***UPDATED*** DB Technosystems Form Processor 02/09/2011

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
RonHills

ABVFP

Post by RonHills » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Good afternoon, George;

Can I safely assume that ABVFP must be completely removed before downloading and installing this new form processor?

Is there a simple way to copy the data from the ABVFP database to the new database created for DBTS form processor?

Thanks for the great work!
Ron Hills
Johnson City, NY USA

www.TheRaceReport.TV
www.sal-pa.org
www.sal-pa-dist15.org
www.panelsert.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:19 pm

ABVFP is an online processor, so you don't need to remove it in order to work with the DBTS Form Processor Extension.

You can use the same Database, and probably (never tried it) the same table . Simply specify, in the DBTS Form processor properties, the same database and table as well as username and password.

You might want to make a test submission, as the column names created by DBTS FP might be slightly different from those created by ABVFP. I suggest the following procedure:

1. Make a test submission with the DBTS FP (to the same DB - table)
2. Enter your hosting account, phpMyAdmin, select the database and table used till now.
3. See if DBTS FP has added new columns, similar to those created previously by ABVFP.
4. If you have similar names (example: timestamp and Timestamp), DROP the newly created column, then RENAME the corresponding columns created in the past by ABVFP to have the same name as the new ones created by DBTS FP.

At this point you should be done.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

RonHills

ABVFP vs DBTS FP

Post by RonHills » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply!

What are the PROS and CONS of using DBTS FP versus using ABVFP?

Also: Previously in this thread questions were asked about attachments and maximum file size. I can't remember what the site was, but a while back I uploaded severals photos and each time I added another photo it displayed the TOTAL upload file size. When I reached the maximum it showed a warning that I had exceeded the max upload allowed.

Obviously there was some knid of script running in the background (maybe ajax?) updating the total size. This might be a nice addition at some point in the future to either or both form processors.

Thanks again for all your help!
Ron Hills
Johnson City, NY USA

www.TheRaceReport.TV
www.sal-pa.org
www.sal-pa-dist15.org
www.panelsert.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi Ron,

The only thing that ABVFP has which is not present in the DBTS FP is the field validation using PHP. Which, with a little of php experience, can be added as include.

DBTS FP instead has LOTS of additional features compared to ABVFP (which is now being developed as a professional script, in its 3rd version, and will include these features) :

Includes, HTML enail, mail engine control, attachments to the autoresponder mail, logo in the mails, customizable look of the mails, storage of info in CSV file, file type validation, total attachment size (not real time though, as you suggested), multipage form support, preview / confirmation page, recaptcha support, form fields values preservation, ability to include or not technical info, etc. See the first page in the DBTS FP thread to see the features.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

daviddluckett

problem with sesion

Post by daviddluckett » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:54 am

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by ( on line 8)

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent ( on line 8

Why am I getting these errors when I try to load this sample form?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:14 am

Sample form ? Not sure what you mean.

Do you have other code in the Start of Page ?

If Yes, pls remove it. the processor code must be the very first code in the page code. Even a white line is output to the browser, thus causing the above error.

If you wish, copy / paste your page code here so i can see what your issue is.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

chattd

Ticket system

Post by chattd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Happy New Year

Hi, Is there anyway to add a ticket system instead of replying via email address, Example http://www.svp.co.uk/contact.php
http://www.svp.co.uk/recall_messages.php

star57

Post by star57 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:00 am

Navel,
Been watching the streams here on the forum, I wanted to be one of the many to say a big thank you for all the hard work and responses.

Thanks

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Star,

Thank you, very kind of you.

Have a wonderful 2010!
www.dbtechnosystems.com

DarrenH

Post by DarrenH » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi George

Could you please help me with the form.

I have made a normal form in WB6 and set the properties in the form to this:

Action= (it's blank)

Method = post

Encoding type = multipart/form-data

I have unticked the built in php form processorpart of the WB6 form properties

Next I have put your extension on the page, and filled in relevant data that I require.

On my server in the public_html folder I have created a directory called "xyz123" and in there put a filename called "name.pdf"

In the auto responder of the form I want the attachment "name.pdf" to be attached to the person who has filled in the email form

As the administrator I get the sign up form part ok. As the visitor to the site I get the form auto responder, but no attachment.

I have tried putting different things in the attachment part of your autoresponder settings of your extesnion - eg /xyz123/name.pdf
and http://www.mydomain.com/xyz123/name.pdf and also moved the "name.pdf into the directory "dbts_includes" on the server but the visitor still gets no attachment.

Any ideas?

Thank you as always

T

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Darren,

Which version of the processor do you have ?

There has been a version, (2.1.6 if i recall) which had a bug regarding the attachments. It had been fixed on the 2.1.7 version.

If you have an older version, pls update.

If you are using the latest version, the only possible explanation is that you have set wrong filename or wrong path to the file.

In which folder do the files reside ? and how did you type the file names in the extension ?

If none of the above solves the issue, pls forward me you project.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

All variables and values are contained in an array named $PREVIEW
To see the variables names and values add the following in a HTML box in your page:

<?php
print_r($PREVIEW);
?>

It will display all variable pairs (name / value) available.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

DarrenH

Post by DarrenH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Thank you George

Updated to latest version and working perfectly.

Outstanding extension.

:D

tdr

Substitute different text for field value using DBTS preview

Post by tdr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 am

Is it possible to show substitute text for a field value when using DBTS preview on a page?

I explain my question using a very trivial example:

On a form I have a check box for colour. The name of the color is "powder coat midnight blue". I store the color in a CSV file, and rather than store the long string of text, I would prefer to store something shorter, say colour code = 1234. The check box is optional, so it can also default to no value.

On clicking submit, I would then like to bring up a success page using DBTS preview, and have meaningful custom text e.g. "you selected power coat midnight blue" (not the stored field value of 1234).

Is this possible? I have tried to use a PHP If statement in the "before HTML" section of the text block, but not having any luck.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:35 am

Use the Short form for the color, in the form field.

I will assume that the checkbox name is "colour".

Since the submission has already taken place, (Preview used only as confirmation) then you should simply add some code in preview object HTML, Before Tag:

<?php
if ($PREVIEW['colour'] != ""){
$PREVIEW['colour'] = "replacement text";
}
?>

If you have in the future multiple colours to select from using radio buttons, the code should be:

<?php
$colours = array("1234" => "powder coat midnight blue", "1235" = "another colour", "1236" => "yet another one")
$PREVIEW['colour'] = $colours[$PREVIEW['colour']];
?>
www.dbtechnosystems.com