Photo Info (free)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
Adendum

Photo Info (free)

Post by Adendum » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:33 pm

The Photo Info extension is now available from the main extension site - here and also from my extension demo site. The help file is also available online from the same page.

This is a CSS3 based extension from original coding work by Stu Nicholls. It works as a replacement to using jQuery and allows you to have a slide up panel with text that is also linkable. Can be used for simple text descriptions of any single or multiple images and could even be used as a menu system. This only operates correctly in CSS3 supported browsers

PLEASE READ THE HELP FILE BEFORE REQUESTING SUPPORT.

Demo of the extension
Last edited by Adendum on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!

amrajadhyaksha

Re: Photo Info (free)

Post by amrajadhyaksha » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Does what it says.
However, I wonder if the Rollover Text extension which is a WWB built in extra does not do something similar?
Of course, your method must have required complicated skills that make the end result look so good, so I respect that.
Perhaps you could take a look at this
http://tympanus.net/Development/Circul ... tCarousel/

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 am

I really like it! Thank you for offering this one.

zinc

Post by zinc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Great stuff!!!! But can I suggest you add a border and a caption like (Photo Info - Double Click to Edit) so at design time when it is added, it is not just a blank object.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Bendigo,

The options in the Extension Builder offer three options:-
1. Display Text Only
2. Display Image
3. Live HTML rendering

I have elected to use Live HTML Rendering so you can see something in the box when you have added values to the properties. I do this with most of the extensions I have built as it gives you an indication of the settings you have used.

Display Text only only puts the name and builder details into the box in design view and Display Image just dumps an image in the box. I guess I could put an image in there but if you size the extension to suit the project values the image will either be stretched or clipped. So unless someone knows of a better way I think Live HTML Rendering gives you more information.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM

Adendum

UPDATED: Photo Info (free)

Post by Adendum » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:57 am

10/11/11 : Having only realised I could do this yesterday (doh!) I have modified this extension (and all my extensions - see list below) so that the live rendering of the extension in design view is greatly improved. In many cases the design view will take on a background colour you set in the extension properties.

Updates available from the WWB extensions site and my own demo site. Remember to check out the extensions listed below.

Anything Slider
Automated ToolTip
Directory Listing
Elastic Thumbnail Menu
Image Information Panels
Image Swap Menu
Kick-Butt-Mega-Menu
Orbit Slider
Simple Horizontal Accordion
Slide Down Box Menu
Stacked Images
tab Slide Out

Adendum

Re: Photo Info (free) - UPDATE

Post by Adendum » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 pm

20/02/12 : Image Content and CSS file now published to the /photoinfo folder.

You may need to re-link any images if you open a project that uses an earlier version of this extension. The earlier version also published its CSS file to a folder called CSS3. The CSS3 folder has been removed and all files are published to the /photoinfo folder.

Adendum

Re: Photo Info (free) - UPDATE

Post by Adendum » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Added property to enable multiple uses of the extension in a page or a project.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

Hello Adendum,

I was playing around with the extension yesterday, and noticed that the effects are only supported in FF. The outcome css doesn't contain -webkit-transition (for Chrome), will you add this in the future versions?
I did that manually to make it work in chrome :)
Thanks.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 am

supersonictt wrote:Hello Adendum,

I was playing around with the extension yesterday, and noticed that the effects are only supported in FF. The outcome css doesn't contain -webkit-transition (for Chrome), will you add this in the future versions?
I did that manually to make it work in chrome :)
Thanks.
Supersonictt,

I only used the code as supplied by the original author. If you email me the changes you've made I'll incorporate them into a new release. Or just post them here as a CODE chunk.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 am

Well, after publishing the file to a local folder, there is a Photoinfo folder, inside it, there is Photoinfo-ONE.css file with this part:

Code: Select all

.wrap i { -moz-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out 0.0s; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #003399; display: block; height: 200px; left: 0; opacity: 0.4; position: absolute; top: 300px; width: 300px; z-index: 1;}
.wrap p { -moz-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out 0s; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; color: #FFFFFF; display: block; font-size: 12px; height: 200px; left: 0; line-height: 16px; margin: 0; padding: 0; position: absolute; top: 300px; width: 300px; z-index: 1;}
As you know, in order to support the transition in Chrome, the -webkit-transition should be added with the same values:

Code: Select all

.wrap i { -webkit-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out 0.0s; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #003399; display: block; height: 200px; left: 0; opacity: 0.4; position: absolute; top: 300px; width: 300px; z-index: 1;}
.wrap p { -webkit-transition: all 0.6s ease-in-out 0s; background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; color: #FFFFFF; display: block; font-size: 12px; height: 200px; left: 0; line-height: 16px; margin: 0; padding: 0; position: absolute; top: 300px; width: 300px; z-index: 1;}
That's it :)

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 pm

I just had a look too......the original CSS file uses just -moz-, so I can add -webkit- and -o- but as far as I am aware there should be all three not just the one. -moz- handles FF, -webkit- handles Chrome and -o- handles Opera. So if you replace -moz- with webkit- I would assume that the transitions will no longer work in FF and only appear in Chrome..............

I'll add all three and do some tests. Keep you posted.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks a lot.
Yes, all three should be added in order to support Chrome, FF and Opera.
Take your time on that.
Thank you for taking care of it :) I really appreciate it :)

Adendum

Re: Photo Info (free) - UPDATED

Post by Adendum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 pm

17/04/12 : Added -webkit- and -o- transitions for Chrome and Opera compatibility. Latest version is now 1.0.0.7.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks Adendum, works great :)