Camera Slideshow (FREE)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
infos

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE)

Post by infos » Tue May 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Now, the test.html is working just fine, but if you look inside of Untitled1.wbs , I added the code manually.

thanks,
infos
Last edited by infos on Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm

I need to see your WWB project not the published page. Email me the .wbs file with JUST the page with the extension. So open the projects SAVE AS, new name, delete all other pages and email me via my support site. I'll email you back. Alternatively post the .wbs file here and I'll download.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!

infos

Post by infos » Tue May 08, 2012 2:03 pm

the whole project is there with all files, including Untitled1.wbs

you can save all the files from that folder and see what is wrong...

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Ah, OK, didn't see that. Will take a look now.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 2:14 pm

OK, the problem is pretty simple.

Look in 03- General Settings.
There is a property that is required to be completed - SCREEN SIZE. This is the property that uses the aforementioned xsl file. If you don't complete it the extension can't write the correct code.

Click into the property, click ADD, select Normal or Fullsize (you probably want Normal for this page). If you select Fullsize you need to populate the next property and choose Captions or Thumbs.

infos

Post by infos » Tue May 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Yes, indeed, now it's working without to add anything...sorry, my mistake.

thank you much for your feedback.
infos
Adendum wrote:OK, the problem is pretty simple.

Look in 03- General Settings.
There is a property that is required to be completed - SCREEN SIZE. This is the property that uses the aforementioned xsl file. If you don't complete it the extension can't write the correct code.

Click into the property, click ADD, select Normal or Fullsize (you probably want Normal for this page). If you select Fullsize you need to populate the next property and choose Captions or Thumbs.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm

infos wrote:thanks, but thanx, does not work for me this extension...I've tried in different web browsers and I've got nothing to be displayed on the page..NADA!
OK, glad you have it working. And may I add 10 out of 10 for adding the code manually; shows initiative and persistence. However, maybe next time you try any extension and you have a problem you'll first look at what you have done...or maybe not done.

I'd say most of the extension builders here are very unlikely to release anything that requires the end user to manually tweak a page as that would make the whole reason for extension (plugins) void. If there is a working demo (as I always provide) you should expect that the extension works properly if all the instructions are followed. Sadly it's quite common for people to jump into an extension, not read the help file and maybe half complete the properties, which is very tedious for the extension builder....God only knows how Pablo copes with some of the posts he has to respond to.

So for you and other extension users may I respectfully request that before you post or email that you check your settings, read or re-read the help file, try again and then if it still doesn't work for you post something with more than 'NADA' in it. Extensions take a lot of time and effort to build and support, even writing a help file can take half a day or more, so put some effort in as well - give us some information to work with; otherwise we can't help.

End of Sermon! :shock:

:D

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 4:36 pm

The PDF that comes with the extension! See demo page.

And....as your page was missing some key code I would suggest you read the posts from infos and my responses as I believe you have made the same mistake.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

The default is set to Normal ........
Extension Builder - Camera Slideshow.xwb-1747.jpg
but for some reason that doesn't show up in WWB until you click into the property.

If you populate all the fields but do not open the Screen Size property and click ADD the extension can't write the required code. I have set this up with a default value as you can see but maybe because it is part of a dataset and the code gets written via an xsl file that it wont populate it until it's been opened. Not sure - I'll ask Pablo to comment.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 5:44 pm

The answer is that a default setting for a dataset ( a type of property variable ) cannot have a default setting.

See post viewtopic.php?f=29&t=47671&p=239376#p239372

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) - minor UPDATE

Post by Adendum » Tue May 08, 2012 5:56 pm

08/05/12 (18:55) : Updated the Help File (pdf) to emphasise the importance of setting the screen size in the extension. See 03- General Settings > Screen Size.

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) - Version 1.0.0.2.

Post by Adendum » Wed May 09, 2012 5:11 pm

09/05/12 (18:08) : Updated extension and moved the Screen Size property to a prominent position. Help file changed.
Camera Slideshow Properties-1807.jpg

palmtop

Post by palmtop » Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks for your very nice addon.

I would like to know how can I solve this issue.

How can I use responsive or adaptive slide dimension, please?

I have some 2048x480 slides that I would like to be automatically dimensioned.

Thanks!

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) - updated 1.0.0.3

Post by Adendum » Thu May 10, 2012 11:50 am

@palmtop
The extension is already adaptive. Draw your extension to the size you want and add images. No matter what size the images are they will proportionally fill the shape of the extension. If you go Full Screen images are sized proportionally to the browser size and you can control landscape vs. portrait from within the extension.

Personally I would reduce the size of the 2048px images outside of WWB before you add them to the slideshow as several of those will make it hard work for the browser.

@sikhoonak
I have just uploaded a new version of the extension (version 1.0.0.3) that includes four new "Scroll To ...." transitions. You can now scroll to Left, to Right, to Top or to Bottom.

:)

palmtop

Post by palmtop » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks!