extension file is available from here:http://www.steve.davison.co.uk

I tried removing the 'right click' javascript - still does not work in IE

I did try the JQuery Slide Show with caption extension (V 1.0.0) - this does work in IE8, but does not have the buttons that show the number of slides or where in the series which I think is quite a handy feature on v2.

Steve D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Downloaded and installed. Drag&Drop to page open the extensions properties add images (Copies of your images) Preview in IE9/10 extension displays as it should (No code manually modified).
I dont have access to PC with IE8 so cant test. I have also noticed that you are using the following "Emulate IE8" why use this when you are trying to view with IE8?. I would try the following remove the "Emulate IE8" remove extension from page, reinstall extension, add the images and preview. If all is ok then I would publish as is (No modified code). As already mentioned I cannot offer assistance with the extension if you manually modify any of the CSS/javascript yourself as this defeats the purpose of what the extension is for.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Firstly thanks for all your help - I think I'm slowly learning a few things about making a website with WB - regards 'Emulate IE' took me a while to find that, but seems like a WB default value so I left it alone...

However, I noticed that my page HTML was set to 'XHTML 1.0 Transitional' - but when I changed this to 'HTML5' the extension worked perfectly in IE8 without any other modifications, since I know very little about how HTML works I have no idea what the difference is between XHTML 1.0 and HTML5, but since the extension works with HML5 I will change the website over to that (hopefully that is a sensible thing to do)...?

Once again thanks for your help and for making the great extension available.

Best regards

Steve D
pflournoy

Post by pflournoy »

I have always used the Jquery slide show for the past 3-4 versions, including 9. My computer crashed and I lost everything. As a result, I downloaded nine into my new laptop. However, I am searching up and down and can't find version 1 or 2. Please help me not lose my mind. Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@pflournoy I Am sorry but both extensiobns are no longer available to download from the extension manager as I have removed all my extensions from use this was due ti a issue back in may I can only say sorry for any inconvience thisay cause...
pflournoy

Post by pflournoy »

Can I buy the extension from you?