DBTS Admin Object/WB Login System **UPDATED June 19,2010***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
Navaldesign

Re: DBTS Admin Object/WB Login System **UPDATED June 19,2010

Post by Navaldesign » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 pm

I did find a bug in the code and I edited it as required.

You can download the zip and replace the DBTS Admin MySQL extension with the new one.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks again :D

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

There doesn't appear to be a 'recover forgotten password' (user not admin) extension for this new login system - would that be correct?

Is there a solution I can use to enable members to have their forgotten password emailed to them or reset and emailed at their request using the MySQL version of this login system?

Cheers.

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:32 am

Trying to test user login using standard form and the MySQL login extension but getting this page error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php on line 16

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php on line 27

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php:15) in /home/surveys/domains/rewardsurveys.co.nz/public_html/signin.php on line 30
Had it working perfectly previously, don't remember making any changes to login (DBTS extension is moved to back). The MySQL admin area works fine as does the signup page, just can't login with user details.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:27 am

brassnugget wrote:There doesn't appear to be a 'recover forgotten password' (user not admin) extension for this new login system - would that be correct?

Is there a solution I can use to enable members to have their forgotten password emailed to them or reset and emailed at their request using the MySQL version of this login system?

Cheers.

You simply use the standard "Recover Password" tool of WB. Of course you need to set it up with the specific MySQL database details
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:31 am

brassnugget wrote:Trying to test user login using standard form and the MySQL login extension but getting this page error: .....................................

Had it working perfectly previously, don't remember making any changes to login (DBTS extension is moved to back). The MySQL admin area works fine as does the signup page, just can't login with user details.
This message can ONLY mean that somehow, the Login tool has lost the MySQL details. In fact the error message has no username.

Check the MySQL DB details in the Login tool properties, NySQL section. Save, Publish and check again.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 am

Thank you.

A question regarding the signup page utilizing the DBTS extension. Currently if a user fills in a couple of signup fields but leaves out a required field the form displays an error message on the form stating that the particular field needs completing, however it also clears all the other entered information. I have tried using

Code: Select all

<? echo $fullname;?>
etc to retain the data but it doesn't work.

Can you suggest a solution to this issue?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 am

There is no SignupObject among the DBTS login tools extensions. I suppose that you are using the standard WB Signup form ?

Or did you customize the form yourself ?

Is the error message displayed in a Javascript alert popup or in the page itself ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 am

Sorry, is Standard WB Signup form with a few additional custom fields added.

The error message is displayed thru an editbox

Code: Select all

<?php echo $error_message; ?>
on the form itself just above the submit button

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:36 pm

As you understand, this has nothing to do with the extension. It has to do with how you have modified the code to customize it according to your enriched signup form.

To be able to give you any guidance I would need to see the code of the page (not in the browser, but in WB -> View -> Page HTML
In all cases this is about the extension but about your own amendments.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Not yet, I'm afraid.

However, I will be releasing the DBTS Form Processor v 3 as soon as tests are completed, which will have the possibility to do this, and therefore can be used to read, display and allow to edit fields from the database, ncluded the Login system tables.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Radjesh Klauke

Post by Radjesh Klauke » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:35 am

Uuuuhmmm,

When a user logs in I want his or her name to be shown on every page. The standard login component doesn't have that feature (as far as I know. we have discussed this before and you had a solution, but it never has been integrated)

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:41 am

The standard WB login system does have this integrated : Login Name tool. This is why I never added it in my own Login extension
I believe that there is also a user extension for this: viewtopic.php?t=18538
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Radjesh Klauke

Post by Radjesh Klauke » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Ah, thanks.

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:49 am

Hi, i'm using DBTS Admin Mysql. When i try to change a user ex, to activate a user i just get (User details update failed)
How come?