PHP Directory Listing (FREE) - NEW VERSION/NEW NAME

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
Vlastimil

Re: PHP Directory Listing (FREE) - NEW VERSION/NEW NAME

Post by Vlastimil » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi, I use in one my project many filenames with version info in name. The filenames has named as: File1_version_1.1.pdf, File1_version_1.2.pdf, ... (it`s not only .pfd files).
When I cannot change the file names and must use version numbering for the files, I don`t show this files in directory, because after the first dot in name (version) is for PHP DL not correct extension.
It`s possible made changes to accept dots in filenames and show this files ?
Thanks.

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:31 am

Technically it is OK to use periods in filenames but I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't use ANY special characters personally even though there are only 9 on the keyboard you can't use. The main reason NOT to use multiple periods is because anti virus software hates them.

As for changing the extension to cater for multiple periods in filenames I might be able to do that but I am not sure. However I wont even be able to look at that possibility until December. I am away on holiday from Monday 4th and will not be back until the 15th and then I have two large web projects to work on and I may even have a third so my time will be very limited.

So you'll have to live with the extension as it is for now and until at least early December. However, I would recommend you changed your naming convention.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!

Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks, it`s not problem to wait for you time and use this version, I have the same opinion about name conventions as You, bud I am not owner of this files ... Have a nice holliday :D

alex4orly

Post by alex4orly » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:08 am

Hello,

I am trying to use this extension, please have a look at : http://www.semac.org.au/ -> Past Newsletters (last menu option), how can I place the listing further up the page and how can I avoid it showing the folder name at the top

Hope someone can help

Cheers
Alex

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

alex4orly wrote:Hello,
....how can I place the listing further up the page and how can I avoid it showing the folder name at the top
1. You seem to have worked out how not to show the folder

2. Change the padding from 100px to 10px in the extension and republish. Or manually edit the padding in the published CSS file so you can change the padding for just the top. At the moment the extension uses a CSS statement of padding:XXpx; (where XX is the value you enter into the extension). This causes ALL four borders to use the same padding value. If you change it back to 10px it will fill the page better and will be closer to the top of the page. If you manually edit the css you will need to set padding for all sides e.g. padding:10px 50px 20px 50px; where the sequence is TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM and then finally LEFT.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM

alex4orly

Post by alex4orly » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Hello Adendum,

1) I didn't manage to remove the directory name, it is still there
2) Not sure which padding should I change, I changed the one in File list container styling from 100 to 10, but that didn't fix it.

I prefer to do it through the system rather than manually edit the source code which I am going by trial and error (mostly error), and will be happy if I can fill up the page better

So, looking forward to your instructions
Cheers

Adendum

Post by Adendum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Alex,

Open the extension on your page and look for the setting that has a 100px value in it. If memory serves it is in section F.

But when I look at your site again I see you have already changed it,

Joseph Lee

Post by Joseph Lee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Wondering if someone can please help me with this script? Can't figure out how to configure it to see the contents folder!

Thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74529&p=372636#p372577

Thank you.

Joseph

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:27 pm

@Joseph Lee This extension thread is unrelated to the one by yourself at the URL you provided. Please do not post questions regarding it here as it is Hijacking this thread... Thank you....Note the extension related to this thread is no longer available by the original poster.

alex4orly

Post by alex4orly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 am

Hello Addendum,

Is there a way to get the listing up and have it sorted in descending order, with the need to click on the file name header?

Cheers

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Where is extension ?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:18 am

@alex4orly you may not be aware but Adendum may not be offering support on this extension as he has passed it on to forum member CJS who has yet to give a rerelease date and to offer support for it.

@Paul The extension is no longer available from the original developer Adendum as no he longer supports it. It has been passed to another user/member named CJS as of yet he has not re-released it under his name and it may be he won't anytime soon.

alex4orly

Post by alex4orly » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:26 am

Hi Baconfries,

Thanks for the comment, I have become aware of the situation recently
Will wait to see ... In hope

Cheers

bradf

Post by bradf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Sorry for the dumb inquiry, but I am unable to find a download link for this extension. Could you please provide?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Sorry the extension is no longer available to download or supported by the developer anymore.