Random Password Generator for WB Signup Form + PHP/jQuery +

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
genieuk

Random Password Generator for WB Signup Form + PHP/jQuery +

Post by genieuk »

Random Password Generator for Official Web Builder Signup Form - Uses PHP and jQuery

W3C Compliant and Built with latest extension builder version 2.6.1. WB6 users there is also a version in zip file for you to that is WB6 compatible as WB7 Extension Builder does not work with WB6 due to the great changes in WB7.

Where can i download this extension?
http://www.genieuk.com/webbuilder/downl ... plates.php

Where can i test the demo?
Due to large amounts of spam and abuse of the demos, all demos have now been removed. I do apologize for the inconvenience ... but i cannot afford to loose valuable bandwidth and cause server overload due to heavy spam on the demos. Genieuk does not earn any revenue from the Genieuk website and as such cannot afford to loose valuable resources. To test any of my extensions please just download and install in Web Builder and test the extension(s) this way.

What this extension does?
With this extension you can encourage users to use stronger passwords on your Web Builder Signup form to help better safeguard their accounts. Once you have created either a text link, image link, button link; which when pressed will generate a random password and automatically fill the password and confirm password field boxes with the random password, a password will be randomly generated from a minimum and maximum password length you specify and from the characters you choose. If the user does not click the link to generate a random password then they simply just choose their own password like they normally would. This extension basically gives them the option to generate a strong password for them.

Creating a text link/image link/button is very simple to do in Web Builder and most of you have already done so many times before, i have however made simple instructions in the pdf file. PLEASE READ in FULL! as it won't work unless you do!.

Configurable Options:
Minimum Password Length - You can choose the minimum password length for the random password
Maximum Password Length - You can choose the maximum password length for the random password
Characters to Randomize - You can specify what characters etc to randomize to generate a random password

Note:
The PDF guide explains to you that Web Builder allows you users to create a password length from 1 to 50 in length and has some restrictions on what can be used when creating a password. By default the extension will generate a password from 6 to 10 chars in length and will generate a password from the characters below that complies with the Web Builder password requirements. But i have given you the option to choose what characters you want to randomize so if the Web Builder password requirements changes you can simply and effectively change it yourself without having to make updates to the extension in the future, plus it allows you to choose what characters etc to be randomized.

Web Builder will allow you to use the following characters, numbers and symbols when creating a password:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789_!@$

How will the user know what their password is when it shows on the form as ●●●●●●●● ?
The Web Builder signup form sends an email to the user as soon as they register; in the email they receive Web Builder includes the username the member has chosen and the password that was generated by this extension. This is also good as a user cannot login to their account until they check there email and get the random password, so in some sense it’s like account validation where the user has to give a valid email address they own to find out the password else they won’t be able to login, obviously that will only work if they choose to generate a random password and they don’t use the password recovery form, but in general it will just add some validation although cannot be relied upon as this extension is not about validating accounts.

I already am using the Web Builder Member System, will this extension effect or potentially mess up my existing member system in anyway?
NO! this extension will not mess up or cause any problems what so ever, it simply generates a random password and auto fills the password and confirm password boxes and nothing else. The Web Builder Member System controls everything else.

The PDF guide explains everything in full. This extension is simply drag and drop and then you create a text/image/button link which is also explained in pdf guide incase your not sure how to do this. But please read the PDF guide as if you don't the link you created won't work as you will see when reading the PDF guide.

Hope you like! Please feel free to leave comments/feedback. Thanks!

Regards,
Mathew

Here is an image of the extension if using an image that when clicked will generate a random password. I did not bother taking a screen shot of a button/normal text link as the extension is simple to understand, but if you do have any questions please feel free to reply to this extension post. Obviously you would choose your own image and customize to your own needs and make it blend in with your signup form etc, this is simply just a quick example. I added some title text which can be done by double clicking the image, again explained in PDF although majority will know how to do this. Title text basically when a visitor hovers over the image it will display some text, for title i put "Click to generate a random password" so a visitor will know what happens when they click the image which is obviously a good thing.

Last edited by genieuk on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Navaldesign

Re: Random Password Generator for WB Signup Form + PHP/jQuer

Post by Navaldesign »

This is also good as a user cannot login to their account until they check there email and get the random password, so in some sense it’s like account validation
Pretty gooooood!!!!
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Good one....
Only thing left now....
If someone can reate an extension that allows the Admin to change their password after they login to the admin page
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
genieuk

Post by genieuk »

Thanks for the comments. It was something quick i put together as i had not made any extensions for months now since personal issues. I have been working on one particular extension for months which i know some people are still waiting for but as i not done any programming for months now i thought i would gradually get back into things slowly as my health is my first priority of course. But again thanks for the comments :)

Regards,
Mathew
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

me.prosenjeet wrote:If someone can reate an extension that allows the Admin to change their password after they login to the admin page
Do you mean, the Admin to be able to change his own password ? if I correctly understand it, it already exists !!!!!
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Navaldesign wrote:
me.prosenjeet wrote:If someone can reate an extension that allows the Admin to change their password after they login to the admin page
Do you mean, the Admin to be able to change his own password ? if I correctly understand it, it already exists !!!!!
No, it doesnt.....can you please point me to it...if I am missing it.

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Both the DBTS Admin and the DBTS MySQL Admin extensions allow the Administrator to change his own password after he logs in the Admin area

You have even posted in reply!
Related thread:
viewtopic.php?t=29083
www.dbtechnosystems.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Navaldesign wrote:Both the DBTS Admin and the DBTS MySQL Admin extensions allow the Administrator to change his own password after he logs in the Admin area

You have even posted in reply!
Related thread:
viewtopic.php?t=29083
Oh,
I missed it :oops: ...thanks Naval! :D

However, I was refering to something like this password generator that amalgamates with the official members system and can use the flat file system

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
jordan

Post by jordan »

nice extension . :) . + TNX for your index update mail genieuk . 8) .
genieuk

Post by genieuk »

jordan wrote:nice extension . :) . + TNX for your index update mail genieuk . 8) .
Thanks Jordan for the comment and index update :D . Appreciate your time and effort :)

Regards,
Mathew
madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo »

Hey matt, nice work bruv........thanks for this!

Cheers,
Scott
Cheers,
Scott

www.madebyibloo.com - a creative design studio.