***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 02/09/2011

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Normally, it should allow you to add the link directly in the HTML Textbox that appears when you click to edit the html message.

Do you have WB6 or WB7 ?

Is the HTML Box extension installed ? If not, it will not actually allow you to use the built in HTML editor, it will only display a text editor that has no ability to insert hyperlinks. If instead you have the HTML Extension installed, the html editor allows you to select the text you want to hyperkink and link it as you like.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 am

Using WB7 and have the Html TextBox extension. When I click to edit the html message I can see where the hyperlink button is but it is 'greyed' out even when I highlight some text I would like to link from and doesn't allow me to select the button

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 am

You are right, it was working perfectly in WB6, probably there is some glitch now in WB7 due to the different folder structure WB7 uses.

I will investigate and let you know.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:53 am

Ok, here is what is going on.

In WB7 the extensions are installed in documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions.

However, it seems that IF an extension uses another extension as resource (in this case, DBTS Form Processor uses the HTML textbox as resource), the resource extension must also be in the programs\WYSIWYG Web Builder 7 folder.

Solution: copy the HTML Textbox .wbx file, from the documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions.
into the programs\WYSIWYG Web Builder 7 folder
www.dbtechnosystems.com

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:19 am

Thanks Naval

Tony

Order of fields in received email

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi,
I'm using the autoresponder in DBTS. In the received email with confirmation of the data fields, all but one of the fields is listed in the correct order. I've used Arrange Objects on the form and have bumped up the field to its correct place in the order of fields but it has no effect on the order in the email.

It's minor, among the data the user enters, there are two fields that would be nice displayed one after the other. Currently even though the 2 fields appear one after the other on the form and in the Arrange Objects list, one of the fields 5 fields too far down in the email.

The fields are Edit boxes and I'm collecting people's email addresses for a school directory.

thanks.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:13 pm

The field order doesn't depend on the processor, it is in the order the form posts the fields.

I'm sure that you can fix it applying, once more, the old good trick:

Right click the field you need first, and from the context menu select "Move to Front"

Repeat for all fields, in the desired order, including your "submit" and "reset" buttons.

Save, Publish, Refresh your page (browser) before testing
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Patrik iden

Re: ***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 16/02/2010

Post by Patrik iden » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi, i got this working whit my form now, but how can i change this lines in the recived mail?

Change this:

Time of submission
IP Address
Wednesday 29th September 2010, 8:05 PM
No user input
Webmaster

To this:

Tidpunkten för inlämnandet
IP Adress
Onsdag September 29 2010, 20:05
Inget val
Admin or my webpage address

And if a person fills in the form and send it, webmaster get's the mail, but not the person that filled in the form? i have yes in send autorespond mail.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 pm

The technicasl details text can't be changed.

The autoresponder should be sent if it is set to "Yes". If not, there are a couple of possible reasons:

1. Your form visitor email address field is NOT named "email" . Make sure it is named "email" all lower case.
2. The mail is sent but it is blocked by your ISP
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:06 am

The extension doesn't create a form in your page, you need to add the form in the page using WB's standard form tools, and then add the extension to PROCESS the form submission.

Pls read carefully the instructions in the Manual.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Re: ***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 8/10/2010

Post by Navaldesign » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:14 pm

This is a maintanance update.

Since the official Recaptcha Extension has been released, some days ago, there has been a conflict with the DBTS Recaptcha Extension, due to the fact that both extensions had the same filename.

To fix this issue and be able to use both extensions, the DBTS Recapctha extension has been updated, with filename changed from reCAPTCHA.wbx to dbts_recaptcha.wbx

However, if your project ALREADY contained the dbts recaptcha objects and you installed the official one, you will have problems: pages and entire folders where pages containing the old dbts reCAPTCHA object are truncated! And, if by mistake you "Save" your project, you will be loosing these pages.

If you never had installed and used the DBTS Recaptcha extension, there is no issue: you can install and use the (new) DBTS REcaptcha and the Official Recaptcha extension as you would normally do.

If, instead, you had already installed the DBTS Recaptcha extension BEFORE October 08, 2010, this is the procedure to follow:

1. Open WB7. Do NOT open your project.
2. Uninstall the official recaptcha extension.(IF you had installed it already)
3. Download and install the new dbts_recaptcha, which no longer conflicts with the official recaptcha.
4. Replace, in all pages where this is required, the old dbts_recaptcha with the new one. This is handy at this point as you can see and copy paste properties from the old object to the new one. Once done with the new one, delete the old dbts_recaptcha object
5. When done through all pages, Save your project.
6. Restart WB7
6. Uninstall the old dbts_recaptcha extension.
7. Install the official recaptcha extension
8. Open your project and see if you get error messages.

If you still do, please check carefully, as you might have missed some page (As I did) where the old dbts_recaptcha object still exists.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Tony

Re:

Post by Tony » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Navaldesign wrote:The field order doesn't depend on the processor, it is in the order the form posts the fields.
I'm sure that you can fix it applying, once more, the old good trick:
Right click the field you need first, and from the context menu select "Move to Front"
Repeat for all fields, in the desired order, including your "submit" and "reset" buttons.
Save, Publish, Refresh your page (browser) before testing
Hi George,
Thanks for the tip, had a chance to check again and re-try setting the field order by Move-To-Front, but no luck. I rebuilt the form from scratch and the order works correctly now. Probably I played around with the form so much before I introduced something unintentional.

-Tony

freymann

Post by freymann » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Naval.

I have one client whose contact form is generating 'blank' entries. All I get is:

There has been a new submission from our Website form. Here is the info submitted:
Please review and act accordingly.
Time of submission : Wednesday 17th November 2010, 2:49 AM
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; Win32; WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5)
IP Address : 221.0.102.10

The "WinHttpRequest.5" seems to relate to a screen scraper of some type.

The field validation and requirement seems to be all done in Java, I don't see anything carried over into the php script itself to enforce required fields.

This leads me to believe it's possible for somebody to submit the form and bypass the Java validation/required fields, but I don't know how they would be getting past the captcha form code.

Has this come up before? where empty submissions are being delivered back to the site owner?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 pm

A link to the form page pls ?

The only case where this was presented before was when a user had set the form encoding type to text/plain instead of the correct multipart/form-data.

The processor has no validation routines, you can add PHP validation, if you like, through the "includes"
www.dbtechnosystems.com

freymann

Post by freymann » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Navaldesign wrote:A link to the form page pls ?

The only case where this was presented before was when a user had set the form encoding type to text/plain instead of the correct multipart/form-data.

The processor has no validation routines, you can add PHP validation, if you like, through the "includes"
I just checked the form type and it seems fine.

http://www.xtrememotorsportscobourg.com/contact-us.php

Thanks...