NEWS LETTER & MAILING LIST Extension!

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

yettyn wrote:I understand the problematic with standalone scripts, maybe an improvement for the extensionbuilder having a flag set on a file "only upload if not exists" or something like that.

Otherwise I think cut and paste is the only working way, maybe html but it often doesn't do enough, but if you e.g. cjange languare it's detected as a changed file ehhg and gets replaced.

I any case, could I ask you to release the extension source, actually you are obligated to according to GPL, and I could do my own default adjustments and possibly also contribute with some improvements.

Not to be critical, it's great you produce so many extensions for people to use, but they sometimes lack that "final touch", as I understand you like to move on to something new :lol: releasing the extension source would be a nice remedy for that "issue" and I am sure people would send you patches for improvements as well 8)
You can find the free source code here : http://www.cicoandcico.com
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo »

1) yettyn......i personally think you need to re-think your approach to this and find out more solid facts......your coming accross as arrogant and threatening for demanding source codes etc etc.....you dont sound good at all.

2) I do agree to some extent that the extention .xwb should be included to make it custom as you want it to be but its not the end of the world if people dont supply this with the extention.

Just my 2 cents on this subject
Last edited by madebyibloo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

yettyn the GPL only covers any modification to the original script any changes to PHP ASP or JS to make it better improve how it works it doesnt cover the extension it self all the extension does is make it simpilar to install for those who do not have the knowledge to change PHP ASP JS.. ie change color of text admin details passwords height etc.
Yes I can hear you say are these not modifications yes and no answer yes there is a modification in script but only to allow the changes through the extension itself, but when viewed you wouldnt notice any changes as they dont show as all that gets shown is what you have changed in the extenion this would be the same as if you had manually installed and changed to suit your own needs. So no terms have been broke.

Wouldnt it just be similar if you want a extension in your language to meet your requirements to make your own extension then you can do what you want with it.
wjensen

Post by wjensen »

Hi , I am starting to get 'Internet Exception Error 12003' when uploading. It always happens when attempting to uploadng 'banned_addresses.ccmail' I have tried to set all file attributes to 777. Any idea?
Willy
WJ, Switzerland
wjensen

Post by wjensen »

ok after deleting all ccmail files on the server.
WJ, Switzerland
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

hillbill wrote:Hi there,

Is this extension still available? Can't see any download extensions link on the cicoandcico page.....

g
Download:
Visit www.lucknowwebs.com and look for "Download Extensions"Link

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
wbdesigner

wb login w/ newsletter

Post by wbdesigner »

can you use the db from wb login as the db for the newsletter?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I already mentioned in your other thread that you need to modify the code. And, this extension doesn't use a real DB either, it also uses a db file.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
wbdesigner

Login

Post by wbdesigner »

Yes I understand that, I guess I'm trying to figure out how to use this login for more than just page security. It seems that you should be able to use login info for other things. It's just so close to being full featured login w/ users/groups.
by the way I think that it's great to see a software so well supported. I haven't used wb for awhile and you've made some nice improvements to it.
Thanks
jeff11214

Re: NEWS LETTER & MAILING LIST Extension!

Post by jeff11214 »

Awesome extension!

Question:
When person subscribing receives the e-mail showing "To validate your subscription, click here", the link goes to the index.php page showing "Welcome to CcMail 1.0!".

Can I edit the index.php page so it doesn't show that entire page? I would like it to simply show a page or popup message with "Your e-mail address has been validated" and nothing more. No links, no menus.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 08/04/2012
A proversion of News Letter extension is now available:
http://lucknowwebs.com/news-letter-pro- ... n-for-wb78
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

UPDATE 22/10/2018
This extension has been updated
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=56177&p=414612#p279551

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com