***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 02/09/2011

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
Navaldesign

Re: ***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 02/09/2011

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:39 am

At the moment your form only estimates an amount. I didn't see any "action" meaning that there is no further processing of the form data.

However, If I have correctly understood, you would like the visitor first to estimate through the first form, then (he) would click the button to receive the mail with the quote ? With, or without the details ?

In all cases, you either need to use events (to make appear the final "submit" button and set the value of some hidden fields) or you should use a two step (=two pages) format, where the second page receives the data from the first and the second submits the received data.

This requires some changes in your form to combine the estimate with a submission, which at the moment you don't have.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

harville

Post by harville » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:48 am

I'm sorry, I must have given you the wrong idea of what I was trying to say. The form in the link is for my personal use only. There would be no visitors. I use it to formulate quotes for clients. Currently that's all it does. What I would like to do is to add a button that when I click it, it takes me to a new page that has the final quote information from the first form contained in a generic response that I can email to my clients. This would cut out the step of me having to go to my email account and manually typing a quote response to my customer. Does this make sense? Sorry for the confusion.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 am

Yes, that's better.
So you can use the form you already have created, and use a "submit" button to send the info to the email address you will be typing. You can use the DBTS Form Processor to send the mail to your customer. However, the "Get Estimate" button should not be a "submit" button, but a "onclick" one, that will trigger the Javascript function to complete the calculations and fill in the fields, then a separate "submit" button can send the mail. In the DBTS Form Processor you can set the "Autoresponder" properties section to send the mail to the customer.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

harville

Post by harville » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:35 am

I'm having some trouble getting the form to work like I want it to. I added a submit button to the form, but I don't know the best way to make the form remember the field values to display them on the second page.

Here is the link to my test first page: http://www.harvilledesign.com/harvilled ... _quote.php
Here is the second page that contains the email portion. This page will send an email correctly, but it's not filling in the text with the selected field values from the first page. http://www.harvilledesign.com/harvilled ... tquote.php. I also would love to be able to use the "Client's Name" field to automatically plug into the text below as well if possible.

The second page has this text which contains php:

Code: Select all

<p name="message">Hello! Here is your requested shirt quote for a <?php echo $_POST["inkcolors"]; ?> color print on <?php echo $_POST["qty"]; ?> shirts.
The shirts would be <?php echo $_POST["wb_pricepershirt"]; ?> each for sizes Youth-Adult XL (2XL/3XL add $2 per shirt).<br>
The total, including any screen charges, shipping, and/or tax would be <?php echo $_POST["wb_clienttotal"]; ?>.<br>
Thanks! I hope to hear back from you soon.</p>
I'm sure this isn't correct, but I can't find any useful info about this through multiple internet searches.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:49 am

You are "POST"ing the data from the first to the second page. A thatpoint, what are your settings for the DBTS Form Processor ? Probably the processor send the mails (or does whatever you have set it to do) and then reloads the page, but at that point no $_POST superglobal exists anymore, so nothing is displayed within your text.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

harville

Post by harville » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:04 am

I sent you the file (from your web contact form) so you could have all the info you need if you have the time to help. Thanks!

harville

Post by harville » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 am

Hi Navaldesign, I finally got it working! However, some of the data from the first form is in a table, not a field. How would I be able to copy the value from the table to display in the second page like the fields do? Thanks.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Add, in the form, a hidden field with the same data as the table.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

harville

Post by harville » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 pm

The only problem with that is the table is empty until I click the Get Estimate button, which then populates the empty tables with the calculations (javascript in the header). If they were static values that would work great (I just tried that as a test and worked great). I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but I'm so close to having this working. Thanks again!

ToBecome

Post by ToBecome » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:37 am

Navaldesign, I'm using the dbts extension and find that everything seems to work fine except for being redirected to the 'success' page. I just can't get it to work. The DBTS Form Processor Properties, under Behavior are as follows:

Copy Field values in SESSION: No
Copy SESSION values in Fields: No
Clear Session Values Before Ending: Yes
After Processing Behaviour: Redirect

The Success URL is set to: success.html. This matches the name of the success page.

I am using the WB form builder and the DBTS Form Process extension.

WWB Captcha Rewrite is set to: Yes
reCAPTCHA Force Verification to: No

The form data is being entered into the database correctly and emails to user and administrator are being sent successfully.

When running DBTS in debug mode it has many notices and a single warning:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/vendor_upload.php:74) in /home/*/public_html/dbts_includes/dbts_formprocessor.php on line 460

Not sure what my next move is. Can you help?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:00 am

If no redirect can take place, most probably there is something that is "echo"ed in the browser before the redirect takes place.

Please post here the PHP code as you can see it WWB.Also please set the Captcha Rerwite to "No" as this is no longer valid, and publish the page and test before posting the code here.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

ToBecome

Post by ToBecome » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:22 am

Changed the Captcha rewrite to: No. Still not working. PHP code exceeds the maximum number of allowed characters for this forum. Do you want me to break it into two posts, post a certain portion of the code, or provide you access?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:03 am

I will need FTP access to your site.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

ToBecome

Post by ToBecome » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 am

I just submitted my ftp login details via your contact page.

ToBecome

Post by ToBecome » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I moved the processor code to the top of the page and it solved the problem of redirecting to the success page! Cheers.