***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 02/09/2011

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
Navaldesign

Re: ***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 02/09/2011

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:00 pm

I need to see the Page HTML, these images don't help.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Sorry, i sending booth files zipped. If need, I can send project file.
kontakt.ZIP

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Your form is processed by the built in form processor. Uncheck the "Use built in form Processor" checkbox in form properties and set the rest of the properties as required.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Navaldesign wrote:Your form is processed by the built in form processor. Uncheck the "Use built in form Processor" checkbox in form properties and set the rest of the properties as required.
When I uncheck this, the HTML mail is comming, but all user typed forms data is missing. Contain all other informations, that is set in DBTS properties - Logo Image, Labels, HTML Body Start and HTML Body End.
em3.gif
The generated kontakt.php is smaller as working file from WWB 9.3 - see included. Missing the class.phpmailer.php section.
kontakt_unchecked.zip
This "Use built in form Processor" is checked in all my project created from WWB 8 to 9.3. and work - in Advanced is Mail Engine set to mail. Maybe change in WWB 9.4? How I add form data to e-mail? You can try this new version with "unchecked version" on http://www.malovanekravaty.cz/TEST/index.html - copy of this email is send to you to entered E-mail.
Stay on version 9.3 it`s not possible in all projects, I made many changes from last five months with version 9.4 (unfortunately I don`t made changes in form to find this problem). Change more than hundred forms in all projects and republish is not good idea and many work, but better as stay on 9.3. But i hope, that you find, where is problem. Many thanks for you help.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 pm

When you unchecked the "Use built in form processor" the encoding type was automatically changed to "text/plain" . Set it to be "Multipart / form data" otherwise the data is not passed to the script.

Please read the DBTS Form Processor manual.
From the manual:

The Form and its settings:
DBTS Form Processor does NOT create the form for you!
You need to create a form in your page using the WB Form Wizard or the WB form
tools. Once you have created the form, make sure to respect the following
settings:
The form page MUST be published as PHP.
The form action MUST be set to be “<?php echo basename(__FILE__);?>
The form encoding type MUST be “multipart/form-data”
The submit button MUST be named “submit” though its value can be anything
(like “Send”, “Send Info Now” or anything else).
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks, I found problěm - WWB from 8 to 9.3 version accept checked "Use built in form processor" and generate code for DBTS and this work OK, although this was my mistake in this settings. With 9.4.4 this functionality has been generating code proces changed (generated code is in different order) and DBTS stop working - the email is send using standard WWB functionality. But when i uncheck Use built in form processor" in 9.4.4 version, the showed form action code <?php echo basename(__FILE__);?> wil be deleted. I don`t know why, maybe during converting file from 9.3 version to 9.4 is set in this "something wrong", but when I set this again, all works OK. Many thanks for you excellent support and extension.

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 am

George, I'm having an issue that I just cannot figure out. The form processor is working great, except it will not go to the success page. It keeps returning to the form.php page. I've tried using http:// in the success field of the extension. I've tried ./ and no prefix. I just cannot get it to go to the success page. Otherwise it works perfectly. The auto responder, form results email, etc all work flawlessly.

What could I be I missing?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:10 am

Did you correctly set the property "D. Behaviour" --> After Processing Behaviour" to "Redirect" ? Or maybe you have accidentally set it to "Display the page without refresh" ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:01 am

Oh man, that was it. After Processing Behavior. I missed it. Thank you so much.

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm having trouble getting the table into the database I set up on this GoDaddy hosting. After I publish, the database in phpMyAdmin shows no tables found. I have Create Table and Add Columns set to yes, and have triple checked the host, name, un, pw.

Are there any common errors made that I can check? i cannot figure out why no tables are being built.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:16 am

Of course, without seeing exactly your settings, it is hard to say what is going on.

However, you can set the "Functioning mode" to "Debug" and see what errors are reported by the script.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:05 pm

OK I'm all set. I cannot explain this, but I deleted the database and started over with a new one. Now everything is working perfectly.

What an amazing extension. Thank you George.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:59 pm

From your description, most probably the user you had created for the previous database didn't have permissions to create the table.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:08 pm

You're probably right. I just went in, deleted the database and started all over by setting up a new one. I may have done something different in the second.

Definitely user error! :lol:

Thanks George

harville

Adding info from a form to a page

Post by harville » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 am

I've got a form that I use for personal use that does calculations so I can give someone a quote by just entering certain numbers into a form (example: Shirt price: $2.50, ink colors: 2, quantity: 50, profit margin: 50%, etc.) and when I click the submit button it displays the quote for me, along with my estimated profit. What I'd like to do next is add a button that when clicked it will open a generic quote form like: Hello John, your quote would be (here is where the quote from the other form would display) for x amount of shirts. I would then type in their email address and click send to send them the generated quote that was put into the second form.

Here is the link to my cost calculator if it will help give you a better idea. http://www.harvilledesign.com/harvilled ... stcal.html

I'm guessing this is where I would use either the Behavior section or the Further Posting section, but I'm at a loss of what I'm actually supposed to do with that. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!