Ajax Live Search Extension Updated 18/5/2010

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
User avatar
kevinp
 
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:

Post by kevinp » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Mmmmmm. That's unusual. I'm using WB 6.5.7 and it seems to work OK so I'm sure that's not the problem.

I'll have a play around with it and see if I can come up with an answer.

User avatar
kevinp
 
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:

Post by kevinp » Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm

I've rebuilt the extension with version 2.2.

Re download and try the new version to see if it works.

You can get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?5zjjkzdyz3y

Hope this helps

gp2727
 
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:40 pm
Location: USA

Post by gp2727 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:23 am

kevinp, here is the dataset .xsl file below you are looking for to update your extension at your leisure:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:template match='/'>
<pages>
<xsl:for-each select="DATASET/ITEM">
<title><xsl:value-of select="TITLE"/></title>
<url><xsl:value-of select="FILENAME"/></url>
</xsl:for-each>
</pages>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

User avatar
kevinp
 
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:

Post by kevinp » Sat May 22, 2010 9:10 am

I'll run a few tests and see what I can come up with. Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been away a lot lately.

User avatar
kevinp
 
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:

Post by kevinp » Sat May 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Ian

I think I've cracked it. It seemed to have lost the link with the control files for some unknown reason.

I've re-built the whole thing, tested it on my server and it seems to work OK so i've updated the link at the beggining of the post to point at the new file.

To let the css file control the font size etc you need to set the document type to 'none' on the page properties 'General' tag.

Give it a try and let me know how you go on.

I'll hopefully be adding a internal dataset soon and possibly (if I can get it to work) a simple database.

Hope this helps

Kev

User avatar
kevinp
 
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:

Post by kevinp » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Looks like a problem with the CSS file which controls the backgroung colour among other things. You need to set the document type to 'none' on the page properties 'General' tag.

I'll have a look and see what Ican come up with to overide this setting.

Post Reply