DBTS CSV Manager Extension **** 06/11/2011 UPDATE ****

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Re: DBTS CSV Manager Extension **** 06/11/2011 UPDATE ****

Post by BaconFries »

Just a stab in the dark here...I haven't ever used the extension one possible reason why it may not be working is it using MySQL and not MySQLi as may servers now use or require.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

BaconFries wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:44 pm Just a stab in the dark here...I haven't ever used the extension one possible reason why it may not be working is it using MySQL and not MySQLi as may servers now use or require.
It’s only using a text csv file, no MySQL involved.
average2

Post by average2 »

Hello WWBman,
I hate to be such a bother and I appreciate your time…..Here’s what I got ; I have uploaded the complete WBS site to www.howieshipp.com …. You may click the Member Home button. There you can Register New Purchase…you will get a product registration success page… return to Member Home page and attempt to Edit Purchases…..you will get a blank screen…Let me explain… I did not go back and create the second config for the CSV List Management Extension (Column Count, etc…etc) because I wanted you to see this behavior. Here’s what I noticed when I access the page source code on the blank page….the end tags are all missing “</body>”, “</div>”, and “</html>” as far as I can tell. Now I know that the page will not display properly (if at all), if these are missing; but I don’t know why they are missing.
Secondly, if you go ahead and config the CSV List Management Extension, the second time and upload it with the Column Count and the rest of its configuration, and attempt to run the script again, you will get the Column Count error that I explained in the previous post. I did not do the second configuration because it might help you in figuring out what might be happening, that the script will not work. I hope that I have included enough of the web site to be useful.
Thank you for your attentiveness.
average2

Post by average2 »

Also, it might help to know that the form is custom.. from Wizard, using the built-in PHP Form Processor.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

I ran my own old project and I get the same blank page as you get.
I checked my server for any error_log entries and there were none.
This usually indicates there were no php errors.
So I wonder now if I ever had my old project working.

Have you tried the DataViewer extension?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Something may have changed over time with servers (taking a guess) if you go to the following url you will see a "Demos" The only person that could really say is Navaldesign (George) himself to why it not working. Note that the site did have a manual to view but uses "Flash" now deprecated so you can't view. Without sounding rude average2 I think it time to move on and try another extension to meet your needs.

http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb6/DBTS_CSV_Manager/

DBTS CSV Manager WB Extension: The CSV List Object
http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb6/DBTS ... /demo1.php
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

There is also the DataTables(Paid) extension which works fine.
Install the Demo version using the Extension Manager.
average2

Post by average2 »

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the time. I have tried the other two extensions that you mention; but neither will give me the functionality that I require. My members need to be able to update, add, or delete their individual records and just their records. I was trying to avoid MySql database, as it would increase my overhead as compared to a CSV file.
Last edited by average2 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

In that case there is also the CSV CRUD(Paid) extension which works fine.
Install the Demo version using the Extension Manager.
average2

Post by average2 »

The extensions that you mention are fine; but they do not offer record selectivity. I need it to work for a logged in user. These extensions bring back all records, which will not fulfill my needs. If I could add this functionality....they would be great! I also noticed that My DBTS Form Processor would only give errors now as well. It worked perfectly before I went to the lastest version .... WB18.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

I don't know how many members you are expecting in the system but if you haven't looked at the protected page(s) system within WWB there are several included .php files that would allow a logged in user to edit their personal info. It works with a text database or MySQL, which you said you want to avoid. It would be a little of a rewrite but might do what you want.
average2

Post by average2 »

Thanks BK, I might look into that. I had tried the protected page before...might try it in another scenario and see what I get. CSV Management List tool is the ideal platform that I need.