Ultimate Page Scroller - Extension ***No longer supported***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
BaconFries

Re: Ultimate Page Scroller - Extension (UPDATED)

Post by BaconFries » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Ok this is a bit of a puzzle :? I have test one of my extensions that ues jQuery 1.4.2 along with the menubar and they both work together...:) ok lets try this first, in the extension builder you can select to use jQuery... so lets remove the jQuery that the scroller script uses ie 1.4.2 and just use the jQuery from the extension builder. if that fails let me know and if you want to send on the extension and all it bits and bobs I will take a look and get back to you might take a day or two as I am trying to help out on another extension, but please try what I suggested....there may be another way round this it involves modifying the jQuery but we can try that later....

zinc

Post by zinc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I am sorry for causing a hassle guys !!! :oops:

madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 pm

bendigo wrote:I am sorry for causing a hassle guys !!! :oops:
Nah its cool B, to be honest once I get to grips with the whole conflict thing i'll be able to release more stable releases. :)

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

creating the new, together.

zinc

Post by zinc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

I have ditched the menu in favour of your scroller as it is more important to me.

jordan

Post by jordan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 pm

hi bendigo (SUB,BaconFries),

it won't work with the menubar because of the way jscookmenu.js is set up
the init. of the menubar structure occurs on page render, it dynamically construct a table upon a list structure (=cmDraw)
the <a> href value is taken from the list and instead opens with a window.open function
jQuery localscroll acts on the html <a> href, so … there is no href and therefore no scroll occurs
it's the same as using an event to request the scroll –- window.open('#bookmark1','_self') –- won't work either
actually after jscookmenu init. there is no reference of the menubar list structure at all ...

nothing unstable about your extension SUB ... jscook is just cooking his own menu . :mrgreen: .

morgan

Post by morgan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi Scott

Not sure if this is possible, I want to use the scroller with a fixed panel on the left. If you were to click say Home Networking on the blue panel it would scroll to the correct text on the right leaving the list where it is. I Hope this makes sence.

madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Morgan, Yes that is possible, its not part of the basic layer structure but there is a workaround, heres a few steps to get you going...

1) Create a Docking Layer, dock top, alignment:center and make the background transparent. Make sure the width is the same as your page width (in page properties) and that the height of the docking layer is high enough for your menu block to go in.
2) Insert a shape onto that layer followed by your text menu.
3) Create a Default Layer and place were you would like your content to be placed (to the right of your menu), make sure the default layer is 'on top' of the docking layer.
4) insert your bookmarks and the ultimate page scroller extension and insert your hyperlinks to match the bookmarks in your text menu.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on...

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

morgan

Post by morgan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks mate, will be in touch in a couple of days..

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 pm

SUB wrote:Hi Morgan, Yes that is possible, its not part of the basic layer structure but there is a workaround, heres a few steps to get you going...

1) Create a Docking Layer, dock top, alignment:center and make the background transparent. Make sure the width is the same as your page width (in page properties) and that the height of the docking layer is high enough for your menu block to go in.
2) Insert a shape onto that layer followed by your text menu.
3) Create a Default Layer and place were you would like your content to be placed (to the right of your menu), make sure the default layer is 'on top' of the docking layer.
4) insert your bookmarks and the ultimate page scroller extension and insert your hyperlinks to match the bookmarks in your text menu.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on...

Cheers,
Scott
@SUB

Thanks for this workaround, but I am still not sure I got you right...

Let me make it simple, if I have a menu on the left of 3 text items (Pane 1, Panel 2, and Panel 3), and on the right where the panel is contains three description text items (description of panel 1, description of panel 2, description of panel 3).
Now, I followed your instructions, until step 4. Where do I place the "description" text items?

By the way I found this:
http://demos.flesler.com/jquery/localScroll/#section1
I guess this is what I need, but am not sure how to do it with your extension.

Thanks a lot.

madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:25 am

Hi, i'm not really sure what you mean......do you mean the menu text?

Step 4 is the 'menu text' to link your text to your anchors/bookmarks via the text properties

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

SUB wrote:Hi, i'm not really sure what you mean......do you mean the menu text?

Step 4 is the 'menu text' to link your text to your anchors/bookmarks via the text properties

Cheers,
Scott
SUB, thanks a lot for replying back.

Well, I opened a new page (index.html) of 1000 px width, then i placed a docking layer of 1000 px width and 300 px height, docking top with centre alignment. Then I placed a rectangle of 150 px width and 250 px height inside the docking panel, and a "text menu" inside this shape.
After that I placed a default layer inside the docking layer, on the right of that rectangle shape and on top of the docking layer.
Now, my question is, before I assign the bookmarks, where do I place the text that will slide inside the default panel?

Thanks.

madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi,

Place your text (sliding content) on the default panel as in step 3.

Make sure your 'default layer' is overlapping the 'docking layer' and not inside.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello,

Thanks again for helping me out.
If in the text menu I have 3 links (red, blue, green), how do I place the description text in the default layer? I mean, under each other? or next to each other!!
Sorry but am still a bit confused!

madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi,

The steps I gave was for a vertical scrolling page as Morgan requesting help with...

Place your 'description text' inside the 'default layer' underneath each other.
add your bookmarks (inside the default layer) to the start of each of the 'description text'
then link your menu to the bookmarks/anchors you have just placed.

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 pm

SUB wrote:Hi,

The steps I gave was for a vertical scrolling page as Morgan requesting help with...

Place your 'description text' inside the 'default layer' underneath each other.
add your bookmarks (inside the default layer) to the start of each of the 'description text'
then link your menu to the bookmarks/anchors you have just placed.

Sorry for being a headache! And thanks a lot for this tip, I will try it and report back :)

Cheers,
Scott