HighSlide PDF Display *** No Longer Supported***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thx neo for taking the time to test this.... :D
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

neo_webbuilder wrote:Tried it again

and now it opens with no error perfectly in nuance reader. I will try to install foxit reader and try it again.

so wait. be back soon.
Thanks Neo,
You were right the earlier pdf was faulty
Both of you could view the pdf now because I had made a fresh pdf and uploaded it to the server,
Thankyou...it opens now correctly here.....wonder how my pdf reader was opening the faulty pdf! :oops:
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Enzo....as bendigo has suggest please update to the latest version of adobe acrobat reader or try using another pdf reader it is know on the Highslide forum that earlier verion of adobe have issues with the script....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I will try and take a look over the weekend and see what may be wrong It loos like it a javascript issue and needs the latest version to work...thanks for bringing this to my attension
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 29/06/10***

Extension is now update for WB 7 please see original post for new download
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Bacon, please read this:
viewtopic.php?p=159132
Your help and advice required, particularly read my last message
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
rolo

Re: HighSlide PDF Display Updated ***29/06/10***

Post by rolo »

"Update Version for WB7 Removed"

When will you add it again?

Thanks!
amrajadhyaksha

Re: HighSlide PDF Display Updated ***21/02/11***

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Need help here, need to know what I am doing wrong.
My WWB edition is 7.6.1, Highslide PDF viewer extension is the latest update for WWB 7.
I havent used this pdf extension before, as I had no need to.

Went as per the pdf and the user interface.
The preview shows the pdf png icon and my altered tooltip.
A window slides out with the outlines I have changed to, and also to my altered width and length.

But no pdf seen. The window is blank.

The pdf file has been automatically gathered by the asset manager to go in the page folder and can be seen there.
Can I know what I may be missing on?
scanner

Post by scanner »

hi baconfries
Just loaded this extensions - Works really well - Thank you.
People like you make WYSIWYG what it is today. Surely you can't be doing this for nothing? You should be getting something for the work you do.
amrajadhyaksha

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Just discovered what I was doing wrong: the file displays perfectly when the site is published, even if it is to a local folder; but not in a preview.
Sorry that I should have seen this option.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It is set to private as I update all my "Extensions" to the latest "Extension Builder" and any new javascript, css required....once I have updated this it will only be available from the "Extension Manager"
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***16/08/11***
Extension has been update to the latest builder and is available from the "Extension Manager" in WB7
BaconFries

Re: HighSlide PDF Display Updated ***16/08/11***

Post by BaconFries »

The extension has been made for sharing IThas been available to download for over two years on "Mediafire" I have decided now to only use the "Extension Manager" for sharing.... you can download from the "Extension Manager" in WB7, it is available for registered members only that are using WB7 and higher... If you have a copy of the latest verion of WYSIWYG Web Builder then yuo will be able to download and use
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Just tested in IE67//8 and Firefox 6.0.2 / Safari 5.1 /Opera 11.51/ Chrome 13.0.782.22.m and it seems to be working for me...the highslide window opens and displays the pdf/s that I have tried it with... If your trying to preview in WB please ensure that you have not ticked the check box in Tools>Options>Miscellaneous>Preview>Disable IE security warning during preview as this will block it from displaying the PDF as you are required to give it permission....for FF please check tha you are not blocking javascript from running as this will also block it ...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As you can see from the screen dump All main Browsers all five main browser working on my PC I can also view with the following http://www.backcountryhorse.com/ from the url below also see screen dump Back Country I did notice that I am require to install a addon for Foxit PDF before I could view the pdf from the back country site and it did take a few seconds to load it into the page and I am using a high speed broadband connection 50mb so if you have a slow connection it may be a issue I would check your internet settings to se if you have anything blocking it working

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=16974&start=60
All main Browsers
highslidepdf.jpg
Back Country
backcountry.jpg
zinc

Post by zinc »

Hey BF. Is there anyway to add a Rollover Image property to this extension?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Not directly with the extension, it would require changing how the extension works by adding a hover class css to the image or in this case two images.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The extension has been removed from use for the time being due to a compatibility issue. Please note that if the extension is made available from any other source other than myself I offer no support for it.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry but the extension is no longer avaialble, this is due to in certain browsers the pdf cannot be opened/displayed in the higslide window and gets forced opened by the pdf reader installed on the endusers PC.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

BaconFries wrote:Sorry but the extension is no longer avaialble, this is due to in certain browsers the pdf cannot be opened/displayed in the higslide window and gets forced opened by the pdf reader installed on the endusers PC.
Hello, Yes this is true for IE9. Have you fixed this problem yet?

Thank you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi sorry as of yet I can find no fix even from the original authors site. It seems that most browsers do not allow do not like displaying PDF files using the Highslide which is is using a iframe to display it, this is done to it being a security issue...you may also have noticed that I have removed this form down via mediafire and the Extension Manager as well.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

BaconFries wrote:Hi sorry as of yet I can find no fix even from the original authors site. It seems that most browsers do not allow do not like displaying PDF files using the Highslide which is is using a iframe to display it, this is done to it being a security issue...you may also have noticed that I have removed this form down via mediafire and the Extension Manager as well.
OK I see. I manage to remove some code so that in IE the document will use Adobe Reader to open. But in FF the original function is working.
I also foound some other code so that one can open a PDF using a Google's function. I will post this code later.

Thank you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks Patrik for you input and taking the time to find a solution :), to be honest with you I have become disillusioned recently with the building of Extensions New/Old even the updating of many, this is due to past experiences within the forum that left me upset, and as you may have seen I removed almost all my extensions due to this, they are now back via the extension manager.... But I still feel is it really worth spending all my free time to source, ask permiision from the original author then build a New extension to only have it picked over to find any faults with it.... my answer to this is no. Anyway if you still wish to share the information you have found please post it and I will see what can be done to update the extension.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, OK this is what i'v done. I removed this code from the highslide-full.js:

Code: Select all

uaVersion: /Trident\/4\.0/.test(navigator.userAgent) ? 8 :
parseFloat((navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().match( /.+(?:rv|it|ra|ie)[\/: ]([\d.]+)/ ) || [0,'0'])[1]),
ie : (document.all && !window.opera),
//ie : navigator && /MSIE [678]/.test(navigator.userAgent), // ie9 compliant?
safari : /Safari/.test(navigator.userAgent),
geckoMac : /Macintosh.+rv:1\.[0-8].+Gecko/.test(navigator.userAgent),
Now the Higheslide pop up wont eaven show up in IE8-9, insted the PDF file will be opend whit Adobe reader. But in FF the Highslide Pop up seams to still work eaven whit this code removed.
Hope some one can get this to work propper.

The other thing i found is not in regards to to the Highslide, but it may be somthing to look in to for buildeing an extention of it?.
This is what i did:
On any image,text or shap, put this as a link and replase the pdf file whit you'r own.
http://docs.google.com/gview?url=http:/ ... .se/Novice Trail 12.pdf
or in an HTML box or inline frame:
<iframe src="http://docs.google.com/gview?url=http:/ ... .se/Novice Trail 12.pdf&embedded=true" style="width:1000px; height:780px;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Some test pages:
http://rswesternriding.se/pdfview.html
http://rswesternriding.se/pdftest3.html
http://rswesternriding.se/pdftest2.html
http://rswesternriding.se/pdftest.html

Maybe some help, i dont know.

Thank you.

Regards

/Patrik.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No the extension is no longer available to download, since it was released just about all of the main browsers have changed there way of displaying the highslide and pdfs, they longer support it being held in a iframe and it breaksout asking to be opened in the version of what pdf reader you have installed on your PC. Reading from the original authors site they now say that pdfs shouldnt be used in the highslide as this takes away control of how a pdf should be displayed.
amrajadhyaksha

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Sad to know that this extension is no longer available.
I had used it and it had issues with FF, functioning well in IE / Chrome / Safari / Opera.
However, with a Menu Bar, there were issues, the pop up opened with the menu bar showing across it, as if the pop up slipped partly under the bar.
Wish there is an option available.
Patrik iden

Re: HighSlide PDF Display *** No Longer Supported***

Post by Patrik iden »

Hi, I was wondering if you would be willing to share this extension. I mean the source files to the extension builder?

Thanks
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

You can also embed PDF using this code, and pdfobject.js
Download the pdfobject.js from here: http://pdfobject.com/downloads/

Demo: http://test3.fcab.se/pdftest/pdftest.html

Will look different in IE 32 bit and FF and the PDF will not show in IE 64 bit, Adobe has not made any 64 bit Reader yet.

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="pdfobject.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

window.onload = function (){

var myPDF = new PDFObject({ 

url: "Webshop_Plus_2_Manual.pdf",
			pdfOpenParams: {
				navpanes: 1,
				view: "FitV",
				pagemode: ""
			}

}).embed();

};

</script>
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Patrik iden would you be interested in testing this extension for me??. I am presently rebuilding all my extensions with the latest builder 4.1. I have rebuilt this one and strangely it is now working in all the browser I have tested with. If you would like to test you can let me know and I will get a copy to you.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

BaconFries wrote:@Patrik iden would you be interested in testing this extension for me??. I am presently rebuilding all my extensions with the latest builder 4.1. I have rebuilt this one and strangely it is now working in all the browser I have tested with. If you would like to test you can let me know and I will get a copy to you.

Hello, Yes please send me a copy, i would be happy to test it.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Patrik iden Ok I will get a copy to you, can I contact you through the site url you show in your profile
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

BaconFries wrote:@Patrik iden Ok I will get a copy to you, can I contact you through the site url you show in your profile
Greate, please contact me through the email address on the startpage of http://fcab.se/FCAB_Hemsida/start.html (Webmaster).

Thank you.
derold

Post by derold »

WB-8.5.6 win 7 IE9 Help!!!!! I can get Highslide pdf to work fine with some pdf,s but others just show white. Why would this be. This works great. I just can't figure out why some PDF work and others don't
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ derold as the heading, the extension is no longer supported sorry, this is due to the issue that you are having as it was repoted to myself, as there is no fix.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Patrik iden Please do not use my thread to promote your extension....thank you :evil: