PayPal Mini Cart

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Paul

This usually means that the

Code: Select all

<script src="./minicart.js" type="text/javascript"></script></head>

is missing from your page header. Going to the PayPal site is the natuaral behaviour and the minicart simply hijacks this command to keep the process on your site.

If it works in preview it sounds like it could be something on your external server preventing the javascript from running. Who is your host provider?

I've just published a test page at http://www.primal-design.co.uk/test/ at it works OK.

Try re inserting the minicart extension. What is your site url so I can have a look.

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 pm

hi Kevin

thank you for your help. i will test your suggestion when i get home.

Thanks for your assistance

Paul

Edited to remove link

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello Kevin

I found it worked if i upload the minicart.js script to the website :oops:

Thanks for the help anyway

Regards

Paul

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Ah. that would be the problem then. If for some reason javascript is not supported the cart is built to decrade back to the paypal cart page and not give a warning message.

I looked at your source code and could not see a problem.

Glad you got it working.

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:43 pm

I've just tried the cart out with a few different buttons and configurations and it seems to work ok.

Are you sure you filled in the item price details on the cart button extension? This is the only way I have been able toreplicate your problem.

Can you provide some more detail about which button you're using (either the WB button or the provided cart button)?

Can you provide a link to the page?

Cheers

kev P

me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Nice indeed!
Click here to check my Pro WB Extensions
Click here to check my Pro WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
---------------------------------------------------------

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello Kevin

is it possible to make the paypal generated buttons work with the minicart?
i could really use this type of button http://justtesting123.comuf.com/index.html

Also regarding the positioning of the dropdown in firefox browsers , i have one page with it on the left and another page where it appears on the right , both pages have identical minicart settings i cant figure what is happening.

edited to add its does the same in google chrome as well

Regards Paul

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello Paul

Yes the paypal generated buttons will work with the cart as long as they are not encrypted. To create a button follow the steps below:

• If you are logged in to paypal.com and are creating or already have a hosted/encrypted button and you'd like to use the Mini Cart you'll need to:

1. Create a button on PayPal's website and uncheck the Save button at PayPal checkbox under Step 2: Track inventory, profit & loss.

2. Once you've created the button click Remove code protection before copying your button's code.

This will provide you with button code you can include on your website and works with the Mini Cart.

• If you are not logged in when you create a button you shouldn't need to do any additional steps to be compatible with the Mini Cart.

Firefox and Chrome usually default the cart to the left side. This is an ongoing issue with these browsers that we are trying to solveby using a javascript object. Not sure what's causing the behaviour you describe. I'll look into it. It works on the right with IE and Opera.

Hope this helps

Kev

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi kevin been working on this myself and believe I have nailed the postioning down in FF and chrome with how I set it up in the mini.js I can select whether to have it dropdown from left or right in FF, chrome I can send it on to you if you had a email that I can send too....you can let me know...

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 pm

That would be very helpful BaconFries. I've not had the time lately to put work into the cart. I kind of got it working using a Javascript object but there are still problems with firefox.
Last edited by kevinp on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi Kevin ok I got your email you van take it down now before the spam bot grab it ... :D will send on files now for you to view...hope this helps...

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Ahh, very good. I haven't got to grips with the xsl files as yet. I'm working on a MYSQL extension (time permitting) which I will need them for. Demo here http://www.aivahealth.co.uk/test2/. Very basic at the moment but will include date field with calendar and blank page search (hopefully).

Thanks for your work BaconFries. The extension was more popular than I expected and I'm sure the forum members will appreciate your efforts greatly.

Thanks again

Kev

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:04 pm

I like the looks of this will be a very handy extension.....anyway glad I could have helped a little with mini cart as said I started work on it myself just to see how far it could go with dropdowns and even checkboxs (not included in the one I sent) still working with checkboxs as it needs a seperate js script to control it...if I get anywhere with I will let you know..

zinc

Post by zinc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:54 am

Guys this is a MUST have extension as it has proved to be so useful, so please keep up the good work and thank you for your hard work.
Good news everyone! COVID-19 is STILL here!

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Baconfries has sorted the position problem out for chrome and firefox and also added a few extras. He's put lot of work into the extension and I'll upload it later tonight when I get home.