jor_carouselManipulation 11.0

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
jordan

Re: jor_carouselManipulation_update2

Post by jordan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 am

hi barrymol

internal: no
not possible on the internal pag/nav as the script is now, would take more then manipulation to change that

external: yes
you can create external pag/nav with jor_carouselManipulation and use WB shape/textart/clipart etc then enable hover-mode of the object
add # or Javascript:void(0) to the link of the object(s) used

barrymol

Post by barrymol » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Jordan,

I tried setting the 'external by ID | Next' (ditto for last) to the ID of a shape. It didn't seem to do anything.
I would have expected it to cause the carousel to change. Instead, I am using the 'on click' event to trigger
the 'slideshow next' (ditto for last) action to advance the carousel. Is this the way I should do it?
jordan wrote: add # or Javascript:void(0) to the link of the object(s) used
I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't see an option to specify a javascript function to perform
as a link for the image object. Also, what you mean by 'add #''

Also, is it possible to have the external pagination 'active' case have a different look?

I did have success when I experimented with internal additional) navigation

I do not understand the pagination preview feature. I set the ID strings for the images that are
used for the pagination elements. Is that what I am supposed to do, I saw no change.

I do not understand the prevent top feature. What does it mean for a page to jump to the top
due to navigation that this feature is supposed to prevent?

I did have some success when I experimented with additional navigation. I was able to re-position
the next/previous buttons. So, I think I understand in general how the extension works. I do see
that it is essential that all ID's are spelled correctly. It does seem though that there is something
fundamental to how the extension works that I am missing.

jordan

Post by jordan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 pm

barrymol wrote: I tried setting the 'external by ID | Next' (ditto for last) to the ID of a shape. It didn't seem to do anything.
I would have expected it to cause the carousel to change. Instead, I am using the 'on click' event to trigger
the 'slideshow next' (ditto for last) action to advance the carousel. Is this the way I should do it?
no, don't use any event on the object
add the used object id to the – external by id | next – property, nothing more
(see also point 2 NOTE: id)

barrymol wrote: I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't see an option to specify a javascript function to perform
as a link for the image object. Also, what you mean by 'add #''
if you enable a WB (shape) object into have a hover state, the object becomes a link (anchor)
add # or Javascript:void(0) to the objects link property, else it will execute an empty anchor
- - -
NOTE: id
when hover state on an object is enabled the id to target becomes the object holder ie. Shape1 becomes wb_Shape1
a string entered should then also become – wb_Shape1,wb_Shape2,wb_Shape3

barrymol wrote: Also, is it possible to have the external pagination 'active' case have a different look?
no, active state is not possible

barrymol wrote: I do not understand the pagination preview feature. I set the ID strings for the images that are
used for the pagination elements. Is that what I am supposed to do, I saw no change.
yes, the objects used are entered as a string, did you place the used objects on the page ?

barrymol wrote: I do not understand the prevent top feature. What does it mean for a page to jump to the top
due to navigation that this feature is supposed to prevent?
prevent top was a problem in an earlier version of the carousel
this problem has been resolved in the current carousel, this function has no purpose, just leave it to – true

===================
hope this helps … also take a look at the jor_carouselManipulation_easystart.wbs it has a lot of examples
if you have any more problems please provide a live link it will be much easier to help if I can see how you have set it up

barrymol

Post by barrymol » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 pm

jordan wrote: NOTE: id
when hover state on an object is enabled the id to target becomes the object holder ie. Shape1 becomes wb_Shape1
a string entered should then also become – wb_Shape1,wb_Shape2,wb_Shape3
So, I am to precede the ID of the element with 'wb_" every time I use a hover state?

barrymol wrote: Also, is it possible to have the external pagination 'active' case have a different look?
jordan wrote: no, active state is not possible
So, I should use the feature where the page number can be shown to represent the current page.
That is an acceptable way.

I am also not sure how to set that up. Under Timer, it is an option called page counter.
I am to specify an ID of a text element. I have to put something in that text element.
How does that get changed to the current page number?

barrymol wrote: I do not understand the pagination preview feature. I set the ID strings for the images that are
jordan wrote: yes, the objects used are entered as a string, did you place the used objects on the page ?
Yes and I used the properties manager to hide them. Is that correct?
jordan wrote: ===================
hope this helps … also take a look at the jor_carouselManipulation_easystart.wbs it has a lot of examples
if you have any more problems please provide a live link it will be much easier to help if I can see how you have set it up
[/quote]

I'll check this out

If I still have problems, I do the live link...

jordan

Post by jordan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:18 pm

01. hover - hover state used is add wb_ correct
02. page counter - enter the id of an WB text object, it will automatically create a visual display of the active pagination
03. hide - is it better to hide the objects?, yes, not a requirement though

a live link would work better yes … :wink: .

barrymol

Post by barrymol » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:24 am

I figured out what is going on.

I had the timer value set to 0. I thought I would try things out
so that users would have to use the forward/reverse/pagination
buttons and not have a timer. I didn't know that would also
turn off external navigation.

I do see a pause/resume option. But, I assume it will start
with the timer running. Is there a way to either have the initial
state be paused, or to have external pagination work without
the timer?

In addition to using the carousel for photographs, I want to be
able to make slide show presentations where I will have in-line
frames on each page. Then the user can scroll within a page.
But, they will have to make the decision when to advance to
the next slide.

jordan

Re: jor_carouselManipulation_update3

Post by jordan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

jor_carouselManipulation_update 3

01. enhanced : prevent text wrap on WB text
02. removed : prevent top function (obsolete)
03. added : pause/resume initial state

see top post for full history

jordan

Post by jordan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

hi barrymol

please download the jor_carouselManipulation_update3 update, I added a pause/resume initial state property
- add a WB text object, assign the id in the pause/resume text id property, set the pause/resume initial property to stopped

cheers!

barrymol

Post by barrymol » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks for implementing the additional enhancement so quickly.

Some more enhancements that would make your very cool extension even cooler!

Can 'pause - resume | text pause' and 'pause - resume | text resume' be put inside a shape
(text can be centered, shapes provide events, so there would be control like visible/hidden)?
With events, it is possible to have prev/next buttons become hidden during autoplay and progress
bar can be visible, prev/next buttons become visible during pause and progress bar can be hidden.

My goal: make everything that a user see's that they can mouse over look like a button with a hover
color change. Switch between 'autoplay' mode (progress bar is visible and prev/next are gone) and
'manual control' mode (progress bar is hidden and prev/next buttons are visible.)

With this feature, prev/next buttons could appear in the same area on the display as the progress
bar (only one visible depending on the mode.

Use JQuery slider to allow users to set the speed of image change. YYou can use Slider event
properties (slidechange) with custom Javascript to make this work. Nice to have would be to include
a text field to indicate the number of seconds (0 - no delay, 1 - one second, 2 - two seconds, etc.)
Provide a parameter for min, max, initial setting.

jordan

Post by jordan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 pm

– text inside a shape – not possible – WB renders an image, not text and an image
– text also has events, with some custom code you could do it
– as far as hide/show progressbar vs prev/next on autoplay implanted in jor_carouselManipulation
maybe I will add it in the future but only if it is possible internal and external
slider as a speed regulator ?
duration (timing) is already a problem to maintain crossbrowser with the progressbar as is
I think it would only become a greater problem if it would be changed dynamically
so, no I don't think this would be wise to add

barrymol

Post by barrymol » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:35 am

jordan wrote: – text inside a shape – not possible – WB renders an image, not text and an image
WB already does allow embedded text inside a shape. Double click the shape. Properties dialog
opens. Text is second tab next to General. Text can be aligned.
jordan wrote: – as far as hide/show progressbar vs prev/next on autoplay implanted in jor_carouselManipulation
maybe I will add it in the future but only if it is possible internal and external
I think I can do this as follows:

Put autoplay mode and manual mode cases on separate pages. Put them inside in-line frames.

Button that says 'AUTOPLAY'. Action - Hides "AUTOPLAY" button. Shows 'MANUAL MODE" button.
Shows in-line frame holding the autoplay mode. Hides in-line frame showing the manual mode.

Button that says 'MANUAL MODE'. Action - Shows "AUTOPLAY" button. Hides 'MANUAL MODE" button.
Hides in-line frame holding the autoplay mode. Shows in-line frame showing the manual mode.

You might want to implement the feature anyway. But consider not doing it if no one else asks
for it.
jordan wrote: slider as a speed regulator ?
duration (timing) is already a problem to maintain crossbrowser with the progressbar as is
I think it would only become a greater problem if it would be changed dynamically
so, no I don't think this would be wise to add
That does not surprise me at all! Of all the features that I have suggested, this one is the
least likely to be of value anyway.

Thanks for this fantastic extension...

octane

Post by octane » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:45 pm

HI Jordan,

Using your extension can I do the following?

Is it possible to have 2 Carousel's on one page and have them operate together?

What i mean is when "Carousel 1" is clicked to move forward to next slide can it can trigger "Carousel 2" to play forward as well?

So "Carousel 1" is the master and "Carousel 2" is the slave?

Thanks for any help.

jordan

Post by jordan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

hi octane

nope not possible, the WB carousel by design is not build to be used more then once per page
if you can not add more then one, you can not manipulate more then one
it can be done by using an iframe and linking them cross-window but that would take custom coding
so, in a simple way, no it can't be done

octane

Post by octane » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 am

Hi Jordan.

Thanks for the answer.

I have another question.

Can I have external buttons that control the carousel's slide position?

Example....I have three slides in my carousel and I have three external buttons.
Each button when clicked would go to its slide. So by clicking on button 1 it would cycle the carousel to that slide.

It would be nice also that after a certain amount of time with no interaction that the carousel would start playing automatically again.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for any help

jordan

Post by jordan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:12 pm

hi octane

yes, external control and continued autoplay (and more) is possible
take a look at the jor_carouselManipulation_easystart.wbs examples in the download and experiment with the settings