5 Star + Thumb + Hearts Rate Extension + translate variable

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!

Postby Eddy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:21 pm

I`am not the developer from this script or a php coder,i did build an extension so you can easy insert this script in your webbuilder pages.
I can make little changes in the code so that it works in webbuilder but that`s all I can do.

Developer from this script: Gr0w
http://gr0w.com/articles/code/php_5_sta ... g_hreview/
Eddy

Postby Zagareth » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:54 pm

ok, here is a quick solution to simply show the right result in numbers, w/o a change in the stars:
Code: Select all
// Assign star image
if ($rater_rating <= 0  ){$rater_stars = "./stars/00star.png";$rater_stars_txt="Not Rated!";}
if ($rater_rating >= 0.5){$rater_stars = "./stars/05star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 1  ){$rater_stars = "./stars/1star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 1.5){$rater_stars = "./stars/15star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 2  ){$rater_stars = "./stars/2star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 2.5){$rater_stars = "./stars/25star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 3  ){$rater_stars = "./stars/3star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 3.5){$rater_stars = "./stars/35star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 4  ){$rater_stars = "./stars/4star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 4.5){$rater_stars = "./stars/45star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}
if ($rater_rating >= 5  ){$rater_stars = "./stars/5star.png";$rater_stars_txt="$rater_rating";}

replace the fix numbers: 0.5, 1, 1.5... 5 that are in the section // Assign Star Image in the file rater.php at the end of each line by the expression $rater_rating.

The above posted code works fine. If you make more "if" lines with a step of 0.2 and apply new stars to it, you can even make the stars more accurate. I still have no clue how to setup this in a WB extension, so its your job to make it :D
Zagareth

Postby Eddy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:47 pm

I inserted your code in this download but with 0.2 and than more stars the rater gets to width,now you have 5 stars but with 10 stars you get a huge rater layout.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Eddy on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddy

Postby Zagareth » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Eddy wrote:I inserted your code in this download but with 0.2 and than more stars the rater gets to width,now you have 5 stars but with 10 stars you get a huge rater layout.

http://www.filedropper.com/starrater

You got me wrong. Not 10 stars, just 5 stars, but with a step of 0.2 than 0.5. That are 25 images instead of the current 10. Thelayout is still the same, but the shown image would be more accurate to the real number.

And a huge thx for the quick change :)

Btw, the downloadfile is not the same as the starrater_translate.zip, is it? Because that is the one Im using... so if you change that too in the next future, let me know :D
Zagareth

Postby Eddy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 pm

You got me wrong. Not 10 stars, just 5 stars, but with a step of 0.2 than 0.5. That are 25 images instead of the current 10. Thelayout is still the same, but the shown image would be more accurate to the real number.

Sorry, I`am not going to make 25 images with steps of 0.2 its a lot work ( 0.2 = 1 star in 5 parts ) that would 75 images for stars,hearts and thumbs.

Btw, the downloadfile is not the same as the starrater_translate.zip, is it?
Because that is the one Im using... so if you change that too in the next future, let me know

Translated version.
http://www.filedropper.com/starratertr

I did made the change for you, but dont update all other rate extensions,you are the first user who ask this after 300 downloads.
Eddy

Postby Zagareth » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Great work. Its already in use now and works fine.
Well, its not really needed to improve the images. It was just an idea.

But still, I would make it an offical change (not the images, just the shown value), because every other kind of rater I've seen on other websites use a more accurate rater than in 0.5 steps. But thats your decision.

Thank you very much for the effort. :D
Zagareth

More than 80?

Postby Chasetwins » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Has there been an update or upgrade to the extension to allow you to use on more than 80 pages?

If not, is there an alternate way of doing so? I love the extension but need it on more than 80 pages...

I have tried other options outside of the builder and they are either too difficult to install or do not work with my server.
I have installed and used this one and with the exception of the page limit - love it!

Thanks!
Chasetwins

Postby Eddy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 pm

No,but I have changed it in this version to 800 for you.

Temporary download.
http://www.filedropper.com/starratertr65800
Eddy

Thanks!

Postby Chasetwins » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Awesome!!
THANK YOU!!! Going to upload & install now : )
Chasetwins

Postby DarrenH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi Eddy

This is what I posted in the general section:

"When they enter the password they can then vote. But my problem is when a vote is taken, the page then goes back to the password protected page and says password not valid.

How can I overcome this? I know it's code related - maybe a session - any help or ideas?"

Someone best sumed up what I want to do in your star rater section:

brassnugget wrote:Great extension, really useful - just a thought, would be even better ( for my purposes anyway) if placing a comment required a login ie only registered members can place a rating.

That's what I want to do. Do you know how to achieve this??

Any ideas?

Thanks for the hard work and invluable contributions
DarrenH

Postby JimmyJazz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm also searching for a star rater combined with comment, is this achievable with this extension?
JimmyJazz

Postby Eddy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:02 am

Sorry DarrenH and JimmyJazz I do not know how to code php to make it work in password protected pages or how to combine a comment box with the star rater. :?
Eddy

Re: 5 Star + Thumb + Hearts Rate Extension + translate varia

Postby carib64 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 am

Hi Eddie. i love this extension. Can you please give me a link to download the version that allows for 800 pages? Thanks in advance.
carib64

Postby ddlg2007 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Eddy hello long time without giving you feedback. I tried using the extension and has not been possible. I used WWB version 7.5 and above. For some unknown reason does not work so I tried a local server (XAMPP) and a server 000host.com both have php. WWB Confugure to have php file extension, etc. It did not work. Nothing appears on the page, it shows the code as dispersed as set WWB. Can you help?
ddlg2007

Postby carib64 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Eddy. Any chance of getting the "star rater" that allows for 800 pages?
carib64

PreviousNext

Return to Share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder