BackBox Image Viewer **Updated 25/06/11**

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Hi all, I think this extension is now perfect thanks to BF, here is a demo link

http://www.schryver-restoration.com/tes ... page9.html#

BF has updated the first post with a new download, let us know you get on.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmmm is it to early to do this......thanks morgan
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Hmmmm is it to early to do this......thanks morgan
LOL BF Hats off to you for trying so hard. Well done! Quality work as always!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Let give praise to Star the orininal author who spent time giving this to us in the first place...:D
morgan

Post by morgan »

Hi BF & Star, I have removed all the test links and replaed the demo link. I think that this extension has great potential and hope this site will show it off. Well done to you both. :D

http://www.schryver-restoration.com/page10.html#
star57

Post by star57 »

No, I started it, Baconfires is making it perfect. To those that know what went on. Thanks.

I am still making it back slowly and at Awe of the progress that Baconfries has made. It is no longer mine and all credit goes to him!

Again THANKs and Backbox is no longer mine. So Creidt is due to him>

Keith
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks Keith just wanted to pass some credit to you as you did start this great extension... Looks like it going as it should...just to let you know that how you made the backbox has helped me greatly to make a new version of the Highslide Mini Gallery extension which I will be releasing soon after testing. Good to hear you are getting back if I can say "normal" it takes time....but you will.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Keith good to have you back! You did start a fantastic extension and BF did his best and between you two you have a cracking one. I was saying to BF that only now I can see its full potential and already lined it up for a clients website and it really fits the bill. So welldone to both of you!!! Quality Work!
morgan

Post by morgan »

Hi sneil69, I would like to see it once you use it, sometimes when you see things used by other people it can open your eyes.

Cheers
zinc

Post by zinc »

morgan wrote:Hi sneil69, I would like to see it once you use it, sometimes when you see things used by other people it can open your eyes.

Cheers
OK Will do.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Yer Thanks, we all need help sometimes. :lol:
morgan

Post by morgan »

Hi BF, I see backbox is keeping you busy. :D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi morgan as always lol ..... I havnt forgotting what you were asking about about with cylex-uk have got it to a point of working... will let you know more ....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 12/05/10*** New download available from the first posting
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***05/07/10***
Backbox has been updated
BaconFries

Re: BackBox Image Viewer **Updated 05/07/10**

Post by BaconFries »

:) Happy your issue is now resolved...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ P_A_P_Y Ok I have just tried the extension I added 10 photos/images and it works as it should :D I would check the naming of all your images used please ensure that there is no white spaces or any special characters etc, please also ckeck that you have uploaded all images used if there are any images missing then it will fail to load as the extension cannot find it and hence it not going to the next image....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok I have just tried what I think you are trying to do and it seems to work here is what I done:

1. Drag a Layer to page.
2. Drag the BB extension to page.
3. Add some images to the extension.
4. Drag the extension ontop of layer.
5. Add a shape to page add a event onclick show/hide with slide right (Layer1)
6. Open in Preview click Shape the Layer shows (slides) in from right or Hides

I have also tried with the WB Youtube Object and this also works as mentioned above, please ensure that you have not Disabled IE security warning during preview as this may stop the script from running correct as it is required that you allow the script to run...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have just tried and tested in IE8 and it seems to working as it should....without seeing what you have done I cannot say if you can provide a url I will take a look and may be able to give you a better answer...
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

I'm running into an arrangement issue. No matter what I do, I cannot get Backbox to stay on top of any of the other page elements.

http://www.stopgreenpath.com/dsenergy/backbox.html

The image of the guy in the attic testing the AC unit is the backbox thumbnail (upper right side). On the workpage it is on top of the other images, but not in preview. Using the arrangement buttons to bring backbox forward and the other objects to the back does not help.

Any ideas?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Looks like a simple z-index order with the <div> </div> with the backbox I will fix this later tomorrow as it is after midnight here in the UK...:)
protectourlands

Super! You're the best. Thank you so much.
protectourlands

BF I just found something else. The "Slide Duration" value does not populate the "var loopInterval = xxxx" in line 1 of the lightbox.js file. Instead it seems there is a default setting of 3500 regardless of what value is chosen for the Slide Duration in the extension. Consequently the auto slide is always set to 3.5 sec interval.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The reason why this doest work is it is not part of the variables in the extension and never has been, there is a slide duration that is set between 1000 and 9000 which is a different variable from what you mention, there is also a loop that can be set to yes or no by using 0 or 1 but there has never been a variable for loopinterval in the extension as I never used this from the lightbox.js file.....
protectourlands

My fault. I apologize.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Nah no apoligise needed I will look at it and see about adding this I will test it a little just to make sure that it doesnt conflicyt with anything else in the script, I have already sorted the <div></div> issue and was about to upload...I will hold off so I can test then other varaible first...
protectourlands

I'm looking forward to it. Thank you BaconFries.

This is one of the best photo album extensions available because it allows the use of only 1 thumbnail, and it gives the user the ability to choose between manual and auto.

SPLENDID!
protectourlands

Re: BackBox Image Viewer **Updated 23/06/11**

Works perfectly BaconFries. Thank you so much.
protectourlands

I chimed in too soon. It now appears to conflict with the standard WB Slideshow. The WB slideshow on the same page no longer slides. Could it be a jQuery conflict?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmm yer it looks like it dont know why as I had modified the files so that there wouldnt be this issue if you take a look at first posting you will see that this was done ***Update 5/07/10*** to fix this, I will try to see what may be wrong, I will try tomorrow but I am going to be away (supposed to be anyway) but I will try to fit in if I can....
protectourlands

No worries BaconFries. Not worth spoiling your plans over. I appreciate all your efforts.
BaconFries

Re: BackBox Image Viewer **Updated 25/06/11**

Post by BaconFries »

BackBox Image Viewer **Updated 25/06/11**
protectourlands

Working perfectly! Thank you so much.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Not from within the extensions variables themselves sorry...you would have to manually do this via the css..
If you wish to try this you will need to open the backbox.css file and look for background-color: #000;
#overlay{ position: fixed; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 90; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #000; } and change this to what color you wish....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

1. I guess that the "next" and "previous" arrows that appear in other lightbox extensions when the mouse is hovered over the picture isn't available for this
Correct that is the purpose of the next previuos text...
I know there is already the "Previous" and "Next" text links but just wondered as it appears that if you do click the left and right side of an image it navigates back or forward - but I discovered that by chance
This is how all lightbox scripts work if you were to remove the next/previous images form lets say the WB lightbox extension it will still allow you to scroll through the images inserted this is because the code is still required in the script to work and not the images
2. I have 24 images all the same size so is it possible to not have the text and info slide down to "reveal itself" when each slide shows? Is there a way to simply dissolve through to the next full image with info and text already there etc without the reveal?
As far as I know this is not possible
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok, I have tested the extension on the machine I am using at present using IE 6/7/8, and it opens and displays all photos I have used, ... I would check the naming of the images first please enuse that they do net have any space in them or any invalid character in them, secondly when you try to preview internet explorer will give a security warning at the top of the page you must allow this or the script cannot run and the image will not open in the lightbox window if that fails please provide a url so that I may take a look to see what may be wrong....
protectourlands

Try selecting the "Emulate IE8" in the Page properties > Internet Explorer > Compatibility.

I use this extension a lot and don't have this problem.
protectourlands

Your Doc type is set for XHTML and your compatibility is set for IE 9.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Question when you are trying to preview in WB do you get a security warning at the top of the browser page?? if your getting this then you must allow this...or the lightbox window woont open this is a IE Browser requirement

You can set the docytpe in WB Page Properties>General>Doctype it shoild either be set to HTML4.01 or XHTML or HTML5...please provide a url so I can check this whether it workds for you or not I need to see what you may have done...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The url you have gave doesnt lead to anywhere you have either mistyped or it is not available as of yet
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

From what I have tried using images from your page in backbox myself it works...:) the only thing I can see that may be stopping it is the animate script ypu have added in the body tag this is breaking the backbox try removing that and check again....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Your welcome I will see If I can get the animate script to work along with it if your really want it...be patient with this as I need a bit of time to test a workaround for this....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@protectourlands I want to thank you for your input on this :D turns out it was a conflict with scripts. :roll:
protectourlands

I'm glad you found it. You always do.

This is still one of my favorite extensions. :D