[rz] Page Position Activated Object *** UPD 2014-Oct-14 ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
Forum rules
*** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING [RZ] EXTENSIONS ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available or supported, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
[RZ]

[rz] Page Position Activated Object *** UPD 2014-Oct-14 ***

Post by [RZ] »

[rz] PAO v1.2

Page Position Activated Object (aka "PAO").
This extreme lightweight extension allows you to activate and deactivate objects according to the page scrollbar position.
How to use? Please see the included sample project file, it is self descriptive...

DEMO

HTML 4.01 Transitional
W3C compliant

* NEW in version 1.2

Added support for RWD.
Added map and breakpoint modes.

* NEW in version 1.1

Optimized code and improved startup.
Can activate or deactivate multiple objects in the same instance (objects IDs must be comma separated, i.e. Layer1 or Layer1, Layer2, Layer3).
Fixes for older Opera versions are resolved internally and extra extensions are not required anymore.
More effects added.

Objects IDs are optional, this allows:
- Both activate and deactivate objects according to the vertical scroll position.
- Only activate objects without deactivate objects.
- Only deactivate objects without activate other ones.

[rz] PAO (tiny)

This extension doesn't require the jQuery library file.
No effects, useful for small projects.
Fast objects activation/deactivation.

[rz] PAO

This version requires the jQuery library file.
Allows effects to activate and deactivate objects.

Enjoy!

* Troubleshooting

The following information is DEPRECATED and applies to versions 1.0+
The extension fixes for older Opera versions were removed from the pack and the issues are resolved internally.

Opera browser behaves different and under certain conditions both extensions may give unstable results. Only in that case, this means if you are running issues, you can add the following extensions to fix the misbehavior:

[rz] PAO (tiny) Opera Fix

This extension fixes the Opera known issues and is intented to work only with the tiny version.
Drag and drop only once and it fixes all of the other PAO instances in the same page.
If there is a [rz] Elegant Scroll instance, this fix is not required.

[rz] PAO Opera Fix

This extension fixes the Opera known issues and is intended to work only with the version that supports the jQuery effects.
Drag and drop only once and it fixes all of the other PAO instances in the same page.
Some jQuery effects are overridden and replaced by fade in/out.
Last edited by [RZ] on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
r3za

Re: Page Position Activated Object

Post by r3za »

Great stuff RZ, quite useful.
I have a question regarding some other extension you did make. I am wondering if you have example of a project of if you could do me a favour and drop your extensions to a project. i tried to make but couldnt manage to make it work. thanks in advance. here is the extension which i am talking about: http://www.zerajia.com/demo/scrollbar/
thanks in advance mate
Reza
Web Design and Search Engine Optimisation

Http://www.SEO25.com
Free URL Rate & Site Value Tool - Free Search Engine Submission!
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

thank you for your feedback.
i don't know what your issue is. a sample project file is available within the extension zip file.
if you have any further questions, please post them in the original thread (http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 42&t=47293). i will try to answer as soon as i can.
iVent

Post by iVent »

[RZ], I like the idea of this PAO v1.0.0 extension very much! What do you think, is there a combination possible with your Advertisement v1.0.1 and/or Layers v1.6.0 to activate them based on the position?

If this is possible, can you give a example(s) of how this could be achieved?

Greetz, iVent
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

yes, you can combine all of my extensions.
however, may be some incompatibility issue due to the nature of the tasks involved of/in each one.

(mmm... i'm sorry, at this moment i cannot build combined examples - in each extension an attached sample is available, please take a look at them...)

thank you for your post and your feedback.
iVent

Post by iVent »

Thanx, I will try to figure it out. Hope to get this effect:

Example of position and action panel combination effect

By the way it's of my favorite little island and hotel in Greece, but scroll down to see the position effect and the dropdown panel combination.

Greetz, iVent
Last edited by iVent on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

yes, you can do this.
hope to see your work soon.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

will be better if you post a sample project so as i can see what you are doing
seems to me you are duplicating the work
and about your last "question", the "answer" is following the links in the signature ;)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

did you look at the included sample?
post your project so as i can see what you are trying to do... seems to me you are mixing up some things...
Mr E Bear

Post by Mr E Bear »

Hi RZ, your extensions make WWB a dream to use, thank you very much.

I haven't downloaded PAO yet, but I'd like to ask how the extension works with different monitors - as small monitors will no doubt have a long scroll bar and some larger monitors may not have any at all.

Cheers!
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

thank you mr bear for your kind words about my extensions
always feedback encourages to improve the work

this extension works based on how much you scrolled up and down the screen contents via the scrollbar
of course enough content is needed so as you can scroll up and down the page
visitors that have large monitors may not need to scroll down as in any other website, so visually won't see any effect
you can test the online demo in many monitor sizes and see for yourself how the extension reacts, you can rest assured that there are not any undesirable side effects
with regards
[RZ]

Re: Page Position Activated Object *** UPDATED Apr-20-2014 *

Post by [RZ] »

* NEW in version 1.1

Optimized code and improved startup.
Can activate or deactivate multiple objects in the same instance (objects IDs must be comma separated, i.e. Layer1 or Layer1, Layer2, Layer3).
Fixes for older Opera versions are resolved internally and extra extensions are not required anymore.
More effects added.

Objects IDs are optional, this allows:
- Both activate and deactivate objects according to the vertical scroll position.
- Only activate objects without deactivate objects.
- Only deactivate objects without activate other ones.
Mr E Bear

Post by Mr E Bear »

A small $10 donation can get you [RZ]'s work, just donate on the page - I recently bought this very extension, worth every penny!
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@davidmoshe
no, this is not my language at all, i never said something like this nor took by an idiot to any person. but if these are your feelings about yourself.... i'm really sorry. if i were you, i would make contact, and ask a simple question with a bit of education at least...
you can make contact via the links at my signature

@mr e bear
thank you for your kind words (and for your support!)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@david moshe
i have read your mail and now i see your post.
please try to not be so rude and impolite because there are very basic things that are not related at all with money. hope this is crystal clear, period.
by the way, the shop is ready but is not officially launched yet.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

yes you are rude, even your private mails are.
also your arguments about why you are disappointed are disgusting and totally unfair.
and due to a lack of ethics, due to misuse, abuse, and many other things like these, i decided to not support nor release MY HARD WORK and my 24 HS SUPPORT for free anymore.
if you want QUALITY, you MUST PAY for the people's effort, time, knowledge, advice, etc, etc, etc.
do you work for free?
FX3D

Post by FX3D »

I too have noticed that [Rz] now charges for his work.

If you know, or have even had any kind of correspondence with him you will agree he is a very dignified and helpful person. :P :mrgreen:

His decision to charge for his expertise and quite excellent extensions is justified in my opinion and I would never hesitate to donate if I required some of his work for an extension etc, as a lot of the other regular guys do for their work 8)

BTW is it a one off payment [Rz] or a license ?? per project ?

Some time ago [Rz] mentioned giving up on developing extensions and providing support, I for one am glad he still finds time in his busy schedule to help people out.

If more people complain about paying for others work the developer will not find any enthusiasm in carrying on

Baconfries has also powered through this problem, but only after the community thanked him for his work and contributions 8)

Wouldn't want to see these type of guys give up due to a few badly worded posts :wink:
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@fx3d
thank you for your kind words!
about extensions licenses, fees and conditions, please contact me via the links in my signature.

you said: "Some time ago [Rz] mentioned giving up on developing extensions and providing support"

well, i do not give up; i still developing projects and bespoke codes, but i decided to stop work and support all this stuff for free; unfortunately, due to a lack of ethics, abuse, misuse, unauthorized copies (in part and in whole), distortion/misrepresentation/misinterpretation of the "inspirational" concept and MANY other disgusting attitudes from some people, my efforts, my time and my support won't be free anymore. (you can note in some posts that there are some dudes that feel disappointed and complain because can't get my work for free - and they send me emails complaining! unbelievable hu? however, they do not work for free for their "web designs" or for any other stuff they do.)

again, thank you for your supporting words!
with regards
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Page Position Activated Object *** UPD 2014-Oct-14

Post by [RZ] »

UPGRADE AVAILABLE

* NEW in version 1.2

Added support for RWD.
Added map and breakpoint modes.