SUGGEST FOR EXTENSION DEVELOPMENT

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
BaconFries

Re: SUGGEST FOR EXTENSION DEVELOPMENT

Post by BaconFries » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:44 pm

@naftalina if possible please provide a URL to a script that can be used freely, non commercial and that it allows distribution by this that it can be made into an extension and offered to others...

bobh

Requested extension

Post by bobh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Requested extension:
An extension that displays pages, in single page or two-page booklet format, and allows "flipping" the page so it kind of looks like reading a book. This is not uncommon on the internet, now. Pages presumably are either images or PDF. I would like to be able to print pages. I don't know what I'm saying, but there appear to be some jquery or html5 code or apps on the internet that do variations of this. May also be flash, though that is probably less preferable. Turn.js appears not to including printing. Fliphtml5 is full featured, but is very expensive or the free version is crippled and watermarked. There probably are other examples out there. Integration into WYSIWYG would be optimal

Thanks for making this happen.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:15 am

If you can provide a URL to such a script that must be free, non commercial (Paid) as it is not possible to use paid for scripts due to license, copyright restrictions and factthey cannot be shared then maybe someone may consider making such a extension...

bobh

Post by bobh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:49 am

I did not intend to suggest taking commercial scripts that are already out there. Only that there are page flipping applications on the internet that illustrate the goal. I don't know enough about jquery and html5 (like, basically nothing) to know what would be involved in creating the page flipping effect. It might be relatively easy, or not. That's the reason to request an extension.

naftalina

Post by naftalina » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:18 pm

... so!
Apartmans Rent - Booking?!
I need something same or similar.
http://bydanimarti.com/themes/wordpress/rentyourhouse/
(click on: "Book Now".

zinc

Post by zinc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:21 pm

Looks like a form with calendar to me.

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:02 pm

naftalina

I recommend PHP Jabbers for online booking apps. They are not cheap but a single developer license allows use for multiple sites. No monthly fees! They have several booking systems available, from apartment rentals to vacation rentals to car repair appointments. Plus most of their apps are responsive and their support is excellent.

https://www.phpjabbers.com/

SKW

Post by SKW » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi,

I've just started designing a water themed website:

I would like to purchase something on the lines of the following from, say, Shutterstock:

Link: http://ak2.picdn.net/shutterstock/video ... een-hd.mp4

I would then like to have the video clip set to "Loop" and set it to full screen and also set it so that, upon mouse/keyboard inactivity for a given period of time, whilst on the website, this clip would be invoked (like a screensaver) but cancelled to reveal the webpage, again, as and when the mouse or keyboard were used.

Am I asking too much? :?

Thanks in advance.

:)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:47 pm

SKW wrote:upon mouse/keyboard inactivity for a given period of time, whilst on the website
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=61379

mustafa.gramocelji

Post by mustafa.gramocelji » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:40 pm

https://musefree.com/demo/animation/11/index.html

Posible to make this or something like this as free extension ?

maxime

Post by maxime » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:10 pm

There is a new extension suggestion for those who create extension. This one surely will be a good seller.

Can somebody make a registration extension with the abilty to add a photo or avatar, register with facebook,twitter,google and then when the user signup he can go in protected page and then see his name, photo on the protected page. Course should have also the ability to make change of his profile and the admin should also have the ability to manage the registration.

MichaelLloyd

Responsive Accordion Text widget/extension

Post by MichaelLloyd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Presenting descriptive text in a functional and aesthetically pleasing way is a critical and fundamental need for many websites. I feel this extension would be a well received addition to Web Builder capability.

Please implement this responsive accordion text widget as a WB Extension. Doing this myself would require a significant learning curve. However I would be happy to assist in dissecting this widget to determine configuration components and unnecessary code elements.

Unsatisfied with the functionality, capability and/or presentation of available accordion text elements, I hunted for and tested text accordions to find ideal functionality and aesthetic presentation.

Main Requirements:
  • Responsive and mobile friendly
    Accordion starts with all sections closed
    Section height determined by content of each section (height of sections not same)
    Only one section is open at a time (other section automatically closes)
The text accordion widget I found is extremely good, completely free and open source, with no usage restrictions. The only requirement is that the license details be included in use and distribution. I requested the developer make a modification to the text accordion that enables it to be initially presented with all sections closed to improve presentation. This modification has been implemented.

Among http://rodrigoludgero.com/rlaccordion/rlaccordion.html the example "Mix Settings" has the most useful behavior, with my modification included, shown below labeled "Corrected code:" (my modification includes both a correction and setting change)

https://github.com/Rodrigo-Ludgero/rlaccordion
https://plugins.jquery.com/rlAccordion
http://rodrigoludgero.com/rlaccordion/rlaccordion.html
- Example labeled "Mix Settings" is the preferred behavior, with minor modifications (below).

There is a minor (and easily fixed) error in the current implementation, introduced when recently enhanced. Below is my code correction, which has been submitted to the developer to be implemented in the original:

In 'js' folder, the file 'scripts.js' contains the following code:
Code containing error:
$("#thirth").rlAccordion('mix', {
childNum: 4
});

Corrected code:
$("#thirth").rlAccordion('mix', {
childNumOptions: false
});

"childNum:" must be changed to "childNumOptions:" to function correctly.
"#thirth" should be spelled "#third", though functions correctly as the referencing element in rlaccordion.html is same.
Last edited by MichaelLloyd on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:34 pm

I believe the WB Accordion with Jordan's Accordion Manipulation extension does all this and more.

http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... on#p204829

haakoo

Post by haakoo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:18 pm

MichaelLloyd

Re: Responsive Accordion Text widget/extension

Post by MichaelLloyd » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 am

No doubt Jordan's extensions are excellent, and an impressive addition to WB.

The extension I would like to see is different.
Though Jordan's accordion extension (jor_accordionManipulation 2.0) allows for non-text elements (which is useful though not always relevant). Seems Jordan's accordion extension is not responsive, unless I'm missing something? I did look at it and all of Jordan's extensions prior to posting, from descriptions and demos it does not appear to be responsive. If there are responsive aspects they are quite different from my proposal.

My suggested text accordion allows developers to horizontally size as appropriate, with the accordion maintaining relative horizontal size as the browser is adjusted, becoming full width when it reaches mobile size. This behavior is very different from Jordan's version, and ideal for many uses.

Further, the proposed text accordion automatically changes vertical size based on content, which will be different with different screen/browser widths. Jordan's accordion element requires user configurable (hard) vertical spacing, which does not dynamically adjust.

I believe these differences and benefits make this text accordion extension both useful and significant.