Image Power Zoomer ** NO LONGER AVAILABLE **

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
FredericP

Post by FredericP » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Of course, i tried all combinations possible ! But it does not work.
The final result is here : http://peyronnin.fr/_FreD/_Option_Image ... oupe2.html
On this page, there is only 5 objects (in order from top to background):
- Extension1 (your's)
- Zoom2Image1 (hooked picture)
- Masterpage
- Text1
- Text2

Thx for looking at this bug.
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]

zinc

Post by zinc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi;

Have you tried this one?

viewtopic.php?t=29563

Also I have tried what you said to recreate the bug and if you set the Zorder for the image that you want to use the Zoom on, it does work.

if not drop me an email and I will send you a sample page.

info {at} bendigodesign.net
Good news everyone! COVID-19 is STILL here!

FredericP

Post by FredericP » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes it's a very great one too and it works very well ! But for what i have to do, i don't have enough space at left or right of my picture. It's for an newspaper article. So it's why this extension is perfect for this use.

zinc

Post by zinc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:31 pm

FredericP wrote:Yes it's a very great one too and it works very well ! But for what i have to do, i don't have enough space at left or right of my picture. It's for an newspaper article. So it's why this extension is perfect for this use.
So did you try to set the Zorder of the image to very top? Did it work?

FredericP

Post by FredericP » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:42 pm

bendigo wrote:
Also I have tried what you said to recreate the bug and if you set the Zorder for the image that you want to use the Zoom on, it does work.
Really ? How can i change manually the z-order ? Because i tried "move to front", but id doesn't work...

zinc

Post by zinc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:44 pm

FredericP wrote:
bendigo wrote:
Really ? How can i change manually the z-order ? Because i tried "move to front", but id doesn't work...
You don't need to manually do that.

Here is an example:

Step1: Place Cat image

Step2: Place Zoom Extension. (It does not matter in which order you place the extension)

Step3: Place Dog image

Step4: Bring Cat Image to the top of everything else.

FredericP

Post by FredericP » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Thx a lot for your answers, i can make it works with your example, but with a masterpage. I can't get it. I think there is now a WB problem because when i look in the html code, my zoomimage has a z-index of 19. Even in WB, it's the first object (moved to front). My masterpage is the last object, but in the html code, elements of my masterpage have z-index smaller than my image.
If manually, i edit the html code and set the z-index to 0, all is working, the magnifier is in front.
I will put this question in WB forums. Thx again for having spending time on my problem.

zinc

Post by zinc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:59 pm

FredericP wrote:Thx a lot for your answers, i can make it works with your example, but with a masterpage. I can't get it. I think there is now a WB problem because when i look in the html code, my zoomimage has a z-index of 19. Even in WB, it's the first object (moved to front). My masterpage is the last object, but in the html code, elements of my masterpage have z-index smaller than my image.
If manually, i edit the html code and set the z-index to 0, all is working, the magnifier is in front.
I will put this question in WB forums. Thx again for having spending time on my problem.
I am glad it worked for you. Can you do me a favour? I need to ask you some thing. drop me a line at info {at} bendigodesign.net

Billywiz

Post by Billywiz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:03 am

Bendigo, did you manage to fix the problem of the zoom being behind the picture. The only way I can get it in front is by sending the picture to the back but this is not practical. I have tried sending the zoom object to the front but this does not work.
The Cheapest Car Hire, Worldwide.

Summit Car Hire

zinc

Post by zinc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:15 am

Billywiz wrote:Bendigo, did you manage to fix the problem of the zoom being behind the picture. The only way I can get it in front is by sending the picture to the back but this is not practical. I have tried sending the zoom object to the front but this does not work.
There is no Zorder for the extension. So the only way you can do this is set the z-order of the image you want to zoom into to the very top.

alternatively you can use

viewtopic.php?t=29563

Billywiz

Post by Billywiz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:23 pm

There is no Zorder for the extension. So the only way you can do this is set the z-order of the image you want to zoom into to the very top.
Excuse my ignorance but how is that done.

Cheers

Summit Car Hire

zinc

Post by zinc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Billywiz wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but how is that done.

Cheers
Lets say you have an image of cat and a dog

1. Place the image of dog on the page.
2. Place the extension on the page.
3. Let's say you want to zoom into the cat picture. So place it on the pace and from the menu, choose "Arrange" > "Arraange" > Bring to Top
4. on the extension, assign the cat picture's name.

That is it.

Hope this helps.

Billywiz

Post by Billywiz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, that's what I have been doing (the z-order instruction confused me) but the image I want to zoom is behind another image by about a third and cannot be moved to the front as it will alter the page design. Looks like I will have to leave the zoom option off the page. Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Summit Car Hire

zinc

Post by zinc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Billywiz wrote:Thanks for the reply, that's what I have been doing (the z-order instruction confused me) but the image I want to zoom is behind another image by about a third and cannot be moved to the front as it will alter the page design. Looks like I will have to leave the zoom option off the page. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
Billy

Take a look at this sample

http://www.bendigodesign.net/demo/

I did wonder what was happening and the reason is this zoom is designed for large images where you want to zoom on top of the image and the chances are you were using smaller images.

I suggest you use this extension for the job which displays the zoomed part outside the chosen image:

viewtopic.php?t=29563

Hope this helps.

Billywiz

Post by Billywiz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks, I'll experiment with the page and see if I can come up with a compromise.

Cheers

Summit Car Hire